Concurrent filing 140/485 Tracker-CSC

Connection between 140 and H1B

Hi All,

My company had filed for an extension of my H1B while my 140/485 is pending.

My H1B approval came through on Oct 27 and on the same date my LUD got changed to Oct 27th for 485 application.

I am just wondering if they update the 485 file when an H1B is extended?

Any insight would be great.

thanks

Thanks gcforall2003,

Your point it is well taken that sooner is better, specially with US immigration...

Meaning, I should take the risk of I-140 rejection and hope RFE for medical will not delay my GC, as rejection chances are less and RFE delay time is less than waiting for I-140 approval, right?

Wishes&Luck said:
Hi All,

My company had filed for an extension of my H1B while my 140/485 is pending.

My H1B approval came through on Oct 27 and on the same date my LUD got changed to Oct 27th for 485 application.

I am just wondering if they update the 485 file when an H1B is extended?

Any insight would be great.

thanks

Nope..I don't think they do that. Referring to your 485 LUD of 10/27/04, unfortunately it was a mass update and everybody's 485 LUD was also changed to 10/27/04 without any status changes. Let us know if the status changed for you on your 485??

hanuman_chalisa said:
Thanks gcforall2003,

Your point it is well taken that sooner is better, specially with US immigration...

Meaning, I should take the risk of I-140 rejection and hope RFE for medical will not delay my GC, as rejection chances are less and RFE delay time is less than waiting for I-140 approval, right?

Yes..you are right. The turnaround for a RFE on medicals is really quick. I have seen atleast 4 cases (RFE on medicals for immunizations) who got their approvals within 2 weeks of responding to RFE.

Good Luck

I-485 Approved BUT I-140 Pending!! (EB2 Concurr)

Hi All,

My I-140/485 (EB2-Concurr) were filed in Dec '03. We got the approval notices for the 485s for my wife and myself, but nothing on the I-140.
The online message for my I-140 indicates that it is still pending and that "it is taking between 360 and 360 days...". I know that the JIT dates have moved way past the Dec 03 filing date.

My attorneys have filed an inquiry with the CSC but it has been about 10 days and we still haven't heard back.

My question is, are there any risks with me taking the courtesy approval notice for the I-485 (the attorneys have the original) to get the passport stamping (and card application) done? Or, should I wait for the I-140? My attorneys would prefer to wait for a resolution on the I-140 but I was wondering if it really matters.
Are there any risks? :confused:

I would really appreciate your inputs based on your experiences.

Thanks very much!

M

Fingerprint Notice Not Received Since July 04

Please Help :( No FP notice since filed concurrent 140/485 in July.

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter/californianews.html

http://www.murthy.com/news/UDcsc201.html

I found the above links about inquire FP. The content is

“..3. Regarding pending I-485
a. If 120 days have elapsed from filing of the I-485 and the applicant has not received a fingerprint notice, fax an inquiry to (949) 389-3484.

b. If you do not receive a reply or a fingerprint notice within 10 days, please send a second fax to (949) 389-3198.

c. If you do not receive a reply or a fingerprint notice within 5 days, you have a choice of calling the Center Director's Office at (949) 389-3007 OR your lawyer can use the AILA CSC Liaison inquiry system by faxing CSC Fingerprint Inquiry form and Problem Case Inquiry sheet to the attention of Liaison at (202) 371-9449. YOU CANNOT DO BOTH…”

Question 1. Did anybody ever try to get fingerprint notice using the above procedure?

The above information is different from the message I got from my attorney-
"You cannot inquire about fingerprint notices until the case is considered overdue based on the current JIT report." Question 2: I guess my attorney is saying if I still do not get FP notice by the time CSC start giving people who filed 485 the same time I filed green card, I can file an inquiry for my FP. Is that right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hamilton
I am in the same boat. I also am waiting since July 30 04 for FP notice. The problem is I am outside CA and the notice depends on whether they have a slot in the regional center. So I guess nothing to but wait. Why dont you stay in touch and let me know if you get FP.

To whyworry_2003

I was reading your prior prior posting
" ...have the same problem and so I called the BCIS National Customer Service Center especially because I had moved soon after filing, they told me they had not yet mailed the FP notice."

I got the same answer as yours. I am going to call them again and ask them why it has not been mailed. Do you want to do the same?

My E-mail address

terra_hamilton@hotmail.com

Keep in touch.

140/485 approved

Hi!
I got an email from USCIS in the last week of Dec 04,
stating that both 140 and 485 were approved.

EB2.
140--filed mid March 04.
485--filed mid April 04.
FP --first week of June 04.

Thanks very much to all. The forum had been very informative
and helpful.

Happy new year to ye all!!

Will 140 amendment change my PD?

Filed concurrent 140/485 July 31 2004
140/485 pending.
might get layoff on Jan 14, 2004 because company is acquired by its competitor.

