Company Name Change Cases...

No Title

Hi anxious1,
    Thanks again. You mentioned that you the reason why it took so long for the review? Do you mind sharing with me? Is there any problem in your documents. If you are uncomfortable in sharing your problems, you may please ignore my request.
   As you have said, we need to multiply our effort in contacting those people. I am planning to send emails and post the letters to these again.

Thanks and good luck.

No Title

Hi Mogoram

Apparently they kept telling me that the case is under review and not that it is on hold . Guess that\'s the way they prefer to communicate. In my case atleast it was the same thing.

No Title

I\'m in the same situation... please keep us in the loop as to what you are going to do.
If you email/write to higer officals, please provide address/contact info so that
everybody can do the same thing.

Thanks

No Title

Mogram,
I do not think anxious case was under review for a long time and suddenly status changed to hold. The case was in hold right from beginning. But Officer looking at his case would not have put that in computer. Many people live under the false security that their case is only under review and will get approval soon. But if you case is under review for more than a month it does not make sense. If you had a company name change you can be sure that it is on hold.

Unless many of us shed our fears/ false hopes and take action our cases will not be approved in near future. People are even afraid to write to INS/senators about the problem out of fear of adverse effect. Come on we are not living in Nazy system. Write decent letters explaining your problem. We might get some one to take interest. Thanks

No Title

I have snet letters again today.

Hope you guys are doing the same.

Keep this discussion alive

No Title

I am sending the letters to the various senators/congresspersons by postal mail and a copy by fax because I read somewhere that they get so much email that messages
could remain unread for quite some time

No Title

Hi Anxious1,
   Not only that, they also expect the letters to be a singed one. They do not act on the unsigned letters. I am really wondering, how you people are able to do these things during the office time. Thanks for your efforts. I will start again this evening and complete it by the Saturday. I am planning to post as well as fax them.
  If anybody has the list of people with address and fax #, please post it here.

Thanks

No Title

Hi :

MY 485 and I140 had same name . However my company name got changed recently. Recenly I got RFE for employment letter in which have to mention new company name, which i replied and was received by INS on april 13.

I am sure i will also be on hold as everybody else..
My question is why don\'t we apply for amended I-140 instead of just
waiting for regulation to come from INS headquarters..

At least we will have some time frame when I-485 ordeal will be over.

What everybody thinks....
Satyender

No Title

Folks,

Let us try to keep this thread alive with some posts. Now with VSC approving Mar 2000 cases we Aug/Sep 99 folks are still waiting for these new regulations.. My case was with the officer since Dec, if they had decided to issue 140 redo rfe instead of putting my case on hold I would have been approved by now

By the way when I talked to the IIO yesterday I asked "why dont you send 140 redo rfe instead of putting application on hold" The reply was that the new law had to be implemented so they would wait till they get the new regulations

No Title

Thanks Mogoram.

That is very informative. I would like again to stress the need for all in this situation to please send letters to the concerned people including & especially to the names mentioned above. If we dont do anything to help ourselves it could take forever for this issue to get resolved - remember not too many people are affected by it. I too will try sending them by today or latest tomorrow. We need to get our approvals - and fast...We have waited long enough!

Good luck.

Shraddha

No Title

Hi Guys

I am new to this site but in the same boat as you. Company name change.
My lawyer suggested to wait for INS decision which will come soon. Because a new I-140 (pro-active or ammended whatever) is taking 9-10 months as it is considered a new petition.
I don\'t know whether it will work but this is just a suggestion from my part.
Could we get a lawyer (VSC-one lawyer for all victims.), who can convince the INS to proceed with our case so that it can be approved at the earliest?
This attorney shouldn\'t be from any specific company and get little money from each of us which will actually be a large amount for him.
The attorney can deal with INS on following grounds.
1) INS cannot hold the cases. Some action must be taken. Either they should approve or send RFE.
2) Why people applying after will get approved before others in same type of cases.
3) Why new cases are not send any RFE even if their company name changes.
4) Mental disturbance we are going through.
And more ...........if anybody wants to add anything

On top of that we can send letters to Senators of each and every state under VSC to take special interest on these type of cases. (First to the Republicans and then to the Democrats or vice-versa but not to both of them at the same time.)

Let me know if anybody agrees with this.
Also if you know anybody who does not come to this site please email this information to them.
If possible, all the interested guys could move to some online chat (Yahoo Massenger) and decide the future procedure ASAP.

No Title

anoni,

I\'m with you, maybe we should wait until the end of this month, then proceed
if nothing happens ?

No Title

anoni mouse, are you sure about time it takes to process I140 Redo ? 9-10 months is too long. I was under the impression that it would take just 2-3 months.

No Title

Hi All,
    I just got out of the meeting in office. Today I was lucky enough to connect to IIO within 15 minutes, but not so lucky to talk to a nice one. The IIO I talked with is not at all forth comming with the information. She is blunt and looks like she was in a hurry to complete the conversation. Anyway, here is the update on my case. It is still under review. She told me to wait some time patiently since there are a lot cases pending with the officers. When asked about the AC21 regulation, she said that she has no idea when it will come out. This is the first time I talked to a very unresponsive IIO.

Waiting patiently. I will be mailing and faxing the letters to the immigration subcommite members tomorrow.

No Title

anony mous s correct. Without RFE I-140 redo and subsequent I-485 approval will take atlest 10 months.It would have taken only 2- 3 months had there been an RFE from INS. In that case I-140 redo would have got expedited procesing. But no expedited processing without I-140 redo RFE.

No Title

A questions:
My company has filed for I140 without RFE. If INS issues an RFE in a month or so, could the processing of the new I140 be expedited based on the RFE ?

No Title

Yes. I-140 can be expedited if INS sends RFE. All that needs to be done is to answer to RFE with a copy of your I-140 filing receipt.

No Title

Another Friday over and yet no regulations while people with RD in Mar 00 are getting approval. I have done whatever I can by writing to all concerned individuals. I have nothing more to add or write and will not be visting this site for sometime. Once again my sincere thanks to all the people on this thread who have made a lot of valuable contributions to this cause

No Title

This is how I felt a couple of months ago.
The more often I checked this site, the more frustration I got from other approvals.

My case should have been approved long time ago.
Why do those case long after mine get approved but not mine?
I was extremely disappointed and decided not to check this site for a few months.

The truth is it didn\'t help my case get approved.
As a matter of fact, I feel better now to see many people have the same or similar situation with me and it is kind of comforting because I am not the only one. Besides, people here are trying to keep INS moving in all possible ways. Hiding would not help.

We should get together and try to make a strong point and hope INS HQ will soon give further instructions/guidelines to INS branches for company name change cases to end our suffering.

5 years already........
Time flies..........