Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Dedo said:
Thanks ks_cc for all the helpful information that you provided in your post. It definately answered a lot of my questions already with regards to all the abbreviations floating around here (a lot more complicated that labor process). I am going for my medical exam this week. Anything to be vary of or be aware of with that?

Thanks and I will keep you all posted
Nope...medicals are just routine stuff...just be aware of the TB skin test...if you've been innoculated as a child, you may get a reaction to the skin test, which they'd need to have you get a chest xray as a follow up for. No pregnancy impending??? If so, then its a sail through.

Ks_cc,

Man, your GC story post was touching. Effing consulting firms and their money grubbing ways. Bas*%rds!

Anyway, hope for the best for you and everyone else still waiting for their GCs.

Dedo,

Looks like I am in the same situation as you. About to file 140/485/EAD/AP for me and wife in a week or so. My attorneys also assured me that they can get it past the mail room, so it is good to hear that the USCIS guys are finally figuring out what CC is all about. BTW, which state are you filing from? I'm in CA, so mine is going to the NSC. If you're NSC too, then your lawyer's comments are doubly reassuring!

prezcalvin said:
Ks_cc,

Man, your GC story post was touching. Effing consulting firms and their money grubbing ways. Bas*%rds!

Anyway, hope for the best for you and everyone else still waiting for their GCs.
Thanks...business is business and in the end, its all about the benjamins. I understand that, and even respect it. Its an underhanded way to make money, but to each his own. I bear a good deal of the blame...my efforts in the early 2000s had been lackadaisical at best. If I would have ramped up efforts earlier on, things would've been a lot different.
Ironically, I kind of "grew up" here, having been in the northeast since a relatively young age, graduating before I was 20, etc, so I kind of took things for granted...
Oh well, this too shall pass....the light at the end of the tunnel should be close...hopefully its not an incoming Acela :)

< the light at the end of the tunnel should be close...hopefully its not an incoming Acela :) >

Now you've got me humming Metallica, if one can 'hum' Metallica :)

Your amazing attitude towards those who are screwing you is very cool, very Gandhian, and very much worthy of respect. Peace out, bro. As someone said, you'd make a good, compassionate immigration lawyer. Think about it!

ks_cc said:
Nope...medicals are just routine stuff...just be aware of the TB skin test...if you've been innoculated as a child, you may get a reaction to the skin test, which they'd need to have you get a chest xray as a follow up for. No pregnancy impending??? If so, then its a sail through.

Yes, i have been innoculated as a child so looks like i will have the x-ray. The doc i am going to said that they send everyone for an x-ray instead of the skin test because I am sure that most people have a reaction.

prezcalvin said:
< the light at the end of the tunnel should be close...hopefully its not an incoming Acela :) >

Now you've got me humming Metallica, if one can 'hum' Metallica :)

Your amazing attitude towards those who are screwing you is very cool, very Gandhian, and very much worthy of respect. Peace out, bro. As someone said, you'd make a good, compassionate immigration lawyer. Think about it!
Thanks for your kind words! Much appreciated. I'd be more than happy to help out folks seeking their American Dream!
Humming Metallica....I wonder when all of us would bust out of St. Elsewhere :)

Dedo said:
Yes, i have been innoculated as a child so looks like i will have the x-ray. The doc i am going to said that they send everyone for an x-ray instead of the skin test because I am sure that most people have a reaction.
Yup...the reaction on my skin was a lump the size of Texas....not pretty. But, getting the XRay was done in the next 30 minutes, handed it back to the doc, and he signed off on it.
I think the worst part of it for me was getting the blood drawn...the nurse couldn't locate the vein (muscle mass, I work out), so she kept jabbing until she found one. It was a "holey" experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
prezcalvin said:
Ks_cc,
Dedo,

Looks like I am in the same situation as you. About to file 140/485/EAD/AP for me and wife in a week or so. My attorneys also assured me that they can get it past the mail room, so it is good to hear that the USCIS guys are finally figuring out what CC is all about. BTW, which state are you filing from? I'm in CA, so mine is going to the NSC. If you're NSC too, then your lawyer's comments are doubly reassuring!

