Concurrent filing 140/485 Tracker-CSC

140 approved.. after RFE

Hi all

One more hurdle cleared.. :) My 140 is approved today after replying to RFE. No email notification yet, no online status change. My HR manager called and told me.

RFE was regarding almost everything.. may be a generic RFE. company financials, my w2, education, previous employment. Replied on 1st Oct.

EB3Aug2001 said:
Hi all

One more hurdle cleared.. :) My 140 is approved today after replying to RFE. No email notification yet, no online status change. My HR manager called and told me.

RFE was regarding almost everything.. may be a generic RFE. company financials, my w2, education, previous employment. Replied on 1st Oct.

First, my congratulations to you.

Second, if you can answer a question about the RFE, I would appreciate it.

1. What information did they want regarding education and previous employment?? I am assuming that you already mentioned your education and previous work at other companies, and the dates you were employed. So, I was wondering what else did they ask for ??

2. Can you reveal what the reply to the RFE was for the education and employment fields, if it is pertinent and if you can.

Thanks.

- lsk_gc

lsk_gc

From the RFE I could just guess that INS simply wants to delay the things. They had asked noting particualr in specific.
My Employer/attorney submitted all the same papers which I had submitted earlier during 140/485 application.

I140

>have we seen any 140 approvals in last 4 months be it whatever concurrent or nonconcurrent.

I had filed my I140 (EB2) last Sept. It is nonconcurrent. It isn't done yet. Current date posted on 10/06 is 12/15/03, and my attorney had called CSC. CSC had responded that they would give us an answer in 30 days (hopefully).
The answer can be they still need time, or they need more informations, or no answer.

RFE for 1140

My online status for 1140 application has changed to the standard RFE message. I will post again when I receive the document.

140/485 RD : 12/15/03
EB2

TakeGC

My guess is based on the std. language of RFE. There was nothing special in that RFE, and we submitted exactly same papers (copies) which we had done earlier during original 140/485 submission.
My HR told me few other guys in our company have received similar RFE.
Now when thye have all those papers why ask again?

Standard RFE?

I am scanning about 45 cases on a regular basis. During last 2 weeks, I only saw about 4-5 RFEs
being issued. In addition, they are not touching the cases where RFE has been responded a while
back :-(
That also tells me that probably INS is issueing 'stadard' RFEs (to show their progress?)

Interesting observation and reasoning.
Sometimes I wonder why our precious time and energy are wasted relentlessly by other people.

Last edited by a moderator:
newbie..

Hi all,
I am newbie, I seek advice of veterans in here.. My employer decided to use an already approved labor(EB2 category). We have decided to file I-140/485 concurrently. Will my case qualify for CSC pilot program where we get GC in just 4 months or less .. inspite of my labor being substituted ?
Sincerely appreciate your thoughts.

-Thanks

My GC got Approved!!

Hi Guys,

I got emails today. My 140 , 485 and my wife's 485 got approved.

LUD changed on 10/19, 10/21
-------------------------
WAC040475*** Dec 10,2003
Concurrent, EB2

-------------------------

I have got an RFE!

I have just found out on-line that an RFE was sent out to me on Oct 14, 2004. I have not received it yet. I will let you guys know later when I get it. I am glad that some thing is finally happening to my case after anxiously waited for 11 months. I hope it is not a tough one. I am keeping my finger crossed.
--------------------------------------
I-140 RD Nov 17, 2003
EB1-EA self-sponsored

EB3Aug2001, dasbabu,
I agree with you guys that they want to show the progress by issuing blind RFEs. Do you know if there is any accountability/time limit on processing the RFE cases?
thanks,
takegc

I-485 Rfe

Hi there,

I got my I-140 approved, but get an RFE on medical exam. INS asked me to provide medical exam from a designated surgeon, actually we strictly follow INS instruction, took the medical test from the one of the doctor on the iNS list, but unfornately I still got RFE on it. Does anybody have the similliar situation? do I need to challenge the notice?

My attorney suggested that it's better to retake the test, but i remember INS modified the medical test validation rule, there is no one-year validation limit any more. Once you take the medical test, it will last until the adjudication.

Anybody has the comments?

Thanks.

dingdingdo

I got an RFE!!!

Alien_Simba said:
I have just found out on-line that an RFE was sent out to me on Oct 14, 2004. I have not received it yet. I will let you guys know later when I get it. I am glad that some thing is finally happening to my case after anxiously waited for 11 months. I hope it is not a tough one. I am keeping my finger crossed.
--------------------------------------
I-140 RD Nov 17, 2003
EB1-EA self-sponsored

Please check out this link for details of my RFE.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=948552#post948552

Company Merger (I140+I485 Filed Concurrently in August 2004 and Pending)

Hello Everyone ,

My company got merged with another company as of today.

My attorney is recommending to do one of the following
1. Refile for I140 with the proper merger documents and requesting CIS
- To pull out the previously filed I140 application
- Attaching the newly filed I140 application with the date of previously
filed I140 application

2. File for Amended I140 with the proper merger documents and requesting CIS to attach the newly filed Amended I140 application with the previously
filed I140 application

3. Don't take any action - There is risk that my application gets denied and I need to refile for I140 once it is denied. This way I can loose 12 months or so.

As per my attorney, the safest option is Option 1. I need your help to help me understand which option will be better for me. I look forward to your valuable suggestions.

I140, I485, I131, I765 RD is August 2004
FP Done September 2004
I131, I765 approved September 2004
NO UPDATES on I140 and I485

CIS UPDATES
As per my attorney, the CA pilot program has been suspended. As per him, any application that has not been adjudicated might take upto 1 year.

Thanks for your help

Time needed for filing I140/I485

Guys,
How much time the law firm needs to prepare documents for filing I140/485 after Labor certification.

3-4 weeks for filing.

beaver said:
Guys,
How much time the law firm needs to prepare documents for filing I140/485 after Labor certification.
You have to take heath check, which cause Doctor 1 week to write you report. In the mean time, you should prepare other document.
Your lawyer would take 1 week to write a draft for you to confirm.
document mail in and out takes 1 weeks.
Your lawyer would take 1 weeks to file I140/I148.
CSC takes 1-2 days to notify the receive.
And your lawyer will get receipt in 1 week.

So, 3-4 weeks for filing is a estimation,
although many people did it for 5-6 weeks.

Travel while 485 pending

I am not sure if this is the most correct forum to ask this question in --

I wish to travel outside the country on my H1, while 140/485 are pending. What would be the procedure to re-enter the country if 485 is approved while outside the country.

Thanks