CITIZENSHIP INTERVIEW GOT CANCELLED - Hartford, CT

namitanamburi

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

My Citizenship interview got cancelled.

I got a call from USCIS just two days before of my Interview and they told that Local USCIS did not receive my application and they will inform Interview date.

Any body had same experiance ???..Please let me know

I am from India and Here are My N 400 Details. Applied from Hartford, CT

Received Date July 26, 2007
Priority Date July 26, 2007
Notice date Sept 17, 2007
Check Cleared Aug 08, 2007
Finger Print OCT 05, 2007
Interview Date suppose to be on Aug 05, 2008 but it got cancelled.
Got a Letter on Aug 14th 2008 from USCIS saying that they cancelled my interview BUT THEY DID NOT MENTION MY NEXT INTERVIEW DATE.

Waiting for Interview Letter...

Please let me know what is the next step to proceed.

Thanks
Namita

Sadly your file did not arrive in time for the interview. Its not uncommon, and there is little you can do about it other than waiting for a new appointment.

I had a citizenship interview scheduled on Aug 5th 2008 in INS office in Hartford, CT, but two days before the Interview I received a Call from INS, saying "due to unforeseen circumstances", they have had to cacel the previously scheduled interview, they will advise me of any further action taken on my case.

I wonder anyone had come across this kind of situation ? what does this mean ? Do you think INS will reschedule my interview?

Thanks

I had a citizenship interview scheduled on Aug 5th 2008 in INS office in Hartford, CT, but two days before the Interview I received a Call from INS, saying "due to unforeseen circumstances", they have had to cacel the previously scheduled interview, they will advise me of any further action taken on my case.

I wonder anyone had come across this kind of situation ? what does this mean ? Do you think INS will reschedule my interview?

Thanks

it's happened to others as well. You'll get a new interview date eventually.

Thanks njman08.

I went thru infopass but they (Local INS) did not tell any thing. They told that I need to wait for the another new interview letter. They did not even tell the time frame.

Thanks njman08.

I went thru infopass but they (Local INS) did not tell any thing. They told that I need to wait for the another new interview letter. They did not even tell the time frame.
namita,
I suggest you keep calling them and doing infopass and be on top of them. This seems to be entirley an administrative mistake by CIS. Hope you get to talk to a good IO who will start some action on your application and your process completes soon. Keep the forum updated.

just WAIT!
it happened to me and about 15 other people in Durham, NC, last year.
turned out to be staffing issues at the DO, as told to one of us during an infopass;
All of us eventually received new IL's within a month or so.

(one even got canceled TWICE, and even he got the IL eventually)

Nothing will make it come faster; Just wait is all you can do.

Infopass

Thanks

namitanamburi, why don't you schedule Infopass appointment and ask IO about the status of your case? Ask specifically about your name check, whether it was cleared and when. Also ask where is your file currently located. And what piece of information is still missing in their system preventing them from scheduling your interview.

You need to push them, since your case is well off 'the fast track'; and something is stuck in their system.

1. Inquire with the help of Congressman/Senator/USCIS OMBUDSMAN
2. Once/if you have unsatisfactory responses file WOM. Use those responses a evidence.