Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Hi,

Does anyone knows what catergory I am in for my I485?

Under my receipt notice, it was stated that I am under Section: "Adjustment as direct beneficiary of immigrant petition". Is this under EB2?

My I140 was filed concurrently under section AIi), skilled worker or professional.

My attorney is not very cooperative and is not giving me a lot of information.

Thanks.

I sent my 140/485/ead 2 weeks back and I have not received anything from INS! I can tell they have received application by FedEx tracking#. Anybody has idea, how long it takes to receive any confirmation document (receipt date etc...)?

you should receive your receipts in 2 - 3 weeks.

Originally posted by Akash Sharma
I sent my 140/485/ead 2 weeks back and I have not received anything from INS! I can tell they have received application by FedEx tracking#. Anybody has idea, how long it takes to receive any confirmation document (receipt date etc...)?

FP is the most unpredeictable...

Me and my friend filed together, he got his FP in 20 days after filing...mine took 5 months...

I-140 / I-485 Dates?

Does anybody know whats happening with I140 and I485 Dates.
Looks like they are not changing a bit for months. Any recent I140 approvals ?

Priority Date Confusion, please help

Today my attorney sent me a copy of my I 140 approval notice. In that document my ND is July 23rd, RD is June 4th and priority date is Aug 2000.

I used a substitution labor and I filed concurrently for 140 and 485.

My Question is because the priority date on my 1 140 approval is Aug 2000 will my 485 application be processed fast???? or will it be the date I submitted ETA 750. Please let me know

Thanks in advance

EAD & AP renewal approved

Today is one year anniversary of our I-485 applications.

Our renewals of EAD and AP were received by NSC on 05/20/2003 (LIN-03-183-xxxxx), and EADs were approved on 08/06/2003 valid from 08/02/2003 to 08/01/2003, APs were approved on 07/31/2003.

We were on vacation outside the States after the attorney sent in the renewals of EAD and AP. We came back yesterday using AP at Los Angeles International Airport. Today I picked up EAD cards from the post office.

Re: Priority Date Confusion, please help

nope it will processed based on ur RD of i-485. thank god for that else other ppl wud be unfairly screwed...

now u wud benefit over other only if priority dates were to retrogress which is not likely anytime soon in my opinion only.

Originally posted by rakgc

My Question is because the priority date on my 1 140 approval is Aug 2000 will my 485 application be processed fast???? or will it be the date I submitted ETA 750. Please let me know

Thanks in advance

file I-485 with two I-140s pending

Dear all,

I filed two I-140 (EB1-OR & EB2-NIW) to NSC this August. Now I am going to file I-485. One lawyer suggested that I file I-485 based on either OR or NIW. Since the I-485 is transferrable, I may write to the BCIS office to redesignate for either of the approved I-140 petition, when necessary. Some lawyers suggested that I attach both I-140 receipts since no law
says I cannot. However, I am not sure whether BCIS would link my I-485 to both I-140s, or do they just randomly assign one of I-140s to go with the I-485? Did anyone here have the same experience? Any advice would be highly appreciated!!!

140/485/765 Filed :12/02(Concurrent)
140/485/765 Denied :05/03(because 140 requirements)

Employer Re Filing 140 with Labor substitute and linking with denied 140 file.
Immigration Representative told me that there may not be a need to file 485 again.

Is Denied I485 legal?
How old denied 485/765 become active??
Is it possiable to link with file?
Any one come accross this situation/case?

Any ideas.... please let me know.

140/485/765 Filed :12/02(Concurrent)
140/485/765 Denied :05/03(because 140 requirements)
------ would you be kind enough the reason of I-140 denial? It will help others.
Why your lawyer is Not filling Motion to reopen? Did he commit some mistake on LC? Or I-140? Was it based on LC approved on your name? Or some other issue
Immigration Representative told me that there might not be a need to file 485 again.
--- Your employer can file newI-140
Is Denied I485 legal?
----- I-485 is based on I-140 if I-140 is denied I-485 EAD,AP all get denied read
http://www.murthy.com/ukdenial.html
How old denied 485/765 become active??
---- if newI-140 is approved then lawyer will write a letter to BCIS that pending I-485 should be attached to it. He will also sent the I-485 reciep
---Yes

Any issue in time frame?????

thanks ginnu.....

Is there any case in this forum like this ????

---- if newI-140 is approved then lawyer will write a letter to BCIS that pending I-485 should be attached to it. He will also sent the I-485 reciep
---Yes

Is there any time frame? As per INS..it's 30 day's to reopen on denial cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
-----Once you post reply to these below questions you will get the response as every case is different and I don’t know your correct situation why your I-140 is denied.

Would you be kind enough the reason of I-140 denial? It will help others.
Why your lawyer is Not filling Motion to reopen?
Did he commit some mistake on LC? Or I-140?
Was it based on LC approved on your name? Or some other issue
Immigration Representative told me that there might not be a need to file 485 again.

hi Ginnu,

C B lo
Would you be kind enough the reason of I-140 denial? It will help others.
+++Educational........
Why your lawyer is Not filling Motion to reopen?
+++I don't know..May be there is no enought time
Did he commit some mistake on LC? Or I-140?
+++ Corporate didn't give me any details
Was it based on LC approved on your name?
+++ it's on my name...

Now corporate proposed to file new 140 with other labor...

then my question is on my 485??????

“ then my question is on my 485??????”
---- As I don’t know the actual reason for I-140 denial I am unable to answer your question. I suspect LC and I-140 requirement were not met and you were not eligible for I-140 approval or some hidden story linked to LC or I-140. It can be mistake of lawyer on LC or on I-140 or some other issues. Believe your lawyer or go to good lawyer with the LC copy and I-140 petition that was filed for you (lawyer has the copy) and figure out the reason from other good lawyer. the new lawyer would also like to read the denial letter from BCIS.

A0001

If it was your own LC then you need to understand why it was denied last time. What was the educational thing that created the problem? If you do not give full details no one can answer. We know that you are in tension. But Please write some sentences so that we can understand the real situation.