Compicated case needs an expert advice

ComplicatedCase

Registered Users (C)
I got scholarship (US GOV. funding= 18 grants) 4 years ago. 2 yrs req. I filled an asylum case 3 1/2 yrs ago.

I got NO OBJECTION Statment from my country. I am going to file a case of waiving the 2 yrs based on that. My question is, what are my chances to win case like that?
1-I received US Gov Funding.
2-Out of status as I have a pending case.
Ironiaclly, I asked many Immigration attorneys I did not receive a satisfing answers..all I got 3 digits figures their fees if i will hire them.
My situation is really complicated. Please Help

Last edited by a moderator:
if anyone has the same situation please share experience? I can send you my contact info in a private message? Please I am desperate.

I got scholarship (US GOV. funding= 18 grants) 4 years ago. 2 yrs req. I filled an asylum case 3 1/2 yrs ago. the case was pending all that time. Ironically, it has been denied, eventhough my case is geniuine. I am applying for an appeal. but of course I am out of status now. I renew my ead every year as I was waiting for the decision. I still can not go to my home country due to conditions that threaten my life over there. same time I can not apply for any kind of visa because i have 2 yrs resident back home required even If I have a professional license that i can work with and may apply for H1 .

I got NO OBJECTION Statment from my country. I am going to file a case of waiving the 2 yrs based on that. My question is, what are my chances to win case like that?
1-I received US Gov Funding.
2-Out of status as I have a pending case.
Ironiaclly, I asked many Immigration attorneys I did not receive a satisfing answers..all I got 3 digits figures their fees if i will hire them.
My situation is really complicated. Please Help

How did you become "out of status"? You came on a J-1 with a US Gov't grant? Did the program end? Did you drop out? Were you kicked out/flunked out? What was/is the program of study/training? What profession is it? IF you filed for asylum while still in status, you should still be a "period of authorized stay".

Thanks for your reply. yes/ program ended/ I did not drop out or flunked out /study/ yes/I filed asylum when i was in status.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please Guys I need help...is there anyway to get NOS from the program that I attend? does that make my case stronger? Please, if you know any information please share...thanks