Kingpromise15

Hey I got a ticket when I was 17 class c misdemeanor at Josephine tx. I felt because of my color cause I had no weed with me. I got pulled over because of my headlight and my car smell like weed and he gave me class c misdemeanor which I had dismissed last month feb11th and my greencard was approved Jan8th with no interview needed. And I’m scared when I want to travel and when I want become citizen will that class c misdemeanor hurt me? Do I need it to be expunged or just leave it as it is? It’s dismissed right now and I will have no more charges by Gods grace. And he found my one hitter that made him give me a poss of drug paraphernalia. Am I good as it dismissed or I need to proceed? Please help me and I will be a citizen 2025

Relax. First of all your case is dismissed (you were not convicted) so the misdemeanor charge no longer exists. Keep the court papers of the dismissal safely. When you apply for citizenship, you will have to show them during the interview. Expungement will not help because USCIS has access to records and you will have to declare it anyway. Do NOT lie about it or they will deny you for a lack of good moral character (false testimony under oath).

In any case, for a misdemeanor to rise to the level of inadmissibility, it needs to be a CIMT. Minor possession is not CIMT. Keep away from trouble atleast until you become a citizen

Relax. First of all your case is dismissed (you were not convicted) so the misdemeanor charge no longer exists. Keep the court papers of the dismissal safely. When you apply for citizenship, you will have to show them during the interview. Expungement will not help because USCIS has access to records and you will have to declare it anyway. Do NOT lie about it or they will deny you for a lack of good moral character (false testimony under oath).

In any case, for a misdemeanor to rise to the level of inadmissibility, it needs to be a CIMT. Minor possession is not CIMT. Keep away from trouble atleast until you become a citizen

Thank you very much and I don’t have a original copy I only have email the court sent me. The final Judgment On my email. And for real if they try to deny me I will go crazy on them because they are the one proving racist I don’t live in Josephine tx I was with their citizen Josephine, TX is 77.1% White Alone, 15.5% Hispanic or Latino, and 5.76% Black or African American Alone. I know myself I deserve more than a greencard but I will play my part

Thank you very much and I don’t have a original copy I only have email the court sent me. The final Judgment On my email. And for real if they try to deny me I will go crazy on them because they are the one proving racist I don’t live in Josephine tx I was with their citizen Josephine, TX is 77.1% White Alone, 15.5% Hispanic or Latino, and 5.76% Black or African American Alone. I know myself I deserve more than a greencard but I will play my part

Listen buddy, I can understand that you feel that you were wronged and you also feel that the cop was racist. But unfortunately USCIS does not care about this. The only thing they care about is you were convicted or not and if yes, are you inadmissible. In your case you were not convicted, so you are good. Make sure you get a CERTIFIED copy of the dismissal/court disposition and keep it with you. The court clerk can certify it for you. The officer will ask you for this during the interview. Like I said, try to stay away from trouble during this period as it can lead to complications.

You can drop the “race card” act, USCIS doesn’t give a hoot about it. You should have taken up the case with the courts if you feel racially targeted by what and how you were charged. You’ve already been properly advised by @Fin on what you need to do going forward. Focus on that.

Listen buddy, I can understand that you feel that you were wronged and you also feel that the cop was racist. But unfortunately USCIS does not care about this. The only thing they care about is you were convicted or not and if yes, are you inadmissible. In your case you were not convicted, so you are good. Make sure you get a CERTIFIED copy of the dismissal/court disposition and keep it with you. The court clerk can certify it for you. The officer will ask you for this during the interview. Like I said, try to stay away from trouble during this period as it can lead to complications.
I have a photo of th

You got hear this story and see where I’m coming from. The things he found in my car was not mine because I’m African he heard my African accent because my car smell like weed you called 2sherifs on me? I was with 4 people but only me got charged why? Cause I’m black. But I see how it is you got know where you show your self at. I was scared to go get my disposition because I was scared they will pull me over just because of my name. Wickedness

You got hear this story and see where I’m coming from. The things he found in my car was not mine because I’m African he heard my African accent because my car smell like weed you called 2sherifs on me? I was with 4 people but only me got charged why? Cause I’m black. But I see how it is you got know where you show your self at. I was scared to go get my disposition because I was scared they will pull me over just because of my name. Wickedness

If you feel that you were racially targeted, you need to seek a civil rights attorney and pursue the matter. This is a completely different track from immigration and beyond the scope of this forum.