Child Support Documents

Avalon

Registered Users (C)
What document I need to provide to show as a proof of paying Child Support?

I have Bank Statements that I can show. In that case, how many months do I need to go back to show as a proof of payment?

Do I have to attach these documents along with N-400 or can I just bring it along with me at the time of interview?

Thanks.

History

Thank you Bobsmyth. But how far this history should go? Also, do I have to submit this at the time of filing N-400 or bring it with me at the time of interview?

Thanks.

Thank you Bobsmyth. But how far this history should go? Also, do I have to submit this at the time of filing N-400 or bring it with me at the time of interview?

Thanks.

You should provide sufficient evidence to show a history of payment. For example, if you were ordered to pay child support in 2009, you should expect to show a payment history trail from that time until the time of application.

Bring the evidence to the interview.

Child Support History

I have evidence of Child Support. Some in the form of bank statements. At other times, when there was no bank statement available, it is in the form of an affidavit from the Child's Mother.

Court document and/or payment agreement along with history of regular payment of child support.

Do you have a court order or a mutual agreement? I have the latter and per the instructions on N400, I sent a sworn letter from my son's mom with my application stating I've paid and continue to do so per mutual agreement.
Officer saw the letter at interview and said "good".

If you need a hand on how to type it, let me know and I can send you my draft.

If it's court ordered, I'm pretty sure I saw what to send on the "document checklist" provided by USCIS.

Mutual Agreement

Thanks X3-T for offering to help me with the draft of Mutual Agreement. Please send me through the Private Message on this board. Thanks again.

If you need a hand on how to type it, let me know and I can send you my draft....

Hi X3-T,

I am also in same situation. Can you send me the draft via PM to me? Thanks!
I will need to take it with me to the interview (am still waiting for it to get scheduled)

Affidavit of Child Support

Here you go guys, I'll post it here so it can help others in the future. (you can modify as needed according to your specific case)

SWORN STATEMENT​

I, _________________________, RESIDENT OF _________COUNTY, STATE OF ______________; CERTIFY THAT ________________________ ALSO RESIDENT OF _____________COUNTY, HAS PROVIDED AND CONTINUES TO DO SO, MONETARY SUPPORT FOR THE CARE OF OUR SON _________________________ AS MUTUALLY AGREED AND STIPULATED ON THE DIVORCE DECREE DATED SEPTEMBER ________ OF ______.

I certify, under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America, that the foregoing is true and correct. I understand that information contained in or pertaining to any application shall not be disclosed without my written consent, except as permitted by law or at the discretion of the Secretary of Homeland Security.

Printed name: _______________________(Mother)

Signature: __________________________

ID: ________________________________

Sworn/Affirmed and signed under penalty of perjury on this __________day of

______________________, _______________.

Sworn and signed before me: ______________________(Witness)

Signature of Witness: ____________________________

ID of witness: ________________________________________