Citizenship Question

mails4nr

Registered Users (C)
Now that I am ready to apply for my citizenship (employment based), I would like to get suggestions of the forum with the kind of situation I am in.

I filed for my 485 in Sept 2002 and in April 2003 was laid off by the sponsoring company. Never filed AC21. I got a RFE in March 2004 asking to provide financial details about the sponsoring company. My attorney advised me to send AC21 at that time. In July 2004 my GC got approved. Unfortunately, I had to change the company who filed my AC21 within 2 weeks as they decided to offshore their projects. I will be eligible to apply for N-400 in April 2009, but am not sure if I will have any complications as I left the sponsoring company just after 2 weeks of getting the GC. Is anyone aware of such a situation and if they have any suggestions for me.

I will greatly appreciate any suggestion.

Most of the time IOs don't pursue the issue, but if the IO does, showing that it was caused by layoff should be sufficient.

there are no laws requires you to work for your sponsor company after you obtained your GC. the GC itself give you the right to work for any US company except fed, state and local gov jobs that requires US citizenship.

Thanks guys. I have been working in the same field with simlar or higher pay. The only thing is had to quit the company the same month I got the GC as they were not able to pay me even my salary.