Code 2 biometrics notice in mail today

Twins

Registered Users (C)
We concurently filed our 140 and 485 (EB2 Employment) in Dec 04, 1 FP in Feb05, 140 approved in May05, RFE on 485 in June05, nothing since then. Did not apply for EAD or AP. Today we got Code 2 biometric notice in mail. What does it mean? Does it indicate anything about 485? Thanks.

God bless all of us.

Twins,
My case activities are exactly like yours, just a month ahead in applying concurrently. I have also received that bimetric code 2 appointment letter for the first week of October. This i think is normal as they need biometrics to issue phusical cards, especially since they have stopped stamping the passports.
I also think that this does not mean that my name chack is done, that may still be waiting on FBI.

Its no fun waiting.

Twins said:
We concurently filed our 140 and 485 (EB2 Employment) in Dec 04, 1 FP in Feb05, 140 approved in May05, RFE on 485 in June05, nothing since then. Did not apply for EAD or AP. Today we got Code 2 biometric notice in mail. What does it mean? Does it indicate anything about 485? Thanks.

God bless all of us.

Twins:

I filed my application just week after you, FP was done in Feb,2005.
I did not receive code 2 biometrics yet. Do you see LUD change for this?

BTW, I get stuck in name check.

I too today got a code 3 from Service Center WSC for second week of october.
I applied 485 on oct 7,2004. still pending because of FBI name check.

Received code 2 biometric.

Received biometric FP with code 2 and service center - wsc. Scheduled for first week of October 2005.

Do any one know whether we can go in advance for this FP.

No LUD changes.

thanks,
abc71

EB3 - 485 - DEC/15/2004 (Pending name check)

Last edited by a moderator:
Code 1

I also received today a letter for code 1 biometrics. I had done code 3 biometrics in April 05 (5 months ago), 2 weeks after 485 RD.

I went for early appointment today

Hi All,

I am as excited as you guys are about the fact that at least USCIS is doing something about our applications. I had a code 2 appointment for october 6 but took a chance and went in early this morning. I got approval from immigration officer to get my processing done today. When I was leaving I asked what would be the next logical step after this code 2 biometrics gathering. They said that it would either be followed by issuing cards or an interview appointment. I am nobody's fool - I am not thinking that I am through; but at least I have more optimism.

Difference between different codes of biometrics:
code 1 = fingerprinting
code 2 = index imprint, signature, photograph
code 3 = combining 1 and 2
(this information was obtained by internet research)

purplehazea said:
Hi All,

I am as excited as you guys are about the fact that at least USCIS is doing something about our applications. I had a code 2 appointment for october 6 but took a chance and went in early this morning. I got approval from immigration officer to get my processing done today. When I was leaving I asked what would be the next logical step after this code 2 biometrics gathering. They said that it would either be followed by issuing cards or an interview appointment. I am nobody's fool - I am not thinking that I am through; but at least I have more optimism.

Difference between different codes of biometrics:
code 1 = fingerprinting
code 2 = index imprint, signature, photograph
code 3 = combining 1 and 2
(this information was obtained by internet research)

You just MIGHT be through :) Anyway, which ASC did you do this at ?

I got a Code 3 Biometrics in Mail yesterday

Hi all,
I am in the same boat as you guys.
485 RD: Jan 30, 2004, CSC
First EAD and AP: March 2004
First FP: April 2004
Second EAD and AP: Feb 2005
Congressman Inquiry August 2005 (FBI name check pending)
FBI Inquiry Email: August 2005, no response yet
Received Code 3 Biometrics Notice: September 26, 2005. Appointment is for Oct 5, 2005

I am planning to go early - this weekend itself. I am hoping they will take me.
I AM GOING TO THE SAN ANTONIO, TX ASC CENTER. Anyone have any experience if they accept you before appoinment date?

Does this mean good news? Any idea guys? Any one been through this?
I am hoping and praying this means good news soon. Wish you all, all the best.

Purplehazea ---

Hi
Thanks for sharing your expreience. I wanted to ask you how you got permission from the Immigration officer to go early. Did you call in advance or just showed up at the ASC and asked if you go for your biometrics then - that is before your appt date? Please clarify.
Thanks and wish you all the best.
Desiusa

desiusa...

I went in and filled out some preliminary information after which they asked me to wait for an immigration officer to talk to me since I had come on a day other than the one specified on notice. I waited on the side and soon enough the officer came in. She was receptive and okayed my re-appointment on the spot. I arrived at 8am and was out by 8:40am with completed biometrics acknowledgement stamped on my notice.

I also got Biometric code 2 notice Today in mail

Thanks,
dice12
EB3 I-485 pending CA service center

purplehazea

Did you walking in their ASC center(for fingerprint/photo support only) or local service center(for other immigration services)

I received Code3 notice yesterday and I want to give a shot tomorrow. But in here (Sacramento) there are two center, one for photo, one for infopass appointment. TIA!

Finger printing notice

Hi all ..I and my family got finger printing notice from WSC (what is this?) with code 3. But my dates are not current (EB-2 PD Nov 03) and affected by retrogression too. Does it mean they will contnue to process I-485?. My 485 is filed with CSC.

Could anybody please tell me if I can also take my 4 year old kid with me during finger printing? He does not need finger printing (he was born here)
.thank you very much

kesab

yes, you can bring your kids, we did that before but you or your spouse must take care of him during the FP process.

yes, due to retrogression, we are trying our luck in these final several days. cause code 3 bio means your I485 might ready to approve(might not). If they got FP they might approve before Oct 1. Why not give a shot!

thanks NIW.. but my finger printing date is on Oct 6, 2005 (next week), So the this retrogression devil will be effective.
And interestingly my daughter has Code 2. I and my wife has Code 3.

Last edited by a moderator: