Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Finally Filed AOS

Ok Guys. I have filed I-485/I-140 yesterday on Oct 15th. Please update the tracker with my Info.

I will keep you guys posted about Receipt Notice, etc.

Good Luck to All of Us !!!!!!

re: ghost-rider

Hi ghost-rider,

thank you to bring up the news.
But there is two big problems.
1. news is very old (at least one month old)
2. news is wrong ("I-140 will not be adjudicated until the I-485 is adjudicated"), becuase some of concurrent filer got their I-140 approve recently as you know form thread.

Please verify before post any news.
We don't want to spread rumors if possible.
(just fyi, I confirm with my lawyer and it's definately not correct, and if you want to visit portablity tread Jaxen had some good analysis about that website.

Thanks,

JB

Originally posted by ghost-rider
ruling regarding AC21 for concurrent filing.

http://www.usvisanews.com/memo1851.html

We received some new and somewhat surprising information from Madeline Garcia following her attendance at an American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) South Florida luncheon on Wednesday (September 17th). Among the wealth of information she absorbed was the information relating to portability in the context of concurrent I-140/I-485 filings.

As you may be aware, AC21 includes a provision (§106(c)) which allows for a change in employment in cases of lengthy adjustment adjudications. What this allows for is the substitution of a new sponsor and offer of employment (in the same or similar profession) into a pending adjustment application if the I-485 has been filed and remained unadjudicated for 180 days or more.

Many of you have been writing to us asking us a couple of important questions such as:

Will the I-140 still be processed first?

- AND -

How will concurrent filing work in the context of I-485 portability?
According to the AILA source and the information shared at Wednesday's meeting, the INS has indicated that the I-140 will not be adjudicated until the I-485 is adjudicated. Furthermore, the INS has taken the position that this portability can only be enjoyed by an applicant for adjustment of status whose I-140 petition has been approved. Since applicants for adjustment who apply pursuant to their new ability to file concurrent I-140 and I-485 filings will not have an approved I-140 during the pendency of the adjustment, these applicants will NOT be eligible for the benefits of Section 106(c).

This information may change in the future since regulations have not been drafted. However, INS' comments highlight significant implications for many prospective concurrent applicants and reinforce that the new concurrent filing option, though very appealing, may not be for everyone.

Re: Finally Filed AOS

Welcome to the forum Puneet_gcard.

Good Luck.

JB

Originally posted by puneet_gcard
Ok Guys. I have filed I-485/I-140 yesterday on Oct 15th. Please update the tracker with my Info.

I will keep you guys posted about Receipt Notice, etc.

Good Luck to All of Us !!!!!!

Re: Re: Lao-Yi

I think you don't need receipt of I-140 to apply EAD.

May be Sahin did because he filed concurrently I-140 & I-485.
But I Don't think it's necassary to file I-140 receipt for EAD or AP.
(may be on flip side, it won't hurt and before reviewing your EAd they notice your I-140 application from your EAd application and may be it will faster.)

I hope this helps.

JB

Originally posted by Lao-Yi
Hi, Sahin,

Why do you need to send the oringinal I-140 receipt? Will a copy work or EAD does not need the receipt of I-140? I made the same mistake when I filed my I-485 concurrently. After I sent my I-485 on 09/23, I got to know I have to apply for EAD at NSC. I am still waiting for the receipt of I-485. My understanding is that EAD only requires the receipt of I-485. Experts please clarify this.

Thanks!

Receipt Notice

There is a point to add the original I-140 receipt notice because it will help them to locate my I-140 petition which need to be reviewed to grant AP/EAD. You said that I just need I-485 receipt notice for EAD/AP, but this is not true for concurrent filing, because I-140 has not got approved yet.

Now why I add original receipt, this is my lawer openion. He thinks that they might ask for original again ad RFE. Coz the photocopy does not carry any value some time. You never know what INS gonna allow and what not. To be on the safe side, my lawer added original one.

Also, I dont need that original I-140 receipt notice either, once it gt approved.

