Coming back to the USA

Odnalor

I need to exit the country because my job is sending me overseas to teach for a few weeks. My green card was just recently renewed, but back in 1985 I was granted a bad conduct discharge from the US military (reason why my application for naturalization was denied in 1987).

My question is, will I still be allowed entry when I come back. I'm not sure if my military record from years ago would cause an issue. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

I need to exit the country because my job is sending me overseas to teach for a few weeks. My green card was just recently renewed, but back in 1985 I was granted a bad conduct discharge from the US military (reason why my application for naturalization was denied in 1987).

My question is, will I still be allowed entry when I come back. I'm not sure if my military record from years ago would cause an issue. Any advise is greatly appreciated.
If you were “Deportable” your application would be denied along with you being placed in removal proceedings.

So No!!!
That shouldnt stop you from being granted entry into the US with a Valid GC.

i think soo... but not conferem yet
how did you arrive to the conclusion? what was your thought process?

for something that had happened back in 1985, and you have stayed away from trouble since then, you should be fine. and like Jbuff said, if it was a deportable offense, you would have been removed by the US authorities back then.

Still why did you no try to apply for citizenship again?