Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Whats a 'FOIPA' ?

# The National Name Check Program (NNCP) conducts a search of the FBI's Universal Index to identify any information contained in FBI records that may be associated with an individual and provides the results of that search to the requesting federal, state, or local agency. For the NNCP, a name is searched in a multitude of combinations and phonetic spellings to ensure all records are located. The NNCP also searches for both "main" and "cross reference" files. A main file is an entry that carries the name corresponding to the subject of a file while a cross reference is merely a mention of an individual contained in a file. The results from a search of this magnitude can result in several "hits" and "idents" on an individual. In each instance where UNI has identified a name variation or reference, information must be reviewed to determine whether it is applicable to the individual in question.
# The Record/Information Dissemination Section/Freedom of Information-Privacy Acts (FOIPA) search for records provides copies of FBI files relevant to a FOIPA request for information. FOIPA provides responsive documents to requesters seeking "reasonably described information." For a FOIPA search, the subject name, event, activity, business, or event is searched to determine whether there is an investigative file associated with the subject. This is called a "main file search" and differs from The NNCP search

All,

My CC file (parents place of birth) was returned from INS and the lawyer is not filing it again with the cover letter available on this forum. I am planning to file the papers on my own.

Can someone confirm if the fees can be sent as a personal check? The lawyer has insisted on money order or bankers checks.

All,

My CC file (parents place of birth) was returned from INS and the lawyer is not filing it again with the cover letter available on this forum. I am planning to file the papers on my own.

Can someone confirm if the fees can be sent as a personal check? The lawyer has insisted on money order or bankers checks.
Krish,
Sorry this is happening to you bud. Hang in there. Forget the attorney, you're probably better off doing this yourself since no doubt you're perhaps more well versed with CC than (s)he is at this point.
It would be in your best interest to read WellWisher's post from a couple of pages ago and follow the format he did...excellent stuff, besides the cover letter. Gather all the exhibits you can. Lastly, cc the packet to the CIS Ombudsman...google for that and you can get his name and address. I'd also suggest cc-ing the Center Director as well.
As far as the payment goes, I'd suggest a bank check, but I think they accept personal checks just as well.

Actually, let me retract the attorney thing. A good attorney is an invaulable asset, more like an insurance policy as far as AOS goes. If you can, maybe you can try a different lawyer? If u have the cash to expend, perhaps one of the larger firms such as Khanna or Murthy? I think they've got experience with CC cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Krish,
Sorry this is happening to you bud. Hang in there. Forget the attorney, you're probably better off doing this yourself since no doubt you're perhaps more well versed with CC than (s)he is at this point.
It would be in your best interest to read WellWisher's post from a couple of pages ago and follow the format he did...excellent stuff, besides the cover letter. Gather all the exhibits you can. Lastly, cc the packet to the CIS Ombudsman...google for that and you can get his name and address. I'd also suggest cc-ing the Center Director as well.
As far as the payment goes, I'd suggest a bank check, but I think they accept personal checks just as well.

Actually, let me retract the attorney thing. A good attorney is an invaulable asset, more like an insurance policy as far as AOS goes. If you can, maybe you can try a different lawyer? If u have the cash to expend, perhaps one of the larger firms such as Khanna or Murthy? I think they've got experience with CC cases.

Thanks for your advice. I will try to contact Khanna.
But, for submitting the case to CIS Ombudsman, I need case number / petition receipt number. If INS does not accept the application, I don't have these.

I need help on I-485 Part 2. Application type CHECK BOX. My attorney filed under check box (a) ....immediately available visa number has been approved.

For application under CC, is check box (h) other basis of eligibility.... more relevant. This provides space to explain cross-chargeability case.

Any thoughts.

Thanks for your advice. I will try to contact Khanna.
But, for submitting the case to CIS Ombudsman, I need case number / petition receipt number. If INS does not accept the application, I don't have these.

Sure, but if you are sending the application via mail, it doesn't really matter. You're just penning a letter asking the Ombudsman to intervene if need be. I'd start with following the format from WellWisher, and cc-ing the Center Director. If for some bizarre reason, the packet is sent back yet again, then you'd involve the Ombudsman. However, if you do seek competent legal counsel, I am sure that your packet would be accepted sans further issues.

I need help on I-485 Part 2. Application type CHECK BOX. My attorney filed under check box (a) ....immediately available visa number has been approved.

For application under CC, is check box (h) other basis of eligibility.... more relevant. This provides space to explain cross-chargeability case.

Any thoughts.

I don't recall off the top of my head, its been a year. WellWisher...?

Iam thinking of calling TSC today to find out about my application. I know its a little too early to panic and there are a lot of people ahead of me, however I dont think it would be a bad idea to see if I can get some info about the name check process.

Did anybody else try to find out their security check status by calling up their cust service ? (or rather, 'did it work?' :D )

Iam thinking of calling TSC today to find out about my application. I know its a little too early to panic and there are a lot of people ahead of me, however I dont think it would be a bad idea to see if I can get some info about the name check process.

