Citizenship- married for 3 years question

krona12345

Registered Users (C)
So do we have to have 3 years of marriage plus 3 years of green card?

When we are talking about green card do we count the 2 years of conditional green card or only 3 years after you receive you 10 years green card ?

Thanks

So do we have to have 3 years of marriage plus 3 years of green card?

When we are talking about green card do we count the 2 years of conditional green card or only 3 years after you receive you 10 years green card ?

Thanks

Yes, the two year as conditional resident counts toward the 3 year residency. no need to say, You should already have three year marriage and more when you apply for citizenship base on your marriage to USC.

You need a minimum of 3yrs of marriage to the same USC, and 3yrs as a LPR, with time a conditional resident counting towards the total. The two 3yr periods generally run concurrently.

Triple citizen,
here is what's written on the official N-400 form:

"If you are applying based on five years as a Lawful Permanent Resident or based on three years as a Lawful Permanent Resident married to a U.S. citizen, you may apply for naturalization up to 90 days before you meet the ''continuous residence'' requirement".

So, seems one can file 90 days in advance also for
marriage-based naturalizations.

Triple citizen,
here is what's written on the official N-400 form:

"If you are applying based on five years as a Lawful Permanent Resident or based on three years as a Lawful Permanent Resident married to a U.S. citizen, you may apply for naturalization up to 90 days before you meet the ''continuous residence'' requirement".

So, seems one can file 90 days in advance also for
marriage-based naturalizations.

I filed my N-400(based on marriage) 90 days in advance (see my timeline).

My IO even wrote down the exact date when I can file the Removal of condition and N-400 during my initial GC interview