Citizenship interview in 4 days. Can't find one document?

immi3

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I have citizenship interview scheduled in 4 days. I can't find my marriage certificate, though I do have a photocopy.

I am applying only for myself. My spouse stays abroad, she has not applied for naturalization. I got married after I got my green card, so she can't still join me.

I know marriage certificate is not a "required" document at the interview.

I want to know if I would have any problem with the interview, because of not being able to produce the original marriage certificate.

I do have almost all the other documents which could be remotely related to my citizenship application.

Thanks
-immi3

I forgot to mention one thing. I am applying based on the 5 year rule, not as a spouse beneficiary of a US citizen.
Thanks
immi3

I forgot to mention one thing. I am applying based on the 5 year rule, not as a spouse beneficiary of a US citizen.
Thanks
immi3

We could guess that:)

There is really no need for you to have your marriage certificate for your interview, but you will need it if you want to petition for your wife

Photocopy is sufficient. My wife was asked for marriage certificate at her interview, although I wasn't (we both applied under 5 year rule at he same time). I had brought a copy just in case and it came in handy.

Guys,
I have citizenship interview scheduled in 4 days. I can't find my marriage certificate, though I do have a photocopy.

I am applying only for myself. My spouse stays abroad, she has not applied for naturalization. I got married after I got my green card, so she can't still join me.

I know marriage certificate is not a "required" document at the interview.

I want to know if I would have any problem with the interview, because of not being able to produce the original marriage certificate.

I do have almost all the other documents which could be remotely related to my citizenship application.

Thanks
-immi3

So the same scenario with me in LA...Even though my wife has an H1b, I took her H1b approval and also the marriage certificate copy for the IO. I got married after I submitted my N400.
The IO asked if my status was changed and i told all truth and showed him the marriage certificate and my wife's H1b approval. He asked me if he could make a copy and keep it. I gave him a new set of copies and he noted that down and was pleased. Once i become USC and apply for my wife for CR visa, then i think they would already have some documentation for my marriage..Its always a good thing to do I guess...
So the answer is - take the copy and present it to him.

PS - my marriage cert was International certificate

Thanks guys for your inputs.

I will take the photocopy of the marriage certificate at the interview.

-immi3