Yep looks like my attorney has figured out the right mix of flourescent paint to put on the cover letter to get their attention. My applications will be going out to the VSC and I hope it is successful during first attempt. Some other things i got from them: AP and EAD approved usually in 90 days, 140 form 6-9 months, and 485 from 6-18 months depending on the FBI. Just some benchmakrs for ya all.....

Dedo said:
Yep looks like my attorney has figured out the right mix of flourescent paint to put on the cover letter to get their attention. My applications will be going out to the VSC and I hope it is successful during first attempt. Some other things i got from them: AP and EAD approved usually in 90 days, 140 form 6-9 months, and 485 from 6-18 months depending on the FBI. Just some benchmakrs for ya all.....
Dedo,
Nice! Good to have helpful attorneys.
Now, just a note....my EADs and APs got approved in little under two months, ditto the 140 I think. If you can, I would advise filing the 140 under the premium processing, reason being that the 485 adjudications don't happen until the 140 is approved for employment based AOS applications...just something to consider.

ks_cc said:
Dedo,
Nice! Good to have helpful attorneys.
Now, just a note....my EADs and APs got approved in little under two months, ditto the 140 I think. If you can, I would advise filing the 140 under the premium processing, reason being that the 485 adjudications don't happen until the 140 is approved for employment based AOS applications...just something to consider.

Thanks ks_cc. i will certainly discuss the premium processing with my attorney. How long does it take for 1-140 approval through premium processing?

Yes, I-140 premium processing is something that eliminates one more unnecessary painful variable. Get it done premium. With premium processing you get the case adjudicated within two to three weeks.

My company was refusing to do premium processing initially, I eventually worked out a deal with them where I paid the $1K for the premium processing, and they are covering the 485/EAD/AP costs for both me and my wife. Even if your company refuses initially, try and work out some kind of a deal.

BTW, can anyone confirm this rumor going around: from March onwards, the USCIS will disallow concurrent filing ? It doesn't matter for me (hopefully will be filing concurrent in a week's time), but it might make premium processing of I-140 an even more important issue for other folks.

Dedo said:
Thanks ks_cc. i will certainly discuss the premium processing with my attorney. How long does it take for 1-140 approval through premium processing?
Not entirely sure...other folks in this forum might know. When I filed, there was no such thing. I'd guess the thing probably takes 2-3 weeks....just my guess.

Quick Question to all

ks_cc said:
Not entirely sure...other folks in this forum might know. When I filed, there was no such thing. I'd guess the thing probably takes 2-3 weeks....just my guess.
Who gets to keep the approved I-140, you or your company?

pururwa said:
Who gets to keep the approved I-140, you or your company?
Hey pururwa,
The 140 is property of the employer, so they get to keep it. You are of course entitled to a copy for your records.

Question on AP

Does AP really allow you to travel without a Visa into the US? So if i get my AP approved in 2-3 months, can i go in and out of the country without a valid US visa? Will I still need to mainitain valid H1-B status? i am a little confused on how AP works and what purpose the H1-B serves after the AP has been approved

Please enlighten me

Thanks

You don't need to have valid H1-B status if your AP is approved. You can travel outside the US and return with a valid AP even if your H1-B visa expiry date has come and gone.

Similarly, if your H1-B visa is valid, and you get AP, it is redundant really. You can still use AP of course, but just as valid is your in-status H1-B stamp for travel purposes.

I'm pretty sure that's right, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

485 Filed under CC

Hi,
My lawyer has submitted my application for 485. My application was send to Nebraska Service Center. Is it necessary that all the applications has to be routed through NSC? Does any one in this forum has submitted their application recently? (Thru NSC or other SC's). What are their experiences?

I thank everyone in this forum for helping and sharing out information. This forum has been of increadible help to me.

Thanks Again

NDH

prezcalvin said:
You don't need to have valid H1-B status if your AP is approved. You can travel outside the US and return with a valid AP even if your H1-B visa expiry date has come and gone.

Similarly, if your H1-B visa is valid, and you get AP, it is redundant really. You can still use AP of course, but just as valid is your in-status H1-B stamp for travel purposes.

I'm pretty sure that's right, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
I am not sure about the statement u made prezcalvin. I have a valid H1B and my lawyer 'explicitly' told me not to travel out of the country until the AP arrives. I have no clue as it makes no sense, since I am on a valid visa.