Clarification on some DS 156 Questions

texancanadian

Registered Users (C)
I need clarification on how to fill out some DS156 Questions. I am applying for 8-10 yr H1B stamping from Toronto.

Question 29: Additional Visits to the US

Do I need to tell them of each and every entry to US since the first time I came. That would be about 6 or 8 entries.

Question 30: Additional Visa issuances

I mentioned in form about the last 2 times I did H1 stamping. But do I need to enter details of all visas, like F1 visa before H1 or my B1/B2 visa before F1 etc ?

Lot of detail but not much space in the electronic form.

I would recommend that you take a filled out copy of D-158 with you just to be on the safe side. Last year when renewing my 7th year H1-B in Johannesbrug, I was asked to fill the form just before my interview. It didn't take long to fill but would have helped if I'd brought the form filled out along with me. I'll be going for my H1-B renewal to Brownsville/Matamoros in a few weeks time and will be taking a filled out copy with me this time. If they ask for it, I'll just hand it over.

Just a FYI. Good luck.

Jawad

I need clarification on how to fill out some DS156 Questions. I am applying for 8-10 yr H1B stamping from Toronto.

Question 29: Additional Visits to the US

Do I need to tell them of each and every entry to US since the first time I came. That would be about 6 or 8 entries.

Question 30: Additional Visa issuances

I mentioned in form about the last 2 times I did H1 stamping. But do I need to enter details of all visas, like F1 visa before H1 or my B1/B2 visa before F1 etc ?

Lot of detail but not much space in the electronic form.

Question #29: I would mention all the entries in the U.S. (as in the passport) with duration of stay.
Question #30: My understanding is , it is necessary to mention all the U.S. visa stamps in the passport.

The text boxes for above questions do not have space constraint.