Concurrent filing 140/485 Tracker-CSC

Thats sad

can't eat man. I worry about my family specially my kids. They cannot even speak our own language. Can anybody help me maybe by asking friends or your lawyers? I would greatly appreciate it.

acc918 said:
can't eat man. I worry about my family specially my kids. They cannot even speak our own language. Can anybody help me maybe by asking friends or your lawyers? I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi Acc,

Sorry to hear about your situation and seems pretty odd aswell. I would say try contacting Mr Rajiv Khanna, he is the owner of this forum. I saw some postings about some tricky situations and he helped out those.

Wish you all the best

big concern

I have a concern about the filing out the I-485 form. The question, Part 3. Question 1. Have you ever, in or outside the U.S.: b. Been arrested, charged, fined, or,......

About 10 years ago, while I was young, I made two month trip all round the U.S. by myself after studying English school for 9 month in Boston. I was homesick in middle of the trip. I was totally drunk once in New Orleans. After that one of friends I met during the trip called the police and I was sent to the police station until next morning. While I was in the police station, I made many noise and finally sent to the jail for one day because I was uncontrollable. (Because I was totally
drunk.) After $100 something fine, I was released. The police station took my face photos and fingerprint as well before the release.

Should I say, YES on Part 3, 1. a. or I should say "NO"? At that time, I did not have the Social Security Number. It was long time ago and I never had any problem to get the visa or student visa. At That time I was kind young. You know what I mean? I never had any problem about drinking after the incident.

If I say, YES, is there any problem to get the green card?
If I say, NO, is it OK since I never had any problem to get the VISA?

Please advise me.

Online Status

My online status after FP became like "We received it and resumed processing", but for my wife if says "We retreived and pending review". What the heck does this mean. Is my wife FP result in name check process or is it normal to see this kind of messages ?.

the same

I am in the same boat. My fingerprint has been processed while my wife's case is pending review. I called the FBI and the staff there told me clearly that both our cases have been cleared on the same day.

Never Mind

Never Mind, the status got updated in couple of days to Process resumed.

Titan01 said:
My online status after FP became like "We received it and resumed processing", but for my wife if says "We retreived and pending review". What the heck does this mean. Is my wife FP result in name check process or is it normal to see this kind of messages ?.

New to this thread

Hi, I am to the I140/485 process and would sure appreiciate answers to the following. My appl. was filed concurrently on 6/10/04 in the EB2 category.

* How long does it take to get the receipt notice ?
* When should I expect my EAD, AP, FP ?
* I plan to get my visa stamp re-validated thru DOS. Do I need passport
in case I receive the FP notice ?
* How many more years before I get GC ?

-complex_dude

Hi,

complex_dude said:
Hi, I am to the I140/485 process and would sure appreiciate answers to the following. My appl. was filed concurrently on 6/10/04 in the EB2 category.

* How long does it take to get the receipt notice ?
Generally less than two weeks.
* When should I expect my EAD, AP, FP ?
Generally two to three months, if you are lucky enough. Some times less than a month.
* I plan to get my visa stamp re-validated thru DOS. Do I need passport
in case I receive the FP notice ?
Passport is not required for FP.
* How many more years before I get GC ?

No one in this world can answer your question.

-complex_dude

> * How many more years before I get GC ?
If you're lucky, 2 months
If you're average, 2 years
If you're not lucky, forget it

I understand that I am at the mercy of UCSIC and no one can answer my question, I was just wondering what is the general trend :)

-cd

Ananya123 said:
Hi everyone,
My husband is applying for 485. I am filing too as a dependent. As I am on H1 from march and I donot have job yet, I have written that my occupation is house wife. Is it going to give any conflict?
TIA

Ananya,

It depends on what visa you are in. If you came on a H-4 and then got a H1 and didnot use it, then I guess you are still on H-4. But on the other hand, if you are on a H1 visa and now out of job, then I guess 'house wife' is incorrect.

Experts, what do you guys think??

From what I understand if you have not used your H1, you are still on H4. I am assuming that you have your H4 visa stamped on your passport and is still valid. Its like say, wife of an individual applies for EAD alongwith her 485 application (as a derivative applicant) and gets the EAD, but doesn't use it. So she still remains on H4.

What does your lawyer say?? Did you present this situation to your attorney??

H-1 and whatever your official title was when they sponsored you. If you say housewife, then you should be on an H-4, which you are not.