doeralfie

Hi Everybody,

Apply for Citizenship:
November 12, 2016

Fingerprint:
April 20, 2017

Interview:
April 12, 2019

So I went to my interview on April 12 for my interview. It was easy but was given N-14 to bring in documents for my court Disposition, Arrest Records, Birth Certificate and take 3 passport photos. I’m worry because I was arrest ed in 2014 for Disorderly Conduct and Resisting Arrest. Than June of 2016 was arrested for Giving a false name and DOB. Finally December of 2016 was arrested for Disorderly Conduct and Obstructing of Officer. I was given 12 month of probation which I completed before I went to my interview. I became lawful permanent resident in 2014. These 3 things are my only criminal arrest.

What’s the likelihood of me passing?

Unlikely, in my layman's opinion.

3 arrests during the 5-year span in permanent resident status set off a number of alarm bells. Did you seek any legal opinion prior to submitting the n400 barely 5 months after an arrest? What charge led to the false name/DoB arrest?

3 arrests is not a big deal because it’s not intent to commit a violent crime. All 3 arrest was not intent to hurt anyone or government. The charge for false name/DOB was time serve. I became a permanent resident 1994 so that’s not a 5 year span. When I submitted the N-400 I only had 2 arrest which was both of Disorderly Conduct

You asked for an opinion, you got an opinion. Bottom line: you broke the law. USCIS is the final adjudicator of your eligibility.

The n400 asks for details during the 5 years prior to submission. Everything since November 2011 has to be listed, and every arrest EVER has to be disclosed. You are providing conflicting information, is it 2014 or 1994 since LPR?

3 arrests is not a big deal because it’s not intent to commit a violent crime. All 3 arrest was not intent to hurt anyone or government. The charge for false name/DOB was time serve. I became a permanent resident 1994 so that’s not a 5 year span. When I submitted the N-400 I only had 2 arrest which was both of Disorderly Conduct
..if you think it’s no big deal why are you asking?!

Are your dates correct - your interview only 2.5 years after you applied? Why so long?

If you had asked what are your chances before you went to the actual I interview I would've said 50 50. Irrelevant now! Moving on

Seeing that the IO gave you a N-14 to provide Court Disposition. Sounds like your chances just went up significantly. If you provide those documents sounds like an approval to me.

I was arrested a month before my interview. Told IO what happened and she said she would give me an approval recommendation but needed the court Disposition. I was given 30 days to get the court Disposition unfortunately I couldn't get it seeing that the arrest was recent and the case was still pending. So get those documents to them.

He/she can't give you an approval recommendation without the court dispositions for your file then the supervisor has to sign off on it.

How would you say the interview went? Good/bad?

Think of it this way, you would've just been denied that day. If he or she wanted to deny you. Why waste their time and yours by asking you to provide documents just to deny you anyway?

For future posters their is a list of stuff to walk with USCIS sends with your interview letter
. Whichever applies to you walk with it,saves you time from having to provide more documents and makes your process smooth.

I'm not quite so sure about the odds of approval increasing as mentioned above. The IO did not have access to the court records of the 2 arrests on the n400, and the additional arrest mentioned at the interview. The N-14 could be for all records to become part of file and may still lead to a denial.

I’m asking because my 3 arrest was not “Crime of Moral Turpitude.” And not malicious intent. Yes my interview took long because Atlanta Office is ridiculous and it’s a big state.

You asked for an opinion, you got an opinion. Bottom line: you broke the law. USCIS is the final adjudicator of your eligibility.

The n400 asks for details during the 5 years prior to submission. Everything since November 2011 has to be listed, and every arrest EVER has to be disclosed. You are providing conflicting information, is it 2014 or 1994 since LPR?

1994 when I became Lawful Permanent Resident. It was a typing error. I apply November of 2016. Every arrest was disclose at the interview. 2014 arrest was “Stet” no charges file. Both 2016 arrest was a mistake. All 3 arrest was not “Crime of Moral Turpitude”

I'm not quite so sure about the odds of approval increasing as mentioned above. The IO did not have access to the court records of the 2 arrests on the n400, and the additional arrest mentioned at the interview. The N-14 could be for all records to become part of file and may still lead to a denial.

All arrest was disclose at the interview with final court disposition.

Yes th
If you had asked what are your chances before you went to the actual I interview I would've said 50 50. Irrelevant now! Moving on

Seeing that the IO gave you a N-14 to provide Court Disposition. Sounds like your chances just went up significantly. If you provide those documents sounds like an approval to me.

I was arrested a month before my interview. Told IO what happened and she said she would give me an approval recommendation but needed the court Disposition. I was given 30 days to get the court Disposition unfortunately I couldn't get it seeing that the arrest was recent and the case was still pending. So get those documents to them.

He/she can't give you an approval recommendation without the court dispositions for your file then the supervisor has to sign off on it.

How would you say the interview went? Good/bad?

Think of it this way, you would've just been denied that day. If he or she wanted to deny you. Why waste their time and yours by asking you to provide documents just to deny you anyway?

For future posters their is a list of stuff to walk with USCIS sends with your interview letter
. Whichever applies to you walk with it,saves you time from having to provide more documents and makes your process smooth.

Yes that’s what I said. Interview went good. Because my file took so long she just needed to update information. The interview is to update anything that’s on your application. I mail in my court disposition and arrest records from my 3 arrest certified mail. She just wants to see if my case is still pending or my probation is over. I send all that in. Now just waiting for a response.