Company Name Change Cases...

No Title

I called to IIO around 2pm. My Case is still in hold due to company name change. They are still waiting for the guide lines and don\'t know when. I asked from her what can I do to get my approval quickly. Her suggestion was to file amended I-140 and attach to I-485. She also told me that most of the companies try to avoid it simply because money.

No Title

I think writing to AILA is another option. But will they respond and act quick ? And why do we have to write to AILA ? The problem is that all of us have a attorney representing us. That makes thousands of them, but we are not able to pressure them or use that channel effectively to resolve our problems. They are all in the pockets of the \'body shop\' owners.

My only problem is how do we place these ads/issue letters without revealing our identities. ( I dont want to jeopardize my I485 ).

In the meantime I am waiting for response from NYPost and Washington Post about the rates and other info.

No Title

Hi

Why cant everyone of us Draft a mail Highlighting our issue.

Everyone of us send this mail to OREILLY@FOXNEWS.COM.

Since he will have a flood of mails with SUB: INS DELAYS REGLS.

He will invite someone from INS in his shows and ask them when will they issue these regulations.

No Title

I fully agree with Kaka\'s idea. I feel we should all send o\'reilly an email individually. I do not feel the need for all of our email\'s to be exactly identical but each of us should explan in his/her own words the problem we face due to this hold mechanism in place and that how unjust it is when there are people who have filed much after us
are getting approval whereas our cases are lying in some pile somewhere at INS VSC

I am sending my email right now

No Title

Hi All,

I am also fully with this...I have watched Bill O\'reilly & I think he is an honest, sincere person. Let us send personal emails to him - that will be a very good start. Great suggestion.

Thanks.

No Title

> he also told me that most of the companies try to avoid it simply because money.

~100 USD ??? come on...

No Title

yeah..."common" if its just 10 or 30 redos....what if its like in hundreds (Mastech/Igate has atleast 600)

No Title

hmmm... having the cost of H1 visa application = 1110 USD... it is still not a big deal... I remember my diploma evaluation was done and cost was ~50 USD... ok, ~100 * ~600 = ~60K - again _NOT_ a killing amount...

No Title

Hello guys,

I have an idea.. let compile all our experiences and I shall write a documentary to present it to 20/20 to present our case... I am sure because of the ratings, they probably might be interested... what do you guys think??? we can then use the same to put it on all networks and new media...

Let\'s take some concrete step soon and let\'s get it into action. I am ready to write the story line...
Please e-mail your stories to BHANSHAN@hotmail.com.. and let\'s begin today

Bhanu

No Title

I live in the DC Metro area .The most popular news paper here is the Washington Post which has National coverage. Also sometime back they had come up with a very good article on the plight of H1-b\'s whose 6year term is complete and are forced toleave the country as GC is not approved(this was before the new law was signed).
But how to get our problem into their notice - I draw a blank!

How about all of us joining in and first writing to our company(like to sunil/legal dept etc for Igate group) and urging them to take some serious steps on our behalf - do you think that will work? Because if the company had not changed their name we would not be in this soup.

Lets put our heads together and try to come up with something

No Title

Hey, If money is the problem - I don\'t mind paying 100$ to get my I-140 filed. We are anyway paying to get Advance Parole and EAD and 100$ is nothing if it will get us some peace of mind

No Title

Hi,

I am also in the same boat where you are. No luck so far. My details are PD 04/97,ND 09/99, RD 10/99, FP 03/01.

Regards,
Params

No Title

Personally, I don\'t know this O\'Reilly at all.
Does anybody think it is feasible to ask him to help us out?

What if he gets irritated by the flood of email messages?

No Title

money is not the problem and also for I-140 - check must be from your sponsoring company... as for EAD and AP - from _formal_ point of view they are not necessary for GC process, so company is not paying for \'em (oh, I know that this is a "lame" (is it a correct word ???) excuse :))

No Title

Hello everybody,

After trying continously since the past 3 days I was finally able to talk to an IIO. Contrary to past experiences talking to IIO\'s this person was very friendly. She mentiontioned that my case is on Company Charge Hold (these are cases associated with Company restructuring, name change etc). Though my case has been with an officer since Dec 2000 and I have called IIO\'s several times since then this is the first time they told me that my case is on hold (I know that people have posted since the past few months that cases associated with company name change is on hold). I did have a long conversation with the IIO and the following is the gist. Apparently companies which did do name change etc contacted INS several months back mentioning that they do not want to file a 140 redo for name change cases especially in light of the new law which was passed in Oct 2000. Following that INS HQ decided to put all such affected cases on hold. The IIO told me that VSC has nothing to do with this hold and this can only be lifted once INS HQ issues the new regulations and the IIO had no idea when the regulations would come out but our best bet is to contact all lawmakers including Senators, Congressmen/Congresswomen to put pressure on INS HQ (not VSC) to issue the regulations. I guess we all have to double our effort in writing to as many Senators, Congressmen/Women, Attorney General, INS Commisioner etc and bring it to their attention that INS HQ has still not come out with the new regulations (for a law which was passed in Oct 2000) which has affected many of us in different ways

No Title

Hi All,

Thanks for the info anxious1. With whatever info you have got from the IIO it seems that what we have to and should do is write once again to everyone - this time specifically mentioning that the problem is with INS HQ. And since not many people are affected by this issue, everyone in this group and others too, if possible, have to write to AG/INS commissioner/Senators/Congressperson - because if we dont we will never know of when these so called regulations will come in. Points to stress in the letters would be:
* Law was passed in Oct 2000 - 6 months and yet no implementation of the same.
* We should not be affected by it anyway coz ours is a simple case of company name change - no mergers, no acquisitions.

If anyone could think of anything more re whom/what to write, please give us ur suggestions.

Thanks.

No Title

Hi anxious1,
    Thanks for sharing the information. I remember that your case was \'under review\' for a long time. Now the IIO says that your case is on \'hold\'. Am I right? I am trying to understand what is the difference between these two statuses. Mine is under review from Dec 2000 onwards. My company name changed after my I-140 approval but before filing I-485.
    I am planning to call INS to tomorrow to get the status. Do you have any follow up question to be asked? I will try to get the answer from them?

Thanks

No Title

Hi Mogoram
I now know the reason why the "review" was taking such a long time (almost 4 months) And again I was told about the hold after requesting them to investigate why this "review" was taking such a long time.

At this time I cannot think of any additional questions one can ask IIO apart from when will the hold be lifted (They may have more upto date info tomorrow). Again I stress again that we need to contact (some cases recontact) all the people I mentioned in the previous email (if not more) so that they will pay attention to our case. Never mind if they do not respond atleast we should keep trying