Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

EAD renewal before 120 days?

It used to be three to four months, but CIS officially suggests a six month timeframe. Reason for this is that they stopped issuing any interim EADs which they used to do if the EAD application was pending for over 3 months. Usually 90 days is the maximum they take for processing EADs, but that does not account for any RFEs etc...so they suggest six months...(the skeptic in me says to extricate some more fees from the applicant).

Hi Ks,

My lawyer said she can't apply for EAD renewal before 120 days. Is there such a rule?

Thanks,
Manas

I remember someone on this thread applied for EAD/AP himself...

I am going to apply for EAD/AP myself and am not going to use a lawyer. I distinctly remember that someone on this thread had applied for EAD/AP himself w/o using a lawyer. Could you help me find answers for the following questions:

1.) My last EAD was approved by TSC. Now that my 485 has been transferred to NSC and is pending there, where should I apply for my EAD renewal?
2,) what address should I send the application to? Can I send EAD/AP in the same envelop?

Thanks
-P

Hi Ks,

My lawyer said she can't apply for EAD renewal before 120 days. Is there such a rule?

Thanks,
Manas

Hi Manas,

Yes, you cannot have two overlapping EADs, but you're supposed to apply six months before expiration of the old one...so, yes, wait till the window is six months or less to expiration of the existing one, and then have the attny send in the papers.

I am going to apply for EAD/AP myself and am not going to use a lawyer. I distinctly remember that someone on this thread had applied for EAD/AP himself w/o using a lawyer. Could you help me find answers for the following questions:

1.) My last EAD was approved by TSC. Now that my 485 has been transferred to NSC and is pending there, where should I apply for my EAD renewal?
2,) what address should I send the application to? Can I send EAD/AP in the same envelop?

Thanks
-P

Pururwa,
You would mail the documents to the NSC since your AOS is pending at NSC.
I'm unsure if you can enclose both in the same envelope, but here are the links to the forms along with filing instructions...
EAD:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

AP:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Well, my prediction about you being approved by end of June 2007, turned out a good 3 months late. Better late than never, huh?:) Enjoy it! bcos you truly deserve it more than anybody else in this thread; you have done a lot of good here!

I had also predicted that my GC will be approved by end of June 2007; I do not mind that prediction turning out 6 months late. If I will be approved by December 2007, I will be the happiest person in this world!:)

Ks, can you pass on your contact details to my personal email address - wellwishergc@yahoo.com; I will reciprocate. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Wellwisher

Thanks Well. Its been well over a month now but it feels like forever ago...

My understanding is that the derivative does not need to be employed at all times. He/she is legal as long as the primary applicant is maintaining a full-time job in the profile that his/her labor application for the GC process was applied for.

KS, Wellwisher any one who can throw some light.

The derivative of pending AOS with a valid EAD/AP if they do not convert to H4 should they be employed at all times or could they be in legal immig. status while not employed?

Congratulations and Good luck Navneet!

I have something to report. I had called the TSC using the POJ trick yesterday. After taking the receipt no etc from me, the IO told me "Sir, your card is in Production". I was totally shocked as there has been no LUD for the last one year on my case. The last LUD was on 8/7/06.

I asked the IO if she meant that I was approved and she said "Yes, the card is in production Sir". I told her that the online status has not changed at all and there is no LUD as well. She said "well its gone in production just today. Could take a week to show up".

My online status still shows - Case received and pending - and there is no LUD today too!!

I am not sure how to react to this. Ofcourse the excitement is beyond limits, but I have been checking the online status every 2 mins since yesterday to see if it is actually for REAL!!!

One other thing was I asked her about my Wife's case and the IO said that she is still pending !!!

Any Comments ??

Applying yourself for the EAD/AP is not a big deal; just follow the instructions, fill out the appropriate forms; attach the appropriate documents; send the package to the service center and you should be good.

I am planning to do it myself for my renewal - not yet though; I will start my renewal process in the first week of Feb 2008 since my EAD/AP expires mid-May. Hopefully, I would receive my GC before Feb 2008 and do not have to go through this ordeal.:)

Thanks for the link GC_LIkee.

Congrats Navneet. Enjoy now.

I believe KS and one more guy, prez I guess, had applied for their EAD themselves. Could one of you please elaborate the whole procedure?

Thanks again.

Don't believe the first rep; call a couple of times again to ensure that whatever the first rep told you is consistent.

After Navneet's revelation about the "section" on the receipt notice, I am planning to call the service center to ensure that my application was received under cross-chargeability as well.

