Claiming citizenship and permanent residence for dependents

JustWatching

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I have a few questions for everyone and hopefully someone here can help.

Background
A friend of mine is a US Citizen by birth but has never lived in the US. Her parents are not US Citizens.

She has her US birth certificate but never got SSN or US Passport.

She is now married to a non-citizen and her children were also not born in the US.

Questions

1) Any suggestions on how she gets her US Passport? She is in a catch 22. Generally they ask for ids which she doesn't have. She can't seem to easily get a SS card either. Anyone with experiences here, please share.

2) Does she need anything other than her US birth certificate to file for I-130 for her husband and children? I can't seem to find any other requirements (beside financials)

3) Assuming she does get her husband and children to become permanent residents, his husband can become US citizen 3 years later right? When can her children become US citizens, right away?

Any other comments are welcome.

Thanks for your help guys/gals. I have had a lot of experience with my own employment green card but family-based is unchartered territory.

Thank you

JustWatching

I do believe there is a requirement that the US citizen must have lived in the US for some years (5?) after reaching 14 years of age.