Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

nanaji

You should be fine. One thing you might make sure with your lawer is leving the country while AP application is pending.

Some people say it is not lawful to leave the country while AP aplication is pending. I am not sure whats the authentification of this statement. Neverthless, you should not be worried about this as the way you dont really care about AP at this point as the way you will keep maintaining your non immigrant status until you come back after your visit to INDIA. Therefore, no worry. Even though that has authetification or Law, I firmly beleive that you dont fall under that category as the way you still have non immigrant visa, and you are maintaining non immigrant status. You have just applied for AP for future necessity.

Hope this helps.

Re: UTGC2002

UTGC2002,

I called FBI last week, they sent the results to INS on the same day. Called INS today, the officer said the FP result is not in their system yet. UTGC2002, please update when you get any news.

Originally posted by UTGC2002
My FP was done on 10/18/02 and the status message is still the old one. I called FBI and was told the result was sent to INS the day after. I do not know why the status has not been updated. Probably I should call INS to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sahin

Thank you very much Sahin!

My attorney is out of station I will follow your advise
Thanks once again!

Nanaji

cgf2002

I called INS this morning and was told that my FP is not in the system yet. I was told there is nothing to worry about, though I started worrying about it. However, I heard someone's case was approved even the status about FP was never updated.

UTGC2002

We should not be worried about whether finger printing is updated or not, I got my fp done on Oct 30 and still seeing the same old message.

But the good thing is that after FP they gave us a paper with their signature and we can use that if some thing went wrong like RFE.

Thanks

Re: Re: 485 status changed after FP

Hi,

My FP was done on 11/02/02 and there is no change in status message on INS site. For some people, I understan, the status message has changed after FP stating that they have received the FP results from FBI.

I do not know what actually is the procedure.

Regards,

Originally posted by cgf2002
I did my FP on 11/15, but my I485 status checked online and AVM is still the same as before:

Your I485 APPLICATION TO ADJUST TO PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS was received on October 08, 2002. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 420 and 450 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Does any one know usually how long it takes for INS to update the status after FP was taken? Thanks.

URGENT!!!Pls reply.What if I-185 is approved while outside US

Hi,
I have a question for all the people with immigration knowledge. My I-185 is currently pending and I have valid H1 visa and will maintain it ( will not use EAD ). I did not apply for advance parole either. What happens if I go outside USA and my 485 is approved? As I mentioned I do not want to get advance parole but have valid H1. I am not sure about the situation when 485 is approved and you are say in India with valid H1.

Please advice.

Thanks,
ssmk

Last edited by a moderator:
FP message UPDATE

Folks,
Dont worry about that AVM update about FP. It is very usual. I know people got approved their I-485, but still message is not saying anyhting. Therefore...

File Numbers

Hallo Friends,

I finally received my file numbers for my I485, EAD, & AP. (after 59 days). I filed my I140 & I1485 concurrently on Oct 1st and just received the file numbers for my I485 app where as received the file number for I140 on 3rd Oct.

I posted this question a few days ago thanks for every one to help me out.

Hope to see my I140 apporval soon. My I140 still says the same message".....Your I140 was received on........."

Thanks for your support guys.

Regards

Re: Hi wxm8, JBM, Sahin and gurus

Nanaji999,

I came back from India yesterday on h1 b and my wife is comming back next week on h4. (although our I-485 is pending and AP was approved before I left, but unfortunately I didn't get AP my hand before I left, so we went for visa stamping)

In addtion to that we got our h1/h4 stamp from the mumbai consulate in 3 working days through courier.

So don't worry.

JB

Originally posted by Nanaji999
I am planning to go to India on 7th of this month.
I have not applied for AP since I have a valid H1 visa(till october 2003).

I am going to India along with my wife she has valid H4 till october

Is it ok if i dont have AP can wegoto India and reenter on H1 and H4?

please give me some feed back!

Nanaji

Hi all

Jbm:
Welcome back sir!
How was ur trip?

I found one link related to " Travel guidance for who are on
H1 or L1 non immigrant visa status and filed for I - 485 "

http://imminfo.com/Resources/INS/INSMemos/TravelByHLAOS.html

wxm8 Sir :
can you go through this and add it to our info database?
I felt this Ins Memo covered all the questions related to travel after filing I 485 with or without AP.

Nanaji

HI all,

Just called the IIO. regarding my wife's EAD.They say that the card is already approved and it mailed yesterday. But still the status on the web says...we recieeved the application...
Did this happen...I mean web not being being updated for this long.......

parshu

yes parshu, it is possible. It looks like online system is not updated for more than 4 days now.

I checked the AVM and i can locate my AP and EAD where as in online system says that no such receipt numbers or file numbers.

hope this helps. Any thing is possible in INS world.

Good luck.

Regards

Had an RFE for I-140 in October, it made everything else stop. the I-140 was approved on Nov 20, and our AP was approved Nov 27, and our EAD's were approved Dec 3.

FP was done in early october... so now we wait and wait....

Parshu

What is the number to call IIO. I never called them before. Can you please update me the details as soon as possible.

KM-MP

I called the Customer Service Number which is on the EAD Reciept...402-323-7830...
If u are calling for the first time then it mit be very frustrating..Cos u get the number busy always...
U mit want to try with a good fone where u can redial quickly.....
Like for example I redialed the number at the rate of
40 times per minute or may be more...I got thru in about 15 minutes...U know what I mean.....

Thanks for your reply Parshu

I was able to talk to an immigration officer. My wifes I-765 application is still in pending status. I may have to wait for few more days..................

Good luck on your wifes EAD approval.