class action lawsuit against BCIS delay

We can forward our already existing petition to AILA and request some action for it. Think, it's been a long time since this petition has been sent to BCIS director by Rajiv. Don't see any response for that petition. We can bell the cat together.

As a part of the law-suit, BCIS can also be ordered to furnish statistics/status of all I-485s filed in 2000/2001/2002/2003. I bet they maintain all these data in their database, and produce them in couple of days.

The case can easily be based on these results which all of us know would show tons of 2002 approvals and 2001 pendings. Which would show a direct inconsistency in BCIS processing.

I guess we'll have to push AILA to represent us.

class action law suit

I agree.
I would not be surprise to see INS further extend the processing time to 1500 days in near future. Something need to be done. I see no congressman nor senator want to step forward for any immigrant at this time.
I think we should gother enough people from this forum, each of us put some money to hire a reponsible immigration lawyer and file law suit promptly. Our cases are not been processed at reasonable time. My Receipt notice still says 240 to 365 days. INS should not be allow to set back the time as they feel like, not taking responsability toward its paying client. People has life and plans to follow, we have old folks in our homeland waiting for our way due return visit. We are not able to have long term planing such as putting money aside for IRA or future kid tuition.
I think we should keep this thread very much alive, pay a lawyer to file class action suit against INS.
How many of you are with me? Please suggest a good lawyer to contact.

I agree

Yes, we should follow through. I agree that INS should not indefinitely postpone adjudications. They should be held accountable for their actions.

Hello Guys:

There are only few options. No senator is going to stand behind us and basically in this era nobody cares for immigrants. The class action law suit is the only option other than a hunger strike in front of the TSC (in case of hunger strike significant media coverage is inevitable). whatever it takes we have to do something otherwise just waiting for TSC to keep extending processing times is the only alternative.

Guys we have to do someting, this is plain injustice.

Gkhan.

Any one else out there is in?

Any one else out there is in?

We need to gather as many people as we could.

This may be necessary, but I will wait to see if BCIS holds to the currently stated 33 month processing time. Is there anyone on this forum that has waited longer than 33 months? If BCIS moves the processing time beyond 33 months, then it is time to act. I believe the majority of us here have waited 30 months or less. By the end of this year, BCIS needs to start a continuous flow of processing to meet their stated 33 months.
I'm trying to think "glass half full" instead of "half empty".

w8nc
RD 11/01

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to invlove AILA in this. At this point, lets send the modified version of already existing petition (http://www.immigration.com/common/rsk/petition_texas_new.html) to AILA, preferably fax it. We'll also send a request for a possible law suit on our behalf.

There isn't a lot of attorneys out there to take this kind of case for us. And I've waited too long to beleive in TSC processing times, whatever they may be (33 months or 3 months).

How many of us are willing to fight for justice? I would atleast expect participation from all 2001 filers.

our receipt notice stated : it usually takes 240 to 365 days...

They should comply with the notice. people generate an expectation from the written info. One should not be allowed to change the term of the contract because of inefficiency.

Jaxen - Add to the current poll

Jaxen,

Can you add a question to the current poll, asking people if they want to sue TSC?

If our petition has no use, then we'll definitely sue them.

I personally think lawsuit is the only way

Hello:

I think we need to coordinate these efforts with the message board on texasimmmigration.com where efforts for a similar law suit are under way.

gkhan.