Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Me and My wife filed both I140/I485 at the same time on August 15th. Last week my attorny received my "Receipt Notice" but still waiting for my wife's !! Dose any one have the same situation? I am also still waiting for my FP notice.

Thanks!

Re: EAD & I-131

May be I am wrong, but as I understood from my lawyer, if you don't get your EAD in 90 days from INS, you can walk into Local INS office to get intrim (or temporary) EAD.

I was in impression, that local INS office used only for Family based or other (like refugy) I-485 and EAD/ AP filing. and may be in case if you case transfer for interview to local INS.

But Let us know if we can get EAD like the way you suggested.

Thanks,

JB

Originally posted by haibo
Hi: I am about to file I-140/I-485 concurrently in a week or two since I am waiting for my hard copy. My question is that am I able to file EAD and I-131 to local INS office after getting I-485 reciept. I heard it only take a couple of hour in getting the EAD. Is that right?

Thanks
:cool:

Hi wxm8,

I didn't get me Receipt Notice in hand yet, my laywer is waiting for my wife's to come and then she will send both together. Once I will get this, I will post my details.

Did any one get FP notice for concurrent filing yet ?

Thanks!

Re : Havebeenwating

Thanks, by the way I have not get any FP notice
I just wonder what is the pattern here, why some people
get FP realy early and some people don't. If we can
find out the pattern , I will put it into FAQ

Anybody have more suggestion to FAQ regarding this
concurrent filing ?

Any update are welcome

Hi ssmk

One of my friend got his EAD & FP notice within one month from filing I140 & I 485 filing. Another friend got her FP notice within three weeks from filing but she didnt get her EAD.

Infact she applied for her I 140 some time in April and she was waiting for approval then after this new rule ( concurrent filing) she filed for her I 485 one month back. She received her FP notice one week back but still her i 140 is not cleared!

Hi wxm8 & jbm :

did you get your EAD and FP notices?

Nanaji

May be for those of us who filed both I140/I485 together, INS will wait until I140 get approved before sending FP Notice!!! Just my thought!! Any other opinions?

My lawyer sent the I140,485,EAD,AP documents to INS on Aug 30,still waiting for the receipt#.
Please post,if someone else also filed around the same time/date ,and have received the receipts numbers.
Please post the details

Thanks,

Filing Date

Hi, I'm new in Chicago. The following information are for your reference.

I-140 EB2:
RD 7/26, ND 7/29

I-485 include I765, I131 with my wife:
Filing date 8/6
RD 8/12, ND 8/15
FP recieved 8/29, FP date 9/26

Please add my details to the tracker

I-140
category EB2
RD-05/07/02
AD-09/10/02

filled I-485,EAD and I-131 with my wife on 09/09 under the concurent filling,will let you know when i receive the receipts

Here is my data(very close to kel_zhang) :

140 EB2

RD 07/25 ND 07/25

RD 08/12 ND 08/13

FP 09/10 (done!!!)

Wish all the best!

140 Need Long Time?

My ND of I140 is 7/29. First time when I checked status through phone, it told me the whole process will take around 90 to 120 days. Yesterday, when I checked the status again, it said the whole process will take 150 to 180 days. I guess the INS will approve I140 & I485 together for this long period. Anyone has different idea?

I-140 date question from Kel_zhang

Hey Kel_Zhang, dont worry about the processing time on the AVM , I know for a fact that NSC is processing May application right now and things have speed up for the I-140 application,I also got my approval for I-140 which was filed on 05/07 (RD) on 09/10, took me 122 days so i beleive it should take u around the same time.I dont think I-485 and I-140 will be approved together I-140 should be approved first (thats wht my lawyer had told me before i filed for the concurent filling )and also could u let me know when did u recceived ur receipts for the I-485 and does it come to home address or lawyer office

Hey mmggdd ,

My case was filed on Aug30(one week before your case was filed),checked with my lawyer today,and he has still not received the receipts .
I will keep the forum posted about my details.

thanks

Thanks dolly75

Thanks dolly75 for the info,i need to go out of the country and my lawyer told me that i need I-485 receipt for that,also he told me the usual time to get receipt is 2-3 weeks.Hope to see my receipt soon.good luck dolly75

I485 Receved Date

mmggdd,

Thanks for your quick response. The ND of my I485 is 8/15. It was sent to my lawyer just 1 week after ND.

Please help Jaxen and other gurus <concurrent 140 and 485, H1 MARRIAGE, AP>

gurus,

I am another one like you. My case is filled just today at NSC. I will keep you guys posted how this new thing goes? However, I am struggling to solve one of my legal problem. Please response if you can.

I am now on H1B and never had H1b VISA stamp as the way I am converted from F1 to H1. My I-140 and I-485 has been filed concurrently at Nebraska Service Center today. I did not get married yet, but have been trying for six months. For my country (Bangaldesh) nationals Consulate is taking 6-8 weeks to issue visa, even more. I can not take that much vacation. Now I do not know what to do? My future wife is in back home now.
I know I have cople of limited options:

1) If she can come somehow (F1, B1) to US/Canada/Mexico then we can get married, then she could apply for H4 herself from back home.

2) I can travel with my advanced payrol and apply for H1/H4 after getting married, if they delay beyond my vacation which is the potential, i would come using advanced payrol. I will do Follow-to-join for my spouse once I get my GC. which is not good idea but I dont have choice.

Now my question is:

1) Is other any other way, you could think of?? I can not really wait after december which is the deadline to get married set by her.
2) My lawer give me a fuzzy feelings that once you take the advanced payrol, you are not supposed to apply for H1. The people who already have H1 visa valid, they can travel with that even though they take advanced payrol?? Is this correct. Isn't this ok to apply for H1B1 after taking Advanced payrol. I mean the situation like this:

I will take the AP as a back up and travel back home on december and will apply for H1B1 visa. Can they deny me because I have advanced payrol ? My lawer says they will figure out that you have advanced payrol yet you are here for H1B visa what they wont issue.

You all know why I am struggling to bring her as H4 I can add her for AOS right after she comes here, however, not finding a way. Please help, if you can. Any type of suggestions will be appreciated.