Citizenship interview @ Cincinnati

usics123

I recently had a citizenship interview at Cincinnati and I got the N625 with the following ticket

• Passed Civics/English test
  • Written decision will be mailed

I thought mine was a pretty straightforward case. Just 1 traffic ticket(fender bender) in the 8 years Ive been here.

I am requesting a name change though

The IO said everything looks good..but Im really worried.. My husband got the "Congratulations.." marked so looks like hes all clear

Please help!:(:confused:

name change take longer period

Name change takes about 6-18 months to materialize as it goes through the court process. So you to be just patient.
I recently had a citizenship interview at Cincinnati and I got the N625 with the following ticket

• Passed Civics/English test
  • Written decision will be mailed

I thought mine was a pretty straightforward case. Just 1 traffic ticket(fender bender) in the 8 years Ive been here.

I am requesting a name change though

The IO said everything looks good..but Im really worried.. My husband got the "Congratulations.." marked so looks like hes all clear

Please help!:(:confused:

Name change takes about 6-18 months to materialize as it goes through the court process. So you to be just patient.

Not necessary true. I made my name (first name) change during the interview, my oath letter came in about 3 months, which is not due to my name change, rather other circumstance.

Depends the rank of interviewing officer and the particular style of individual, some will only check the "Written decision" part as your Oath letter is consided the "decision in the mail" as very next steps. Someone check this option for any pending review by superadvisor.

Just relax and I am sure you will be fine.

The name change does not delay n400, what happened in your case is reported often here, most people eventually get the oath letter. Search the forums and also check the city tracker for Cin'ti to see timelines.

Hello,
My mother had her citizenship interview on 07/15/2008 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Upon reaching there, she was shocked to hear that they did not have her file at the Cincinnati center. So we requested that interview be taken based on the application copy we have and the IO agreed. Interview went fine and she passed the questions as well as English tests. The IO congratulated her at the end however said that decision could not be made that time as he did not have her original file(including application,etc) at that time and she would be notified by mail. He did not mention whether decision is pending or she will get oath letter.
We are worried as per the status of her application now. She does not have any traffic violations,etc that could hamper the decision. Did anyone have similar experience? Please help.

Thanks

Hello,
My mother had her citizenship interview on 07/15/2008 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Upon reaching there, she was shocked to hear that they did not have her file at the Cincinnati center. So we requested that interview be taken based on the application copy we have and the IO agreed. Interview went fine and she passed the questions as well as English tests. The IO congratulated her at the end however said that decision could not be made that time as he did not have her original file(including application,etc) at that time and she would be notified by mail. He did not mention whether decision is pending or she will get oath letter.
We are worried as per the status of her application now. She does not have any traffic violations,etc that could hamper the decision. Did anyone have similar experience? Please help.

Thanks

Sometimes the applicant's file doesn't get transferred from the service center for some reason. The reason for the decision can't be made it that they still need to wait for file to arrive from the service center and then consolidate it with the results of interview. It's anyone's guess how long it will tale for the file to be transferred, so just make sure to keep inquiring via Infopass every few weeks if you don't here anything.

An update on my application

Today I got the N-445 letter asking me to come for a Naturalization Oath ceremony in Cincinnati. It was a pleasant surprise considering that after my interview all I got was

"Passed test" and "Written Decision" will be mailed to you..my husband got the "Congratulations..." ticked.. Strangely he has not yet got the oath letter

This is my timeline..Cincinnati
Apr 23 2008 checks cashed
May 14 2008.. Finger printing for both me and my husband
Jul 10 2008..Interview for both of us
Aug 22 2008..My Oath ceremony :)

Waiting for letter

Hi uscis123,

Congratulations!!! My mother gave her citizenship interview at Cincinnati on Jul 15, 2008 but when she went for the interview, the officer did not have her file with him. So at the end, she was given a form N-652(Naturalization Interview Results) with the following items checked:
-- You passed the tests of English and U.S. history and government
-- USCIS will send you a written decision about your application.

Can you please tell me if you were given a similar form at the end of the interview?

