CITIZENSHIP INTERVIEW GOT CANCELLED - Hartford, CT

I have a citizenship interview scheduled on March 6th 2009 in INS office in
Hartford, CT, I thought very good news after long waiting but today I received a letter from INS, saying "due to unforeseen circumstances", they have had to cacel the interview, they will advise me of any further action taken on my case.

Same thing happened twice to me. I wonder anyone had come across this kind
of situation ? what does this mean ? Do you think INS will reschedule my
interview?.

Sounds like they have not received your case file from the NBC yet. They will automatically reschedule you for another interview.

I think it is important that you use your legal rights.. by going through the courts.

Read the Sticky Forums on Top of the Citizenship forum. They explain in detail on how to force the USCIS to do soething regarding your case.

It could be possible that your Fingerprints are expired.
They are valid for 15 months so I think they have to send you a new notice and then reschedule you for another interview once the background check has been redone.

I have a citizenship interview scheduled on March 6th 2009 in INS office in
Hartford, CT, I thought very good news after long waiting but today I received a letter from INS, saying "due to unforeseen circumstances", they have had to cacel the interview, they will advise me of any further action taken on my case.

Same thing happened twice to me. I wonder anyone had come across this kind
of situation ? what does this mean ? Do you think INS will reschedule my
interview?.

OMG I feel your frustration :mad: :mad: :mad:

It's HORRIBLE the way some of us just have bad luck with these people or what!!! I can totally sympathize with you as today I also had my very own RUN IN dealing with them,,

Somedays I just want to give up all together and stay as a legal resident forever :(

sorry I turned this into my vent but right about now I am angry as HECK and I think you must be too :mad:

Citizenship Interview CANCELLED/ Reschedule Unknown

I already have the same problem. I received a letter last week telling me that FOR UNFORESEEN CIRCUMTANCES , my previously interview was Canceled.

I walk thru to the Office of my appointment and talk with Customer Service Representative in the front desk and he told me, without verify the system, that probably they do that because that office doesn't have yet my file.

I don't know if somebody have the same problem in the past and in how many time received the new appoinment letter.

Thank You

I really appreciate any information about this

Alberto

I already have the same problem. I received a letter last week telling me that FOR UNFORESEEN CIRCUMTANCES , my previously interview was Canceled.

I walk thru to the Office of my appointment and talk with Customer Service Representative in the front desk and he told me, without verify the system, that probably they do that because that office doesn't have yet my file.

I don't know if somebody have the same problem in the past and in how many time received the new appoinment letter.

Thank You

I really appreciate any information about this

Alberto

That happened to my spouse and we are waiting. We called
USCIS helpline and actually got a letter saying "the curren status
of your application is you are in teh queue for an interview appointment
and you should be receiving this interview notificatiuon within the nest
60 days". Now 25 days passed sinch the date of that letter. We called another
time and spoke to a second level officer and he seemed to think
we are too impatient because one should just wait at least 90 days
for anything.

I got a feeling that if the money is not an issue, one is better off by withdrawing the application
and sending a new one when such a thing happens. Unfortunately, money is an issue.

Rescheduling timeline can be very unpredictable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same thing happened to me with SF, CA office.
I had received a letter with interview scheduled on July 17, and then received a letter on July 8th, descheduling interview due to "unforseen circumstances."
I call USCIS every week to check whether new interview has been scheduled and you probably should do the same. They keep giving me 30 days "grace period" for rescheduling interview, after which I should be scheduling infopass and going to local office for updates.