Did anybody else try to find out their security check status by calling up their cust service ? (or rather, 'did it work?' :D )

Passcore, from what I have seen, the 800 number folks either really do not have access to that information or they don't divulge it. I'd put my money on the former. The POJ trick might reveal the status, but thats also the luck of the draw, wherein the TSC officers may not reveal this to you over the phone. The best bet is to invest some time and get an Infopass appointment to know for certain. Either that, or call your congressperson to find out.

Passcore, from what I have seen, the 800 number folks either really do not have access to that information or they don't divulge it. I'd put my money on the former. The POJ trick might reveal the status, but thats also the luck of the draw, wherein the TSC officers may not reveal this to you over the phone. The best bet is to invest some time and get an Infopass appointment to know for certain. Either that, or call your congressperson to find out.

Passcore, ks_cc, actually, I think the 800 number guys do have access to the namecheck information though it does seem a little hookey. I called them and was told mine was not cleared; my wife called and was told her's was - we did confirm this later with an INFOPASS appointment.

Also, what's really wierd, is that my wife's namecheck was cleared within 15 days of the 485 application being accepted. Or good, or whatever.

INFOPASS appointments are really easy to make and are free; I recommend its use to get concrete information.

vik

Passcore, ks_cc, actually, I think the 800 number guys do have access to the namecheck information though it does seem a little hookey. I called them and was told mine was not cleared; my wife called and was told her's was - we did confirm this later with an INFOPASS appointment.

Also, what's really wierd, is that my wife's namecheck was cleared within 15 days of the 485 application being accepted. Or good, or whatever.

INFOPASS appointments are really easy to make and are free; I recommend its use to get concrete information.

vik
Vik,
Hookey's a good word.
Agreed on the Infopass. For whatever reason, they seem to process the derivative wicked fast, and let the primary languish...since the cases cannot be processed unless the primary is clear.

Vik,
Hookey's a good word.
Agreed on the Infopass. For whatever reason, they seem to process the derivative wicked fast, and let the primary languish...since the cases cannot be processed unless the primary is clear.

I thought about getting an INFOPASS appointment and finding out the status of these things myself, however iam not sure how that would turn out due to a couple of things:
- my notice date is still not under the 'now processing dates'
- my company lawer is not going to assist/agree with this, so iam on my own.
- iam afraid it might cause some unncessary complication :eek:

Anyways ill give it some more thought before I decide, either ways, ill at least call them up and see what they have to say

For primary applicant, it should be (a) and for the derivative applicant (spouse), it should be (b); This is what I used on my responses.

Not sure if (h) is acceptable for a cross-chargeability case.

The above should

Any thoughts.

I would suggest that the checks be sent from the employer or the attorney for the I140 case. That is because I-140 is employer's application.

Not very sure if the other applications like I485, I765 could go as your personal check. It should be possible, since these are your applications.

All,

For primary applicant, it should be (a) and for the derivative applicant (spouse), it should be (b); This is what I used on my responses.

Not sure if (h) is acceptable for a cross-chargeability case.

I just checked my filings, and in our cases, the lawyers have checked (h) for both me and my wife, and put in a separate page to explain the cross-chargability.

I don't think it really matters what you check though; I guess they can always issue an RFE if they have doubts, and most likely if they have doubts, the rest of the application can clear it up.

Biometrics appointment notification

Some additional progress on my application. My spouse and myself have received the 'Biometrics appointment notification'.

Questions:
1) What are the different aspects that are covered during Biometrics? Is FP part of Biometrics?
2) My wife and myself received appointments for different dates. Is that normal for a primary/dependent case situation? I had assumed that the whole family receives appointments on the same date/time.
3) I understand only the notice copy and passport needs to be taken for the appointment. Any other documents that you would recommend that we take?
4) Is I765 approved only after the biometrics is taken? or Is the I765 approval independent of the biometrics?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the form, Pranju,

1. This form does not seem to be available over the internet. I don't know why?
2. Do you know if anyone has been able to get positive response when using cross-chargeability with parent place of birth.

Hi Satish ,

I guess u have already spoken with my husband Nand .

Thanks
Pranju

Some additional progress on my application. My spouse and myself have received the 'Biometrics appointment notification'.

Questions:
1) What are the different aspects that are covered during Biometrics? Is FP part of Biometrics?
2) My wife and myself received appointments for different dates. Is that normal for a primary/dependent case situation? I had assumed that the whole family receives appointments on the same date/time.
3) I understand only the notice copy and passport needs to be taken for the appointment. Any other documents that you would recommend that we take?
4) Is I765 approved only after the biometrics is taken? or Is the I765 approval independent of the biometrics?

Thanks in advance!

Don't have the answers to your question, but just wanted to say "Good progress!" Now if only the rest of the case moves as fast.