Compare US with Canada. Might be useful to all of us!

Thank you!

Yes, there would be a coiple things to reorganize here as far as the immigration and expliotation is concerned.
I am not working for an Indian company, but am still exploited which really destroys a lot. But hoping that some day I will overcome that.

Thanks for offering help, I have a question related to reference letters. I can\'t ask my employer to write me a reference letter since he would know then than I want to leave him. So, what is the best way to explain to the Immigration department that I have experience but my employer should be left out of this?

Another question I have: I am a little confused about gathering points, since some say now we must have at least 80 points, although I don\'t find that on the immigration website. I downloaded the new form even, which is the same as the old. And do you have to send any evaluation score in, or they will evaluate you based on your application?

Thank you again! I will work on these on weekends, so don\'t expect a quick answer, but thanks.

Odd jobs.

I have seen many c++, vc++ jobs on workpolis.com. I am specialized in that area. I wonder if they don\'t want to hire newcomers? Or why is it in general, that you can\'t find a job in your domain of expertise?

u have all details on the website it self.

All details including the calculation of points is on the website. Click on this link and u will get the required details

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/coming/new-regs.html

Regarding ur experience, u should atleast be able to send a copy of ur appointment letter and ur present paystubs. I think this should work.

For exact details check the Application Kit for Independents, Section Three: Visa Office Specific Instructions :: Appendix C Checklist Page 2, Sl.No.8. WORK EXPERIENCE

Thank you, lotusrjy!

I have read the new rules and they are clear now, thanks. I was just overloaded with my work, whichh is part of why I did not look through everything. And I can tell that in the point system is a lot harder to reach the passmark. I still need 5 points to reach it. So I need a job offer or similar job arrangement to have the necessary points. I don\'t know how it is going to work. Moloy is right, they make it harder and harder as time goes on. I don\'t, can;t see to much optimism in it yet, since the IT jobs in Canada apparently aren\'t very promising. I don\'t know exactly the reason why, but it seems that newcomers don\'t have equal opportunity to choose from. But I wait until Moloy confirms that fact, because I am not sure.

As far as my paystubs...I don\'t get paystubs, because they don\'t give me paystubs. SO I have to call, I guess the Buffalo immigration center to get more info on how to prove current employment.

Thank you again for your help.

Canadian PR and H1

I would really appreciate if anyone could provide any advice to me.

I am currently on H1B visa in U.S. I went to Canada in November 2001 to stamp my landing papers for Canadian PR. I stayed there for 4 days and returned back to U.S. I am planning to go to Canada again for 3 days in March 2002, just so that I don\'t violate the 183days rule. Would Immigration officials in Canada would cause any problem since I have been residing in U.S?

I guess my main goal is to have my Canadian PR as long as I can untill I can get my Green Card in U.S....Is that possible?

Any advice would be appreciated!.....Thanking in advance

I\'m applying for PR, with 2-years experience in USA.

I\'m living in Detroit area, I\'m an engineer with 6 years total experience and 2 in one of the big-three automotive company. I even got a letter directed to RPC from my supervisor stating my job experience,etc., so I believe I\'m pretty much covered for applying for PR.
Do you think I could get PR in less than 6 months? They got my papers (hopefully correctly filled!) on Dec 10th, but still haven\'t heard a word from the Buffalo consulate.
I\'ve got 75 points now in the new tables, but I wonder if my US experience would count on personal suitability to Canada, making some extra points.
Thanks, and congratulations for this highly informative forum.

Thank you very much for your elaborated answer!

It really helps getting an idea as to what is going on currently on the IT market in Canada. We hope that this is a transition period and after the recession is over in the US, maybe this will change. But, yes, I also went through the statistical website and, true, the situation is not that good. But I will still apply, because I don\'t bear being exploited and say that I did not even try for better.

Thank you for the info regarding the experience letter. It is really a good idea!

So overall, I will try getting some feedback from those jobsites to see if I have luck. Because that\'s what\'s missing from my points.

Thanks again for everything! Hope the best and keep in touch!
Good luck!

Canadian PR filing question

Many attroneys advertise that they will excellent job and great service to get canadian PR approved WITH OUT INTERVIEW with 6mons and stuff!!

They are very expensive though.. Is this very reliable to proceed?
How difficult is to apply by myself? Will I be interview 100% is I apply bymyself instead of an attroney?

Gurus Please help me
Thanks

BornFree

Wrong Discussion

Pls try again under the right topic and delete your message from this one.
Thanks.