Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

EAD approved

Hi,
My wife's and my EAD have been approved yesterday. I received an e-mail from CIS about the same. (The newcard has been ordered by CIS and papers may be on the way).
I had filed concurrently (140-485 and 765). RD May 6th. :)

EAD & AP approved

Hi Guys,
Mine & my wife's EAD and AP approved on 07/07.

RD:04/28(140/485/765/131)
ND:05/10(140/485/765/131)
FP:06/18(cleared on 06/29 from FBI, sent back to INS)
EAD & AP:07/07
EB2, NSC...

Any one got approval??

Singhflying,
Are you in EB2 or EB3?? Mine is EB2. looks like we both are in same boat. Do you now anyone around our processing times got 140and/or 485 approved?? I don't know any one.

Sattibabu_2004

I-140, 485

Hi Sattibabu,
I have not received any FP notice yet. Guess you are the lucky one with FP finished.
My case is identical like yours.
I do not know any one whose I-140 has been cleared or 485 has been cleared. On the immigrationwatch.com I have seen a couple of May 14 nd 24th people whose I-140 have been cleared!!!!!! Guess they are an abbration.
If you look at the CIS site, they have turned the time back to September 2003 from May 14 2004 for I-140 (I guess EB3 or EB2 ).
Hey, let us keep in touch and monitor as to what is happening and take a guess as to why!!
Regards
Singhflying

my EAD approved

Hi Singhflying,

Same case with me ,My wife's and my EAD have been approved on 14th jul. I received an e-mail from CIS about the same. I had filed concurrently (140-485 and 765). RD May 14th. Still waiting for my FP. EB3...NSC

Singhflying said:
Hi,
My wife's and my EAD have been approved yesterday. I received an e-mail from CIS about the same. (The newcard has been ordered by CIS and papers may be on the way).
I had filed concurrently (140-485 and 765). RD May 6th. :)

EAD approval

Hi,
My wife's and my EAD cards arrived today. They are for a one year period. Guess CIS might be able to process our papers within one year and hence one year validity. There is no seperate letter of approval but the jacket in which the cards were inserted (like the credit card jackets) mentions that we should preserve that as a letter of approval.

Concurrent Filer

EAD/AP/140/485 : RD : Aug/2003

140 : AD : Nov/2003
EAD1 : AD : Nov/2003
AP1 : AD : Nov/2003
FP1 : May/2004

EAD2 : RD : July/2004
AP2 : RD : July/2004

As 140 is approved, the Ohata memo still apply?

fingerprint notice from Laguna, CA but applied from NSC

140/485/EAD/AP
Service Center applied concurrently in one packet from NSC.
RD : July 2004
ND : July 2004
FP : Aug/2004

As I do stay in California, I got my fingerprint notice from Laguna,
California. My question is -

1. Has NSC transfered my case 140/485/EAD/AP to California or only FP
trasnfered to California?

2. Should I see processing time of NSC or CSC?

Anybody has same situation like this? Please share your experience.

Thanks,

Hi AjayKumar,
I too have the same experience except i filed in NSC and i do live in Florida and hence got my FP in Florida thru FP notice from Dallas, TSC.
Pl. see my answers below for your questions.

Thanks,
kvrp

AjayKumar said:
140/485/EAD/AP
Service Center applied concurrently in one packet from NSC.
RD : July 2004
ND : July 2004
FP : Aug/2004

As I do stay in California, I got my fingerprint notice from Laguna,
California. My question is -

1. Has NSC transfered my case 140/485/EAD/AP to California or only FP
trasnfered to California?

--> No your case is still with NSC only. Only FP is transfered to local juridiction in CA since u live in CA. As soon as ur FP is done the results will go to NSC from FBI.

2. Should I see processing time of NSC or CSC?

--> You should see the processing times of NSC only.

Again, all the replies i quoted above are purely based on my experience. You should check with ur attorny with reference to ur spicific case details on the subject matter of your questions above.

