Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Congrats sahin

Sahin congrats ,
on ur i 140 approval, i sent my rfe on nov8th and i am still waiting but it is a good thing that you got relief .

I-693 File Number(A Number)

Hello everyone,
I am on a H1b and in the process of initiating my concurrent I-140/485 processing. Could anyone tell me what we need to fill in for item 3. File Number (A Number) in the I-693?

TIA,

Pankaj

pan123_123

A # is Alien number. You will have it when you will get receipt notice for I140/I485. Before that you can mention I94 number on that place. To make the things clear, you can mention "Never have A#, I94#: XXX XXX XXXXX"

Hope this helps

sirisha76 and Have been waiting

Thank you.

Srisha,
Did they receive RFE your response. I have mailed my response on 7/11. Just one day before you did. They said, they received it on 13th. Dont worry you will get the approval very soon.

Nebraska follows the train.

Question about I131/I765

Hello,
Can you folks tell me: How long it took you to get I-131 and I-765 get approved after your I-140 approval.

Today I was following Murthy chat. She told me that to get I131/I765 approved they will have to have security clearance (from another agency ) for that applicant.

No more I131/I765 on walk in basis from local INS. This is very frustrating as the way that security clearance takes for ever sometimes. Lets see how it goes.

sahin congrats...for 140...

I am still waiting for spouse EAD...140 approved 11/7...so lets see how long does it go.....(I did not apply for EAD)

parshu

Re: I-140 get approved

Hi Sahin,

Congrats buddy ! You really deserve it after all the trauma that you went through. I am really happy for you. Good luck for the rest of your GC process. God bless you !

Regards

Originally posted by Sahin
Hello Folks,
Thans GOD that my I-140 get approved. Little recap:

140/485: RD 9/16, ND 10/4
RFE issued 10/31, RFE response received 11/13 by INS.
I-140 approved: 11/25. (AVM updated, online not)

Did not get the approval notice in hand, hoping within 4 days.

Good Luck.

Thanks

Thanks everybody who congrartulated me and will in advance.

I really appreciate your support.

Re: Question about I131/I765

Every body are saying that I-765 is getting approved in 3 to 4 weeks from I-140 approval.

I got my I-140 approved on Nov 12th. I may get it some time during the month of Dec (after 12th though).

My wife has got a job and the company is willing to wait until the end of this month, I don't no what is going to happen. Initially I thought that I can make the company wait for 12 more days after Dec 1st so that I get the EAD from local INS (I-485 ND 9/13), but now there is nothing I can do because "No more walk in EADs".

Any suggestions guys ...........

Originally posted by Sahin
Hello,
Can you folks tell me: How long it took you to get I-131 and I-765 get approved after your I-140 approval.

Today I was following Murthy chat. She told me that to get I131/I765 approved they will have to have security clearance (from another agency ) for that applicant.

No more I131/I765 on walk in basis from local INS. This is very frustrating as the way that security clearance takes for ever sometimes. Lets see how it goes.

KM-MP

Sorry about that. I saw lot of people got EAD one week after the I-140 approval. Therefore, it is really hard to predict when your turn. At this moment only one thing you could do is " Write a a letter to INS requesting intensively and clarify why you need EAD soon" Attach the job offer if you can.

If your lawer not willing to do this, Do yourself. At this moment thats all you can do besides requesting employer to wait longer.

KM-MP....

EXACT SAME BOAT......140 approved 11/07..no EAD...still hanging there...
Able to persuade the employer at least till now....

anyways good luck

Including spouse's name after applying I-485

Hi,
My I-140 was recently approved! I am planning on getting married (bride living outside US) sometime soon, probably in the next 4-5 months!
Now, I was wondering is it okay to start my I-485 before getting married and then include her name after the marriage (and before I-485 is approved)...
My HR person says, that I have to have the Marriage Certificate when I apply for I-485 inorder to apply for GC for both of us.
I thought, it is okay to apply for I-485 for myself first, get married, include her in the I-485 later before it is approved...

If this is doable, can you please tell me what is the name of the process or can you send me a link where it explains this process... that way, I can try to convince my HR person... Otherwise, I need to wait till I get married to start my I-485 processing...

Thanks a lot!

Hi doggycat,

You can get married after applying I 485. But bit risky.
The law is to get married before you get the I 485 approval. You can apply now and if you know for sure that the 485 approval would be after 5 - 6 months then you can go ahead.

I know 3 friends of mine who has done the same.
My friend got married in Jan and she had her FP before marriage and included her husband's name after FP, EAD and AP.

Now the guy has got his EAD and waiting for approval.
For some case, when you do it this way, your wife might be called for an interview in the local INS office. That is not for sure.
But you can get married...

All the best. Anyways, it is always better to consult your attorney before making any major decision.

Doggycat

I wont wait till I get married. As wife can be included any time before I485 approved which is most likely 1 year after your application, it is not wise to wait, I guess.

It does not have any special name of this procedure. Once you get married, your wife will apply as your spouse including your marriage certificate, affidabit of support, copy of I140 approval, copy of your I485 receipt.

If you are sure your marriage going to take place within 6 months after your application of I-485, you should apply without any hesitation, considering you are the lucky one who get approved within 7 months.

Even though people are saying that concurrent will come down to 6 months. I dont beleive that as the way they are processing the case now. They will have security clearance each stage. That will certainly make delay. They included this clearance in I131,I1485,I1765 etc. This will be taken care by external agency.

I wish I could give you any INS/STATE URL which is the authentification that you could include your wife any time before I485 approval. However, there are several Law Firms web side who describe that. Check this out.

www.immihelp.com
Go thru employment based green card link.

Hope this helps.

Wife's EAD

Thanks for your suggestions Parshu & Sahin.

My wife was able to talk to her future manager and he said it is OK for me to wait until December end. Thats a good news for me.

But the bad news is...... Manager suggests to join the company as soon as possible, because he says that company rules might change and they are planning to freeze any new hires from January. He also said if the management makes decision then he cannot do anything.

I am planning to wait until December 1st week and then write a letter to INS about the request. What do you guys think?

Thanks in Advance........

DoggyCat

Just consider this as a suggestion. You will be the best person to judge.

It is possible to add wifes name after filing for your I-485. As far as I know it is taking another 6 to 8 months (apart from the normal processing time) if you do so. Three of my friends did the same they filed their I-485 before their marriage (some time during July 2001), got married after that (some time during December 2001) added thier wifes name.... wife and husband both have EAD and AP.

Initally they got a RFE about the marriage certificate and empoyement status (this is common). Once INS got the reply the status says ......... "Your application has been forwarded to local INS for further processing". When my friend called INS they said that they have forwarded his application to local INS and he will receive a notification from local INS (just like the one we get from INS when we file I-485) with in next 2 months and it will take another 4 to 5 months to process that kind of application. There is a thread in this same forum regarding all these..............

Check out this link below and then make a decision.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64856

People at that thread are the best people to answer your question, because they are facing it right now.

All the best.

Last edited by a moderator: