Citizenship denied based on lack of good moral character

She was never asked to redo her finger prints but before her interview we got a letter from the immigration department that they were abandoning our application because we didn't have the finger printing done. We went to the local immigration office and showed them the proof. The IO updated the system and we were done. Why would they call her for the interview if they didn't have the finger prints?

Sounds like they may have missed it even though they told you they updated system.

I am not sure. I'll do a credit check but wouldn't credit and criminal records be different?
Yes, criminal records are different. But if you see that somebody stole her identity that might provide a clue as to what is going on, especially upon seeing what they did (creditwise) with the stolen identity, and help the police to track down the real criminal.

She was never asked to redo her finger prints but before her interview we got a letter from the immigration department that they were abandoning our application because we didn't have the finger printing done. We went to the local immigration office and showed them the proof. The IO updated the system and we were done. Why would they call her for the interview if they didn't have the finger prints?

Have you contaced the authorities in California to see just what kind of record they have under your mother's name? Not sure how long it takes in California, but in my state, it's can be done within 10 minutes.

Have you contaced the authorities in California to see just what kind of record they have under your mother's name? Not sure how long it takes in California, but in my state, it's can be done within 10 minutes.

I haven't. Who do I contact? Is this the police department or some other department. Can you please guide me?

Update - back from local office

I just got back from the local ins office. Apparently they have sent the file back to the national service center and now they have put a request to get it back when it reaches there. I spoke with the supervisor and since she didn't have the file in front of her she couldn't give me an answer on why the case has been denied.
But when she looked at the N-652 and the denial letter she felt that my concern was justified as the reasoning on the denial letter and the wr-822 (required documents to submit) were totally different.

My concern now is that the Immigration Officer I met 2 weeks ago had forgot to put in the request to get the file back. He took all our info again today but said that he could request it back only when the file reaches the nation service center office. He wants me to check back after 60 days.
Now is there a way I could make sure that he puts in the request?
I just don't want to go to the office after 60 days just to be told that he forgot to put in the request.

Has anyone had any luck writing to the local office and getting a response?

I just got back from the local ins office. Apparently they have sent the file back to the national service center and now they have put a request to get it back when it reaches there. I spoke with the supervisor and since she didn't have the file in front of her she couldn't give me an answer on why the case has been denied.
But when she looked at the N-652 and the denial letter she felt that my concern was justified as the reasoning on the denial letter and the wr-822 (required documents to submit) were totally different.

My concern now is that the Immigration Officer I met 2 weeks ago had forgot to put in the request to get the file back. He took all our info again today but said that he could request it back only when the file reaches the nation service center office. He wants me to check back after 60 days.
Now is there a way I could make sure that he puts in the request?
I just don't want to go to the office after 60 days just to be told that he forgot to put in the request.

Has anyone had any luck writing to the local office and getting a response?

You should have asked the IO for his telephone number or name so you could have called him or sent him a letter as a reminder. I have a feeling the IO may put the note he wrote somewhere and will not remember to check the system to see if your file has reached NRC. You may have to schedule an InfoPass in 30 or so days to check to see if a request was submitted. I know this is a hassle, but unfortunately, you are dealing with a backward organization and when your case falls through the cracks you have to continuously follow up for positive results.

You should have asked the IO for his telephone number or name so you could have called him or sent him a letter as a reminder. I have a feeling the IO may put the note he wrote somewhere and will not remember to check the system to see if your file has reached NRC. You may have to schedule an InfoPass in 30 or so days to check to see if a request was submitted. I know this is a hassle, but unfortunately, you are dealing with a backward organization and when your case falls through the cracks you have to continuously follow up for positive results.

I have a similar feeling. When I asked for a phone number he refused. I think I might have to call the NSC. I am planning to write to the congressman's office and request some help. Actually I was thinking of writing to the immigration office ans was wondering if there was a higher authority who actually handled such cases and would be kind enough to listen.

I have a similar feeling. When I asked for a phone number he refused. I think I might have to call the NSC. I am planning to write to the congressman's office and request some help. Actually I was thinking of writing to the immigration office ans was wondering if there was a higher authority who actually handled such cases and would be kind enough to listen.

my sister-in-law was in an almost exact same situation. fortunately, she talked to an immigration attorney and the matter was cleared up within 3 weeks. it appears that the uscis people work a lot faster if they know that you have an immigration attorney representing you. the attorney knew exactly which uscis dept/people to contact and which officers to talk to. the attorney was not free and the total bill came to almost $350, but i think it was money well spent.