Anybody has same situation like this? Please share your experience.

Thanks,

Validity of FP ?

Friends,

Can anyone let me know; What is the validity of the FP? It has been exactly 1 year from my FP, so I wanna know how long is it valid and/or should I expect a 2nd FP ?

Thanks much
V

As you might see at immigrationwatch.com..... lots of Feb'03 cases have been approved e.g
LIN031065**** 02/13/03 APPROVED 07/02/04

I am not sure what this LIN03-1065xxx stands for, I used to know, but cant recall any more, I think 03 is year, then no. of days from Oct etc.

Can some one throw some light on this?

Thanks,
V

Urgent...request for information

Friends,

I had changed my addr, about 1 yr back, filed AR-11, and also asked to change the addr on pending 485 apps for me and my wife.My I-140 got approved during that time and my lawyer got the copy.

BUt, I recently checked 140 status on web and it said, that "post office returned the notice that v sent on July'03"

Last, week I checked with customer service rep regarding that and found that they still had my OLD addr on my 140 and 485. BUT, had recent addr for my wife's 485. I requested them to change the sme on my 485 and approved 140.

NOW, today, the status on my 485 and 140 has been updated as

"On September 29, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283"

Can anyone pls, throw some light abt what this might be?

Thanks much in adv,

V

vik999 said:
Friends,

I had changed my addr, about 1 yr back, filed AR-11, and also asked to change the addr on pending 485 apps for me and my wife.My I-140 got approved during that time and my lawyer got the copy.

BUt, I recently checked 140 status on web and it said, that "post office returned the notice that v sent on July'03"

Last, week I checked with customer service rep regarding that and found that they still had my OLD addr on my 140 and 485. BUT, had recent addr for my wife's 485. I requested them to change the sme on my 485 and approved 140.

NOW, today, the status on my 485 and 140 has been updated as

"On September 29, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283"

Can anyone pls, throw some light abt what this might be?

Thanks much in adv,

V

vik999,
Don't worry about the online message "On September 29, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283".
It means that USCIS had received recent address change request from u, though the above message is not truely reflects it. I have seen many people whoever updated ther addresses with USCIS received the same message posted on this forum many number of times.

Thanks...I am wondering if this has any bearing on the approval (faster approval) of case. Since, My RD is Feb'03 and I am observing that few cases from Oct'Nov'02 r getting approved

thanks again

Hi Guys,

Would like to share with you guys that my EAD is approved on 10/29. Got email yesterday that the cards have been ordered..!

Here are my details:

I140 RD:07/21

ND:08/07 (485/765/131)

I140 Approved : 08/12

FP ND:09/02 (FP Date: 09/22)

RFE for EAD, AP : 10/05

EAD Approved:10/29
EB2, NSC

Waiting for 485 approval, wish you good luck all of you...

Cheers,
-raj

Hi,

Is there anybody who had applied concurrent between april 15th, 2004 and April 30th,2004 and has there I-140 approved.

I was under the impression that the new rule for concurrent filers will be effective after April 30th. However, it seems that they may have made if effective for all cases from April 1st onwards. Does anybody has any updates.

Update, I got my fingerprinting completed recently. So now waiting for the I-140 approval.

