Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Hi M2002. Even my I-140 is still saying the same old message. Has NSC gone to sleep again.

But I guess you are before us on the line so first yours would be approved and our turn would come after yours.

I am thinking they may have slowed down due to Holiday Season.

Lastly do you guys think the new Homeland Security Bill is going to increase the processing of our cases or will it slow them down even further.

Thanks !!

Hi puneet_gcard,

I also think the same think. Things might be slow becasue of the holiday season....... I will updated every one when my status gets updated (my I140)

I am not sure whether the Home land Security bill might delay the processing... Hope not. We will wish for the best at all time.

Regards

Hi please update the sheet with my information.

Finally INS accepted my applications for 140/485/ap/ead after rejecting it twice due to my labour certification letter (which was lost by my attorney,as per him he never received the certified letter from DOL) ,anyways after 3 months of struggle with my lawyer ,finally I received the receipts for all my applications.

But all of you guys really helped me with your valuable suggestions and response especially MMGGDD.
Here is the info:

I-140/485/EAD/AP Sent to INS on 23rd oct 2002

Received notice for I-140/485/EAD/AP 24th Oct,2002
Notice Date 13th Nov 2002

Lin numbers # 140 lin-03-032-52xxx
485 lin-03-032-52xxx
ead lin-03-032-52xxx
ap lin-03-032-52xxx

Is the processing time of 140/ead/ap from the received date or from notice date??
like for EAD ,the processing time is 90 days to 120 ,is the time calculated from received date or from notice date.

Thanks for all your support

EAD approved today

:)
I checked the INS website, and lo and behold our EADs were approved.
RD 9/13, AD is 11/22. Boy! I love it. It took more than 3 weeks after my 140 approval.

Re Dolly75

Dolly,

Congrats and good luck for all your applications,The Processing time starts from the ND , but there are no standard time frame for the INS since all cases are assigned to different IIO and they may work differently and have different work loads. but still the INS is approving the 140 faster.

Have fun and take care
mgd

I 140

India girl
congratulations on your i 140 approval
i recieved rfe on oct 16th and replied to it
on nov8th according to the analysis you guys are coming up with can aanyone say
as to when i can expect a descion

Need Help

Hallo Friends,

I need some help and some information. I did concurrent filing of my I140 & I485 on Ocotber 1st and i received only I140 file number(Receipt Number) i did not get the receipt numbers for my I485, EAD, & AP.

I check with my lawyer they asked to wait for 60 days after 60 days if we do not receive the file number then the lawyer said they will refiel. What is refiling will it help, do i have to do my medical again, and give INS checks for I485 etc once again. This is going to be costly affair because i have to pay for my wifes application also.

My I140 application is still pending at NSC and it not approved as of now.

Please let me know if you have any inputs.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards

m2002

m2002,
It all depends on when you filed, i filed on sep10th and got my Nd oct 26th i came to know on nov 1st so that is nearly 50 days
so might be its just a littlebit delayed like in my case dont worry if its been like a month give it more time u could start though by tracking if the mail actually reached ins

m2002...

If u gave checks to INS...and If they are cleared that means ur application is accepted....u can get the Lin numbers froms the bank...encashed checks by INS...
And as Sudhir said...it cud be just a delay...But I wud do prelim checks...like if the Packet u sent actually reached INS, checks cleared..etc...
good luck

HI M2002. I am not sure why they didnt send you all receipt notices. I got all of them and I field after you on Oct 15th. I think you should call them up directly and find out.

Tell you lawyer to call NSC or else if he doesnt do that then go ahead and call yourself.

I think if something was wrong with your I485 then INS would have returned it . ALso check if the check has been cashed becuase if it has been cashed then you should be just fine.

Let us know how it goes.

THanks !!

Hallo Friends,

Thanks for all the input and immediate reply.

I will wait for 2 more week and nothing has worked out then i will start follos of now only my I140 checks have been cleared and i also got the receipt number for I140.

My lawyer sent me proof of delivery of my concurrent application to INS by Airborn Express .

Can any one find out to which address are we suppose to send the Concureent application.

My understanding is that each application filed to INS has different address and for concurrent filing there might be a different address as weel. To which address were your apllications sent. Please let me know.

I really appricate every one hep, i will keep ou all posted about the progress.

Thanks.

Hi all,
Thought it would help people to understand the benefits of concurrent filing. This is taken from INS web site.

Besides Eliminating the Delay for Filing
Form I–485, How Else Will These
Regulatory Amendments Benefit
Aliens?
These amendments will allow the
Service to issue Employment
Authorization Documentation (EAD)
and advance parole authorization
(which allows the alien to travel outside
of the United States temporarily while
his or her Form I–485 is pending with
the Service) to certain alien workers
within substantially less time than at
present. In being able to apply for
employment authorization and advance
parole, the alien may avoid the adverse
consequences of accrual of unlawful
presence. To achieve the desired
efficiency improvement in the Service’s
processing, only aliens who have filed
a Form I–140 for which a visa number
is immediately available and Form I–
485 will qualify for these benefits.
toapply for these benefits.
"Therefore, as a result of this interim
rule, an eligible beneficiary of a Form I–
140 visa petition for whom a visa is
immediately available will no longer
need to wait for approval of the
underlying Form I–140 before eligible.

Regards,

Got EAD from local INS

Hi Guys,

Last week I got mY EAD from local INS office, I have filed my I 140 , I 485 concruntly (RD OCT 31 2002). my laywer fixed an appointment with local INS (in Missourie) with my I 485 recipt.
I think I was lucky becuse the very next day INS issues the rule that it has stopped issueing EAD from local iNS.The very Irony in this is INS states that it has to make an security check before it issues the EAD. on the other day when I went to the local office they did not even cheked my ID. that is any one whould have got an EAD claiming to be me.now they say they need 60 days for security check. well who can question them ?. They are THE INS.
I only wish every one to be lucky.

hI ALL ead SEEKERS

Gettting EAD from local INS centers is cool one. and it is also depends on the person's need.

But I have noticed and told by some of the 485 approvers that EAD taken from Local INS getting more RFE at latter time.

I am not sure why,? All my friends who went to local INS to get EAD has got RFE regsarding EAD's. This is a weired kind of thing.

You please check with your pals, who got 485 aprovals and who have taken EAD from local INS.

This is not to fear you all. or not putting any sarcastic statememnts.

This is my observation and just want to share with you all.

Thanks ThingdengPo...

I was just planning to go the Local INS for wife's EAD.I will do a better research now and think about it. ANyways...Thanks for the info..please keep updated incase u find anything new on the contrary.....

parshu

M2002,

One of my friend ,had the similar type of issue,but in her case,INS sent back the I-145 applications ,as INS indicated, they have never received her I-140 applications,very strange as both the applications(I-140/485) were sent together in the same envelope,how come they receive only the 485 applications.
Anyways ,anything can happen with INS.

Her lawyer has to file the entire application again,i-140/485 .All her original I-140 documents are lost (including original labor certification letter) what a mess INS has created for her.

Good luck to all of you!

ANyways thought would be helpful .

I-140 get approved

Hello Folks,
Thans GOD that my I-140 get approved. Little recap:

140/485: RD 9/16, ND 10/4
RFE issued 10/31, RFE response received 11/13 by INS.
I-140 approved: 11/25. (AVM updated, online not)

Did not get the approval notice in hand, hoping within 4 days.

Good Luck.

RE: Shahin

Congratulation...

Your one got approved with in two weeks after they have received the response! Good!

It is a great relief, is not it?

Take care. Talk to you later.