Citizenship Interviews - Decision Not Yet Made Status


Registered Users (C)
Hello, I thought I would start a thread for those with a Decision Not Yet Made status after their Citizenship interview. My citizenship interview was on April 18 in Chicago. My GC is employment based. Both my wife and I interviewed on the same day.

My wife's interview went without issues. She got a friendly officer and she was told her n-400 was approved and we saw the USCIS status online changed to approved and that she will hear about oath ceremony info

My interview resulted in a Decision not yet made. The officer was quite reserved and seemed a bit unfriendly/stern. He asked for my GC, drivers license, passport, appt letter. He looked at my passport and asked for my old ones. I stated I did not bring it as they expired. He stated, how am I to verify if you didn't travel outside the country for more than 6 months to a year. I wasn't sure how to answer. I weakly stated that I think all my travel is in there. In actuality, I received my new passport two years before my green card. So it had all 5 years of travel during the time I had my Green Card. All the other questions I was able to answer without issues. I passed my Civics/English test. After he handed me the Decision not yet made letter, I asked him what's the next step in the process. He stated, you have to wait and i will hear in 6 weeks or so. He also said something about going through the application thoroughly as this is a naturalization application.

I did have 12+ trips abroad in the 5 years I had the GC. Most of them were for business and lasting about a week each.

The officer asked for no other docs. If folks have a Decision not yet made status, would be great to hear your experience and what the outcome was? Comments welcome.
Don't worry, this is a typical review/response - keep checking your online status, usually it will change in the next week or so (see the last couple of lines in my signature line below)


Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks, it has been 3 weeks since my interview and the status is still Decision not yet made. Any thoughts on what could help?


Registered Users (C)
My case was approved as of this morning. Waiting to be scheduled for oath ceremony. I followed up via calls and also wrote a letter to the IO. I don't know if any of that helped.
Hi Soap, please let us know how it went. My husband is in a similar position. He got denied in 2015 due to his divorce in 2012 after 6 years of marriage. He got LPR through that wife. He's thinking of reapplying next year after 5 years of GMC so looking at the likelihood of citizenship success. I'm a USC but I know our marriage has no bearing on his citizenship outcome. So wish we had met years earlier as I know we are soulmates. Anyhow good luck to everyone!
Hello all
Just want to share my status
got my 10 yrs GC 03-2019

Applied 07-01-2019 - Chicago base on 3yrs marriage
did fingerprint 07-25-2019
interview 09-25-2019
in interview day I took my wife and daughter
IO came asked me if she is my wife than IO took my wife interview ( I WAS SHOCKED , IN INTERVIEW LATTER NO WHERE SAY TAKE WIFE WITH YOU)
However they interview her almost 20 minutes, I asked her what IO asked she said its just general quest , how we mate , when we got married , arranged or love marriage etc IO came and took me for interview
I passed exam also IO hand over me paper for sign it , that is for me and my wife was together when I filled for I751 at home
IO also took witness of another IO sign on paper,
at the end of interview she gave me paper
I passed exam but decisions can not be made , its almost 4 month , I called 3 times USCIS last week they create ticket got email today that
questing to all anyone having same issue

i saw some peoples contacting with senator or congressman or Ombudsman
please help to get through this

Current status: GC
N400: Applied on first day of 90 days eligibility on 12 June 2019.

I had my interview today. All tests pass and at the end, IO said they cannot approve it now because I have applied earlier than 90 days. As per USCIS calculator, I can apply on 12 June 2019. I applied around 12:30 AM EST on 12 June 2019.

Issue seems to be my location. I am from South California and application was submitted at 10:30 PM on 11 June 2019. In my USCIS case status, submission date is 12th June 2019. I was not aware of this local timezone thing. It was a honest mistake and I hope they take this few hours miss into account while making the decision.

As per IO, they will send their decision soon. I would like to know if anyone has any prior experience. Can I re-apply right away once the decision is made?

My N400 application is denied because I have applied before 90 days eligibility (I applied on June 11th 2019 instead of June 12th 2019). I read the notice few times but did not find any re-application eligibility date. What does this mean? Can I apply right away? Your feedback is sincerely appreciated!