Regards,

USCIS delinks I-140 processing with I-485

:) 20 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20536
HQOPRD 70/11.1
To: REGIONAL DIRECTORS
SERVICE CENTER DIRECTORS
DISTRICT DIRECTORS
NATIONAL BENEFIT CENTER DIRECTOR
Associate Director of Operations
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security
Date: December 29, 2004
RE: Regression of E31 and E32 Visa Numbers for Applicants from Mainland China, India, and
the Philippines
Rescission of March 31, 2004 Policy Memo re: Concurrent Adjudication of Concurrently
Filed Form I-140s and Form I-485s
1. Purpose.
This memorandum provides guidance to the field on how to handle Form I-485 adjustment of
status applications and concurrently filed Form I-140 immigrant visa petitions/I-485 adjustment of
status applications that are affected by the visa number regression under the E31 skilled worker or
the E32 professional categories for applicants from mainland China, India, and the Philippines. This
memorandum also notifies the field that the March 31, 2004 policy memorandum issued by Fujie
Ohata, Director Service Center Operations and entitled Procedural Instructions for Concurrent
Adjudication of Concurrently Filed Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker and Form I-
485, Application for Adjustment of Status is hereby rescinded. This guidance is effective
immediately.
2. Background.
The January 2005 Visa Bulletin published by the Department of State (DOS) indicates that
visa availability under the E31 and E32 categories for applicants from mainland China, India, and
the Philippines has regressed to January 1, 2002. In recent years, all employment-based visa
Regression of E31 and E32 Visa Numbers for Applicants from Mainland China, India, and the
Philippines
HQOPRD 70/11.1
Page 2
categories have been “Current” for all countries, primarily as a result of The American
Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act (AC-21), Pub. L. 106-331, and changes in U.S.
Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) processing procedures that created a significant
backlog of cases and a consequent reduction in demand for visa numbers.
In FY 2004, USCIS embarked on a major effort to reduce backlogs by the end of FY 2006.
As a result, immigrant visa numbers have been allocated at a faster rate than in comparison to
previous years. Section 201(a)(2) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) states that not more
than 27 percent of the employment-based annual limit may be used in each of the first three quarters
of a fiscal year. Based on the rate of demand in the first quarter of FY 2005, DOS has determined
that it is necessary to impose limits on the allocation of immigrant visa numbers to applicants from
mainland China, India, and the Philippines during the second quarter of FY 2005, due to the high
demand for E31 and E32 category visas in these countries.
As noted, this memorandum also rescinds the March 31, 2004, concurrent adjudication
memorandum. USCIS has determined that, from an operational standpoint, the concurrent
adjudication of the Form I-140 and Form I-485 has created administrative challenges and has not
resulted in enhancements to customer service. Accordingly, USCIS has decided to rescind the
March 31, 2004 memorandum. This decision will further USCIS’ goal of reducing backlogs in the
adjudication of these forms.
3. Concurrent Filing, Concurrent Adjudication, and Withdrawal of the Form I-485.
(a) Concurrent Filing. As a result of the visa regression, beginning on January 1, 2005, and
until further notice, affected applicants from mainland China, India, and the Philippines will not be
able to file Form I-485 or concurrently file Form I-140 and Form I-485 unless an immigrant visa
number is available, pursuant to the Visa Bulletin. Concurrent filings from applicants not affected
by the visa regression will continue in accordance with established policies and procedures.
(b) Concurrent Adjudication. Effective immediately, the memorandum issued by Fujie
Ohata, Director of Service Center Operations, dated March 31, 2004, entitled: Procedural
Instructions for Concurrent Adjudication of Concurrently Filed Form I-140 Immigrant Petition for
Alien Worker and Form I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status is rescinded. The Service
Centers shall continue accepting concurrently filed Form I-140s and Form I-485s and ancillary
applications (Form I-765 applications for employment authorization and Form I-131 applications for
advance parole/travel documents), if a visa number is available and the remaining eligibility criteria
have been met. Adjudication of the Form I-140, however, is no longer dependent on the
adjudicative readiness of the Form I-485.
(c) Withdrawal of the Form I-485 by Applicants Affected by the Visa Regression. When an
applicant withdraws the Form I-485 from a concurrent Form I-140/I-485 filing, the Service Centers
will view the withdrawal as an indication that the applicant intends to pursue immigrant visa
Regression of E31 and E32 Visa Numbers for Applicants from Mainland China, India, and the
Philippines
HQOPRD 70/11.1
Page 3
processing overseas and adjudicate the Form I-140 petition before forwarding it to the National Visa
Center.
4. Timely filed before the visa regression.
Applicants affected by the visa regression may continue to file the Form I-485 adjustment
application (with ancillary applications) or concurrently file a Form I-140 immigrant visa petition
and a Form I-485 adjustment application (with ancillary applications) until close of business on
December 30, 2004, provided that they have a current priority date and are otherwise eligible to file.
Applications filed under this provision must be properly filed on or before December 30,
2004. Under 8 CFR 103.2(a)(7), an application will be considered to have been properly filed when
it is physically received at a USCIS office and stamped with the time and date of actual receipt.
USCIS is closed on December 31, 2004, as it is a federal holiday.
5. Fees and Data Entry.
(HQOPRD 70/11.1
Page 4
will forward all cases identified as “Alternate Chargeability” to mailroom review for further review
by USCIS staff.
Section 202(b) of the INA provides rules for determining whether an applicant may be
“charged” to a country other than the one where he/she was born. These alternate chargeability rules
are designed to ensure that children are not separated from their parents, that spouses are not
separated from each other, and that individuals born during the temporary visit of their parents to a
country where they have no residence are not adversely affected by “an accident of birth.” Note that
while a child may be charged to his or her parent’s country of birth, the reciprocal is not true. A
parent cannot be charged to the country where his/her child was born. For a complete discussion of
the alternate chargeability rules, see Adjudicator Field Manual (AFM) Chapter 20.1(d).
If upon review, it is determined that a case may be covered by the provisions of section
202(b) of the INA, the Form I-485, along with any ancillary applications and concurrently filed
petition will be accepted and handled under normal practice, provided that the beneficiary who is
accompanying or following to join is not affected by the visa regression and otherwise meets the
criteria set forth in section 202(b) of the INA.
7. Handling of Form I-140/I-485s Filed After Visa Numbers Have Regressed.
(a) Form I-485s filed separately. If there is no visa available when a Form I-485 is filed, the
I-485 and fee shall be rejected.
(b) Form I-140s and Form I-485s filed together with one fee. If the Form I-140 and the Form
I-485 are filed together with one fee and there is no visa currently available, the Form I-140, the
relating Form I-485 and ancillary applications, along with fees, all shall be rejected.
(c) Form I-140s and Form I-485s filed together with separate fees. If the Form I-140 and
Form I-485 are filed together with separate fees and there is no visa currently available, the relating
Form I-485 and ancillary applications shall be rejected. The Form I-140 shall be accepted, if the
correct fee has been remitted.
8. Pipeline Form I-485s.
“Pipeline” cases refer to those Form I-485s physically received on or before December 30,
2004, in the appropriate service office but subsequently affected by a regression.
Pipeline cases will be held in abeyance until such time as a visa number becomes available.
Pipeline cases will be considered to be pending during this period, and applicants will be eligible to
apply for interim benefits such as employment authorization and advance parole.
Philippines
HQOPRD 70/11.1
Page 5
9. Contact Information.
Operational and policy questions regarding the guidance provided in this memorandum
should be directed to Robert Genesoni and Bunnie Bryce, respectively, via DHS e-mail, through
appropriate channels. :)

Re: Concurrent filing and retrogression

Hi,
I would like to know if I am affected by the retrogress. My labor was filed in May 2002 and got recently approved. I140 and I485 applications are filed on Dec 24 2004 under EB 3 category (USCIS Nebraska). What is my priority date - May 2002?
I am still waiting for a receipt from CIS to indicate that my application is "properly" filed.
The Jan 2005 Visa bulletin specifies the cut-off date for this category is Jan 2002 (and my priority date is NOT prior to the cut-off date).
Does it mean that my application for I485 will not be considered/rejected? Or is it that the application will still be considered because my application was filed before Dec 30 2004 (but in "pipeline" mode until my priority date becomes prior to future cut-off date)? :confused:

Thanks!