Citizenship Certificate for my kids

My wife and I became US citizen a few years ago and got our citizenship certificates in an oath ceremony. Our two daughters who are still under the age of 18 got their passport through us. I am wondering if we need to apply for their citizenship certificate by filing N-600 once they turn 18 or would their passports be enough to establish their citizenship? Recently I filed the FAFSA form for one of my elder daughter and it came back with a warning that the Social security couldn't verify the citizenship status of her and that further documents are needed by the school's administration.

Passports are enough (though the more cautious of us prefer to have N600 done too). Did you go into the social security offices after you naturalized to update everyone's SSNs with the new status? - I’m guessing not if the school can’t verify through SSN?

Passports are enough (though the more cautious of us prefer to have N600 done too). Did you go into the social security offices after you naturalized to update everyone's SSNs with the new status? - I’m guessing not if the school can’t verify through SSN?
No, I didn't. I wasn't aware if that was needed but I now get it done soon. Thanks for the info.

No, I didn't. I wasn't aware if that was needed but I now get it done soon. Thanks for the info.

Ok, was it not in the “pack” that you got when you naturalized? It was listed in mine, and my interviewer also told me to do it - anyway yes it needs to be done. That will probably solve your problem faster and cheaper than applying for an N600!

Ok, was it not in the “pack” that you got when you naturalized? It was listed in mine, and my interviewer also told me to do it - anyway yes it needs to be done. That will probably solve your problem faster and cheaper than applying for an N600!
May be it was there but I didn't notice it. Thanks again!

FAFSA verification was a bit of a pain thing experience. My son was already over 18 which means he went through the naturalization experience and had his own naturalization certificate. He went into the SSA office in person to update his information and with his college. One year later applying for Grad studies, FAFSA returns a “unable to verify citizenship status” result - completely ridiculous considering the steps already taken!

Ok we only did Fafsa when my daughter was LPR - had no issues. Will watch to see what happens in the future...

Ok we only did Fafsa when my daughter was LPR - had no issues. Will watch to see what happens in the future...

His first FAFSA experience was also as a LPR, which a breeze, no issue what so ever. However, after updating his info as a USC with the SSA, the FAFSA application for Grad studies as a USC was the one that came back with status cannot be verified. Anyway, maybe that was a one-off experience.