Code 2 Finger Print Notice

Lud

Issue of notice does not change LUD for 485 .. But submission of Biometrics report by ASC does.

is finger print 2 and Bio Metrics code 2 same ?

Folks:

I am little confused , I got a notice to appear for Bio Metrics Code 2 . Is FP 2 and Bio Metrics code are the same ?

Please clarify

atulh said:
Mine didnot change too.

kahuna said:
Folks:

I am little confused , I got a notice to appear for Bio Metrics Code 2 . Is FP 2 and Bio Metrics code are the same ?

Please clarify

Hi Kahuna,

Folks correct me if I'm wrong:) In recent times USCIS started sending only one notice for Biometircs as well as FP.

If one had already undergone FP, then only Biometrics notice will be sent to the customers and the code is 2. If you had applied for I485 recently and your FP was not done, then you will receive Biometrics notice with code 3, if you have a children under 14 years old, they too get the notice for biometrics with code-2

I hope I have given enough info. on this.

Rgs
GS2005

Thanks GCseeker2005

Now it's clear to me, I did my FP1 on May 2004 and I am waiting in my 485 for loooooong time(atleast seems to be). May be thats the reason I got Bio metrics code 2.

Thanks again folks for the info.

gcseeker2005 said:
Hi Kahuna,

Folks correct me if I'm wrong:) In recent times USCIS started sending only one notice for Biometircs as well as FP.

If one had already undergone FP, then only Biometrics notice will be sent to the customers and the code is 2. If you had applied for I485 recently and your FP was not done, then you will receive Biometrics notice with code 3, if you have a children under 14 years old, they too get the notice for biometrics with code-2

Rgs
GS2005

kahuna said:
Now it's clear to me, I did my FP1 on May 2004 and I am waiting in my 485 for loooooong time(atleast seems to be). May be thats the reason I got Bio metrics code 2.

Thanks again folks for the info.

I did mine in Aug, 2004. So hopefully this biometrics thing will be the last step. All the best to you, kahuna---we are close to the end of the journey!

gcseeker2005 said:
Hi Kahuna,

Rgs
GS2005

Thanks. GS2005. That was a great summary of the situation.

FP code 3 means faster approval?

We have recently filed I-485. With in 20 days we got biometric notice with code 3 (myself & spouse) and code 2 for my 5 year old daughter. They took FP and photo.

Why some people are getting code 2 and some are getting code 3? What is the reason for it? FP code 3 means faster approval indication?

Code 3

can_card said:
We have recently filed I-485. With in 20 days we got biometric notice with code 3 (myself & spouse) and code 2 for my 5 year old daughter. They took FP and photo.

Why some people are getting code 2 and some are getting code 3? What is the reason for it? FP code 3 means faster approval indication?

Code 3 may not mean a faster approval -- Biometrics is automatic process who have applied for 485..

Why U got Code 3 --- well the only guess is that -- some guys who had applied before ( for 485) did there FP .. it was all 10 finger print.. but at that time there was no picture taking ... Now to fit in those guys they have code 2 -- index finger + picture + signature..

Code 2 for Ur daughter as they do not take FP for less than 14 years old ... the figure print they took was for the signature field.

)^( )^(

Last edited by a moderator:
No change in status

I gave my biometrics on May 26th 2005 but the online message has not changed, Should i call NSC or just wait and see.

140/485 - 12/27/2004
1st FP - 02/05/2005
140 AP - 05/13/2005
2nd FP Code2 - 05/26/2005
485 LUD on 5/26,5/27 but no change in message.

Any one in the same boat, Irony is status message didnt change both times i have given Finger prints.. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Code 2

When will the LUD change, after going to the Code 2 finger print.
What happens next?

Thanks Guys

Some confusion of Biometrics, FP and EB3 category

Hi:
I got my biometrics notice last week. I had already done FP last year. 140 is approved. And priority date is May 2003 in EB3 category.
As far as I understand, 485 processing for EB3 category from India is on hold. The current processing is based on priority date that is somewhere in Jun' 2002. I also understand the visa numbers are not available for EB3 for India, China and Philip...
If that is the case, why are we getting these biometrics notices?

Or is the INS going to clear all the 485s in the month of Oct' 05 when the visa numbers are available?

any ideas?

Anyone has got approval in EB3 category and from India/ China/ Philip... in last 1 month, where their priority date was after Jun' 2002? esp. after getting a second notice ofr biometrics?

BTW, in Biometrics they just take index finger and digitally click a photo. That is it. In Finger print they take all the fingers and combinations and no photo.

thanks,