Question for wxm8 or other I-140 approval receipant of concurrent

Hello,
For those who got I-140 approved after concurrent filing, what did your I-140 Receipt notice said about the processing time length. My receipt notice says that it is taking between 150-180 days to process.

Was it same for you guys who have filled concurrently earlier than me and got the approval. I just want to make sure that even though the said they will take 150-180 days, I have a chance to get it within 2 months like you guys.

If your receipt notice does not say 150-180, I beleive they have changed later to that range.

My ND is on 3rd October.

Please post the answer here.

Re: Question for wxm8 or other I-140 approval receipant of concurrent

Hi,

I just got my I140 receipt notice it says the same thing. (1`50 to 180) days.

My ND is Oct4th.

Regards

Originally posted by Sahin
Hello,
For those who got I-140 approved after concurrent filing, what did your I-140 Receipt notice said about the processing time length. My receipt notice says that it is taking between 150-180 days to process.

Was it same for you guys who have filled concurrently earlier than me and got the approval. I just want to make sure that even though the said they will take 150-180 days, I have a chance to get it within 2 months like you guys.

If your receipt notice does not say 150-180, I beleive they have changed later to that range.

My ND is on 3rd October.

Please post the answer here.

m2002

Thanks m2002

I am actually expecting answer from those who got the approval of I-140 or ND before 10/3

Increasing

So looks like, they increased the estimated time range. I can see the people who applied on July has 90-120.

How about people applied in August, also in september.

Re: Increasing

My receipt RD 8/14/02, ND 8/14/02, says 90-120 days. But now online says 150-180 days.

Originally posted by Sahin
So looks like, they increased the estimated time range. I can see the people who applied on July has 90-120.

How about people applied in August, also in september.

AP Approved

Status of my AP and my family's are changed to the following. I guess they have been approved.

Receipt Number: lin022695xxxx

Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR INS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status:

On October 17, 2002, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

So EAD&AP have all been approved for our family. Now we have to wait patiently for the I-485. Hopefully it won't be too long.

Hi, you all,

For concurrent filing, how many weeks it may take to get receipts.
My lawyer told me up to 10 weeks, is it true?

by the way, I filed on Oct.1st, 2002

thanks for your reply.

yager

Hi yager,

I also filed on Oct1st still waiting for the receipt numbers. Guess it takes about 4 weeks. But there are people who have got in 10 days time.

post your details after you get the file numbers. Also check with the bank to see if yourchecks are cleared.

Thanks

Originally posted by yager
Hi, you all,

For concurrent filing, how many weeks it may take to get receipts.
My lawyer told me up to 10 weeks, is it true?

by the way, I filed on Oct.1st, 2002

thanks for your reply.

yager

Hi All,

I have sent my applications by UPS on the 24th Sept. 2002 for concurrent filing. I have not got my receipts as yet. My checks are also not cleared till yesterday.

This is just for information of the members whose receipts are delayed.

Regards

I sent by UPS on the 23rd Sept. 2002 for concurrent filing. Still no receipt. Has anyone who sent application to NSC on the 23rd or 24th Sept got a receipt?

Lao-Yi

Originally posted by sachdev
Hi All,

I have sent my applications by UPS on the 24th Sept. 2002 for concurrent filing. I have not got my receipts as yet. My checks are also not cleared till yesterday.

This is just for information of the members whose receipts are delayed.

Regards

Just FYI .

I sent my 140/485/ead/ap application on 25th Sept under concurrent filing.Not yet received the receipts for any of the application ,checks have also not been cleared.

Concurrent filing reciept delayed

Hi:

I read somewhere that the INS is preforming annual auditing for its existing cases right now. Maybe this is the reason that everything is delayed. Just a thought.

Haibo
:(

Hi,

Re : haibo

As far as I know the annual audit started on the 23rd or 24th of Sept. and came to an end on the Oct. 08th. This is what I read on various immigration web sites. There must be some valid reason for the delay on the part of INS - NSC.

Let us be patiant and give them a couple of more weeks.

Regards