Questions:
1. If I get layoff on Jan 14, my 140/485 would have been pending five months and two weeks. I am two week short of the 180 days requirement for AC 21. Do you think I should or should not inform INS? And the reason is.....
I am thinking of not inform INS and use AC 21 to find another similar job. What are the risks?
2. If I get an offer letter from the acquiring company on 01/14/04 and is offered a similar position, should I file an amendment right away? Will this amendment change my PD from 07/29/04 to amendment filing date? How much is the amendment filing fee?

Like everybody on this forum, we are very tired of tracking of all the immigration issues and timing the progress. Hope this is the last thing we need to worry about before get green card.

Urgent! Can I use approved labor from prior employer?

labor approved last year but will get layoff soon.

Would I be able to use approved labor from prior employer if the new employer sponsor my GC?

By the time I get laid off, if I use EAD, is it going to invavid my oppotunity to apply for green card with my wife or re-apply a green card myself in the future?

Looking for a employer who can sponsor GC immediate after hiring

Lost job at 140/485 concurrent filing pending period.
Would like to try the option of finding an employer who is willing to sponsor GC application upon hiring.
7 years of software consulting and development experience with major ERP software in the US.
Please contact me through this forum's Private Message.

Hamilton

I am truly sad on reading about your situation. I sincerely wish that your gc comes through. Can't you use your leave to cover up for those two weeks ???

Maybe you can start looking for a job and apply for gc again. I think PERM will be implemented soon and hopefully that will help you.

Once again I wish you all the best in your search for job.

Jajabhor
140, 485 RD - 20 July2004 ND- 26 July 2004
131(AP) approved on 19th Aug
765 (EAD) approved on 11 Sept
I140 approved on 4th November LUD- 9/14, 11/3
RFE on 140 - 9/16
RFE replied on 10/19 as per online status
I485 -LUD - 10/27

re:

hamilton.
cant u request the company for 2 weeks more, use leave etc. also if u join a new company use ac21 but also transfer the h1, i mean dont use ead. i am hopeful that u will get gc . urs is a case where company has been acquired and i think u should use ac21 if nothing else works out.
one more thing .... does ins really check that u had completed 6 mths .. i mean if u get a offer from a new comopany .... will ins check the exact date when u left the previous company .. can ac21 guys pls help with this... i am assuming u will say that i joined this company on date2 which will be > 6 mths of ur i1485 filing. .. on that note is ur 140 approved ?
wishing good luck. keep us posted.

cant u request the company for 2 weeks more, use leave etc. --- We plan to give this option a try. But we don't know if the company is willing to help us in this matter.

one more thing .... does ins really check that u had completed 6 mths .. i mean if u get a offer from a new comopany .... will ins check the exact date when u left the previous company .. can ac21 guys pls help with this... i am assuming u will say that i joined this company on date2 which will be > 6 mths of ur i1485 filing. .. on that note is ur 140 approved ? --- 140 pending. We will talk the lawyer as far as how INS would find out we are two weeks short of the 180 days 140 pending requirement if the employer does not report it right away. Even if we can deley the termination date for another two weeks, with the fact that our 140 is still pending, we are not sure if we can use AC 21 since there is no consensus on our situation between AILA and INS.

For friends who informed us 140 has to been approved to be able to use AC21, we confirmed with the lawyer that this is not the final rule so far. You still have a chance to fight.
Thanks for your input.

I140helppls said:
hamilton.
.... does ins really check that u had completed 6 mths .. i mean if u get a offer from a new comopany .... will ins check the exact date when u left the previous company ....

We don't know what INS will inquire. We are doing everybody is recommending, try to get a job by using 7th year extension for now. We don't know if the company will withdraw our 140 case right away or in a couple of weeks. Say if the company withdraw 140 in couple of weeks, we will lose EAD and H1b extension which are all based on our pending 140.

So other than finding a job, getting a H1b and trying to delay the termination date, all we can do is wait for further action from either the company or INS.

All these complications come from the fact that we live outside California but applied in California because of HQ location and the nature of the job. If we live in California, we should have received our FP long time ago and there is a good chance we would have both 140/485 approved. Unfortunately, INS is not consistant and clear about their procedures. We called them several times to inquire our case, they even don't know there is a pilot program in place. The rep keep telling me " I don't understand why you are inquiring. You are alreay not in the polit program. There is nothing you can do to change it." She even won't listen to the situation I am trying to explain. :mad:

I-485 LUD Date and Message Changed

My I-485 LUD date is changed to 01/26/2005 from 07/30/2004. I-140 still pending. I-140 LUD 07/30/2004.

This is the I-485 message:
Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on July 29, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 660 and 660 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

I remember originally the message says 360-360 days.

Anybody get the same change on your I-485?

Approved

Hello All,
I just got am email from USCIS that my case is approved.
EB2
Labor: RD Nov 02, AD March 04
140: RD April 04, AD Feb 05
485: RD June 04, AD Feb 05
AP,EAD: AD July 04
1st FP: July 04

Thnks for the help and wish you'll the best. I hope the emails correct. Eagerly waiting for the approval notice.

Nikita

Great News Congratulations on the approval. I guess non concurrent cases are being picked up now first, whereas concurrent cases are in a limbo...I could be wrong....Congrats once again