Citizenship application difficulty

Jerry2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I saw lots of people got approved fast. Congrats to them. I want to start this thread to discuss cases having some difficulty.

I had interview on June 5. During interview, IO told me that my fingerprint was rejected twice and asked for police clearance from state police in 30 days. He is also requesting my immigration materials from Vermont processing center. What is going on here? Don't they have my immigration materials before interview already?

Guys, please post your difficult story here so that we can help each other.

Thank.

JX

He has asked for your A-file from VSC. Ideally it should have arrived before your N-400 interview. However, it did not. It happens every now and then.

He is also requesting my immigration materials from Vermont processing center. What is going on here? Don't they have my immigration materials before interview already?

Hi,

I saw lots of people got approved fast. Congrats to them. I want to start this thread to discuss cases having some difficulty.

Thank.

JX

You could start by posting your timeline...

Hi,

I had interview on June 5. During interview, IO told me that my fingerprint was rejected twice and asked for police clearance from state police in 30 days. He is also requesting my immigration materials from Vermont processing center. What is going on here? Don't they have my immigration materials before interview already?

Thank.

JX

Your FP was rejected due to poor quality. You'll have to get police report from where you lived during the last 5 years.
As for materials from VT, most likely your immigration history case files that haven't made it to DO yet.

Ironic how they only give you 30 days to provide police report, whereas they are not bounded by such time restraint when waiting for file to arrive from VT.

Your FP was rejected due to poor quality.

Bob,

When I recently had my FP done in Phx, the woman validated them all before signing my paper. She had to redo my left pinkie three times but it was finally accepted. Why would that not have been done with the OP?

When I say validated, I do not just mean after each scan if the "Accept" or "Reject" box lit up. After that she went through each print and processed the detail.

I can't see how FPs could be rejected after that. Maybe the OP can get yet another FP appointment and get it done right.

Bob,

When I recently had my FP done in Phx, the woman validated them all before signing my paper. She had to redo my left pinkie three times but it was finally accepted. Why would that not have been done with the OP?

When I say validated, I do not just mean after each scan if the "Accept" or "Reject" box lit up. After that she went through each print and processed the detail.

I can't see how FPs could be rejected after that. Maybe the OP can get yet another FP appointment and get it done right.

It really depends on FP technician. Some just take prints and send them off to FBI, whereas others take time to look at quality and retry, and even do old style manual prints if needed. If they are rejected twice by FBI then USCIS will request police records.