Also, I was calling INS customer service regularly to know the case status and today I got an email from them saying that "Your case requires additional review so it is taking longer time. Please contact us if you have not received any notice within the next 6 months." I am worried as to what additional review is being done and if that could cause lot of delay.

Can you please provide more insight if possible?

Thanks a lot,
patkt

patkt,
Like ucis123 says, she was given the form no N 625 which is the same form your mother was given at the end of her interview. Only difference is, in case of your mother , the applicant's file ( I suppose the" A File " ) was missing or not available with the IO ( Interviewing Officer ) and so he conducted the interview on your copy. Maybe , your A File is at another Service Centre and hence needs to be recalled. Mind you , the A File never gets" LOST " !
So naturally in your case there is more delay than uscis123 ( Int. on July 10 th,2008 and Oath Aug., 22 , 2008 ) or another forum member lazysussan ( Interview at cincinnati on June 16 th ,2008 and Oath on Aug.,22, 2008 ) .
Assuming it would take max 1- 1.5 weeks to racall the A file and max 1 week to take a decison , and send out the letter ( Oath or Otherwise ) you shoud expect to get the letter by september 01 , 2008.
Good luck !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I got the N-445 letter asking me to come for a Naturalization Oath ceremony in Cincinnati. It was a pleasant surprise considering that after my interview all I got was

"Passed test" and "Written Decision" will be mailed to you..my husband got the "Congratulations..." ticked.. Strangely he has not yet got the oath letter

This is my timeline..Cincinnati
Apr 23 2008 checks cashed
May 14 2008.. Finger printing for both me and my husband
Jul 10 2008..Interview for both of us
Aug 22 2008..My Oath ceremony :)

Congrats uscis123! I went to my interview yesterday (10/03/08) @ CIncinnati and I got the same "Passed Test" and "wait for a written decision in the mail" decision. I was heartbroken as my record is SUPER clean. No violations/citations, etc. I was also prepared with all documentations (orig & copy) but the IO did not ask any documents from me. He asked me if I have used any alias/names so I told him I did. I saw him wrote my other alias (LAST, FIRST, M.I.) which I forgot to include (stupid me!). Hope this is the only reason why I did not get my "Congratulations..." that day.

I am praying that my approval mail will come soon just like yours!

-----------------------
My Timeline:
Jul 14, 08 - Filed N-400
Jul 29, 08 - Confirmation
Aug 13, 08 - Fingerprint
Oct 3, 08 - Interview["Pass Test" and "Decision in the mail"] :confused:

WorriedGirl...you are worrying too much for nothing. Relax and enjoy your weekend!! You will get approved if case is straight forward. You will hear a good news soon!!

I realize that some members mention traffic tickets! Do they ask you about them at the interview? Do you need to get a clean driving record? My last ticekt was 4 years ago. Thanks

happy friday!!!

WorriedGirl...you are worrying too much for nothing. Relax and enjoy your weekend!! You will get approved if case is straight forward. You will hear a good news soon!!

You are right 2BUSCTZN. I was feeling blue the past week. Today I got my Oath Letter asking me to come to Cincinnati on Oct 17 @ 1pm. Hubby is very happy that I will stop pouting and will start cooking warm meals from now on...LOL...

-----------------------
My Timeline (Cincinnati):
Jul 14, 08 - Filed N-400
Jul 29, 08 - Confirmation
Aug 13, 08 - Fingerprint
Oct 03, 08 - Interview["Pass Test" and "Decision in the mail"]
Oct 10, 08 - Oath Letter
Oct 17, 08 - Oath Date @ 1pm :D

I realize that some members mention traffic tickets! Do they ask you about them at the interview? Do you need to get a clean driving record? My last ticekt was 4 years ago. Thanks

I wouldn't worry about it. the majority of the time the IO isn't interested in minor traffic tickets (and won't ask) , or your word under oath at interview that they have been paid is sufficient.

Hi,

When you applied for name change during naturalization in cincinnati, (i am kind of in the same boat)

1> did you get a court order for the name change,along with the naturalization certificate?
2> when did you get the court order indicating new and old name (during oath ceremony)?
3> did it delay your process
4>can we order additional copied from the court?
5>which court did you get the order from?

Thank you for the info.