Citizenship process related questions

anonymous12

Registered Users (C)
I have few questions regarding commonly used acronym here.

PD=priority date. Does this date mean, when USCIS received your application or cashed your check or can be a different date?
How do you get receipt of N400? via email or mail?

What does NOA mean?

Could someone share interview experience at Memphis? Do they do oath on same day or one has to wait? In TN where do they hold Oath Ceremonies? One place or different places and you can only go close to you?

PD is based on when USCIS received your case for initial processing (ie: the date they received and receipted your application).

NOA=notice of action letter by mail which serves as evidence they received your N-400.

more questions

Thanks Bobsmyth

I have seen a spreadsheet in few other threads and I can't locate it. Could someone provide a link?

How this spreadsheet work? Do I need to log in to my Gmail account or I just add my info and hit save so it will show up as updated? Can I later edit or change my info or Not or only the person who created this spreadsheet owns its content?

I have sent my application via USPS mail and I did not add any tracking (my mistake) and I see now that my check has been cashed.

How do I get PD or NOA action? Via email or mail?

In the information tracking update of your case at USCIS website, I assume only way you can do it by adding your case number which USCIS gives it to you via NOA mail, correct? or can one do it by other means like by your name or SS# etc to see that way it can pull up any new applications?

I still have tracking for my I-485, I-140 cases in my immigration portfolio at USCIS website. But even though those applications were initially approved 5 or 6 years ago but it still says last time file updated and date shown is like 1 year or 6 months ago. Is this some computer error or does USCIS revisits some old cases to check quality control etc?

It's a publicly editable spreadsheet and you don't need to log on. But I still recommend you log in. https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoxJgTZJQsbldFVXaVFXODFlb1d5aWxqM1lnVlVUc3c&hl=en#gid=17

Look at tabs at bottom for different months in 2010. Choose your tab appropriately.

You should get NOA in mail shortly. It will have your PD. It will also have a case number which you can register on www.uscis.gov and elect to receive email/TXT messages.

Create a signature with N400 timeline, your local DO etc. It helps others. See my signature.

Good luck.

Thanks

If I enter any information, would I be able to edit it later on or NO.

I am waiting for PD letter then I will be able to add more information in my signature.

In this spreadsheet there are columns like RFE and RFE lud. What is RFE lud? and in general what kind of RFE do they ask in case of citizenship? like if you have answered yes to any of the questions, tickets etc?

NOA means Notice of action letter. it's a notification letter to inform that they already received the I-130 form / I-129 form or any other form sent to the USCIS

Can someone explain what the Yellow Letter means and why not everyone receives it?

Can someone explain what the Yellow Letter means and why not everyone receives it?

It basically means that USCIS has enough yellow paper in its offices to send friendly notes to would be naturalization candidates, so if you don't receive one, USCIS doesn't view you to be a friend...lol!!! It is a glitch in their system, hence some people receives it and others don't...

The yellow letter is a generic reminder to bring certain documents to the interview. It is triggered by the way certain questions are answered on the N-400, hence not all applicants receive one.

SpreadSheet

Did any one screw up spreadsheet? Column F in Aug. should be check cashed and that's where I entered my info and now it says notice mailed?

Does any one know how to fix this as it seems like all information is shifted to the right?

What happens between NOA date and the FP notice date? Just internal updating of systems at USCIS or does anything actually happen?