So, I called NSC to verify if my application was under cross-chargeability. The customer service rep put me on hold to talk to her supervisor. Then she told me that when immigration officer will open your case for adjudication he will *automatically* charge your wife's country if visa is not available for your country.

What a big jump. Williamtt had to send scores of letters to be considered under CC and now it is automatic. Does that sound right? I find it a bit far fetched.

Even if you apply 6 months in advance, wouldn't they give the EAD validity start period as the day next the expiration of the previous card?

Thanks in advance!

It used to be three to four months, but CIS officially suggests a six month timeframe. Reason for this is that they stopped issuing any interim EADs which they used to do if the EAD application was pending for over 3 months. Usually 90 days is the maximum they take for processing EADs, but that does not account for any RFEs etc...so they suggest six months...(the skeptic in me says to extricate some more fees from the applicant).

I think you can; But have a cover letter to the package detailing out the contents of the package with a serial number
For eg:
1) EAD renewal application for primary applicant, XXXX (check attached)
2) EAD renewal application for dependant applicant, XXXX (check attached)
3) Evidence 1 - Receipt notice of Pending AOS application
7) AP renewal application for .....

Also, seperate the various contents by a page-seperator marked with the serial number and the content description matching with what is specified on the cover page; I use a 'pink' paper as the page-seperator. Not that 'pink' is my favorite color:), just helps to be flashy with your application!

Hope this helps!
Pururwa,
You would mail the documents to the NSC since your AOS is pending at NSC.
I'm unsure if you can enclose both in the same envelope, but here are the links to the forms along with filing instructions...
EAD:

AP:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

I have something funny to report yet again. Just as the IO had told me on the phone that my case is approved and the card has gone to production on 10/9, it proved right. I got my card in mail today !!!!

FUNNY THING - The case status online still shows "Case received and Pending".

I am really confused and excited at the same time. I would be calling my lawyers tomorrow to get some information from them if this is normal and if it does happen this way.

Has anyone else read any other post reporting this kind of stuff ??

Cheers!
Navneet

Congrats Navneet

Enjoy your Green...

Guys,

I have something funny to report yet again. Just as the IO had told me on the phone that my case is approved and the card has gone to production on 10/9, it proved right. I got my card in mail today !!!!

I am really confused and excited at the same time. I would be calling my lawyers tomorrow to get some information from them if this is normal and if it does happen this way.

Cheers!
Navneet

Congrats man.

Guys,

Cheers!
Navneet

Best wishes.

Guys,

Cheers!
Navneet

Dont worry dude, you are through! My AP2 renewal has been approved but it still says "Case recieved and pending" online.

Now processing dates for TSC

I cant believe that the now processing dates for TSC went back 4 months for 485! This gives USCIS the standard, "under normal processing" excuse for all status related inquiries..:mad:

Just Got Green!!!!

Guys,

I spoke to my lawyers and they said that I am good to go. The online status update is not the leading factor.

So, it looks like I just got Green!!!!

Thanks to everyone on this wonderful forum and I pray that everyone gets their cards soooooon.

I still have half the battle to complete. We had called TSC for my wife's case and were told that she is stuck in Name check !!!! So looks like now I have to start writing some more letters for her.

Cheers!
Navneet

Guys,

I spoke to my lawyers and they said that I am good to go. The online status update is not the leading factor.

So, it looks like I just got Green!!!!

Thanks to everyone on this wonderful forum and I pray that everyone gets their cards soooooon.

I still have half the battle to complete. We had called TSC for my wife's case and were told that she is stuck in Name check !!!! So looks like now I have to start writing some more letters for her.

Cheers!
Navneet

Congrats bud.. Enjoy.. Were you stuck in name check before you got this going?

Hi Over,

Yes, I was stuck in the name check too. I followed the regular route of writing to senator, congressman, got the FOIPA and then wrote to FL as well. Got the "in process" letter from FBI. Now, finally got the card.

-Navneet

concurrent filling

Hi Over,

Yes, I was stuck in the name check too. I followed the regular route of writing to senator, congressman, got the FOIPA and then wrote to FL as well. Got the "in process" letter from FBI. Now, finally got the card.

-Navneet

hi all,

I am a July fiasco EB2 filer with a PD of September 2005, India. I came across this thread when I was trying to research crosschargeability based on parents place of birth.

Like another poster here (krish_5), my parents were born in north west india prior to partition, in an area that is now in pakistan.

My question is can i use crosschargeability to their place of birth and if so, can I do it at this stage when my papers have been filed and FP, etc has been completed?

Thanks