Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

vipinia said:
hi guys
mine labor filled from oh in 2001.now i am getting good offer from other company. now i have question ? if i join that company. what will happen to my current labor. can i carry this with new company. because one of my friend told me that u can carry this labor if labor is filled from previous company is more than one year . now can any focus on this. is that possible?what is correct way and if itis true how is works ?
thanks in advance..

My advice is to do what is right in your situation. If you are in your initial 3 years of H1B, then you have sufficient time to restart the process. Especially PERM is coming and so on. Because you don't want to stay in a company just for GC especiallu when you have time and offer seems to be good. So nothing wrong in exploring the option.

But if you are in your 5+ years, then its nothing but suicide. Because you don't want to change your employer for few thousand dollar and causing trouble for your 7th year extension. Just think about it and consult your friends. Good luck!

PERM question

My case was filed as RIR - EB3 in October 2003 from IL.
1. I have Masters and have around 7 years of exp. As per my qualification can I re-file under EB2 in PERM, Could anyone please let me know whether I have to withdraw the orginal application in order to file under PERM as EB2?

2. If I have to withdraw the orginal application and incase if there is any rejection in PERM, Can I apply for 7th year H1-extension as my 6 years of H1 is going to expire in June 2006.

3. Is there anyway that I can apply under EB2-PERM and keep my original EB3-RIR?

I would appreciate your valuable reply to the above questions so that I can decide on going to PERM processing under EB2.

Thanks

Listen all you guys,this thread is for CHICAGO REGIONAL labor, not for all your questions and answers regd. labor filing - there are seperate forums and threads for this - please go check on that and don't be lazy by just posting it the first thread u came across - I also request others not to answer these questions since it becomes a domino effect sort of

puhrince said:
Listen all you guys,this thread is for CHICAGO REGIONAL labor, not for all your questions and answers regd. labor filing - there are seperate forums and threads for this - please go check on that and don't be lazy by just posting it the first thread u came across - I also request others not to answer these questions since it becomes a domino effect sort of
as my case is pending in Chicago Region , I have posted this question in this thread. You don't have to be rude on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
little math

Hi,

I am following all the forums, to my understanding

1. There are around 200 people working in both the BRC's for clearing the cases.
2. BRC's will take 24 months to 30 months from the date PERM is implemented(approx working days are 600)
3. Total applications to be cleared are 300,000.

lets do a little math now, the numbers may be approx.

Total work days = people working * days
200 * 600 days = 120000 work days.

# or applications to be cleared per person per day to finish the backlog is = total applications / #work days
300000/120000 = 2.5 apps. per day

So if each person clears approx 3 applications, definately they can finish the backlog in 2 years.

If they choose to clear the regional first, not touching state apps.
40000 / 2.5 * 200 = 80 days.
So from the date of implementing the PERM in 80 working days the regional cases should be cleared.

if half the resources are being used for data entry then in 160 working days the regional cases should be cleared. or each person has to clear 5 apps. per day to complete in 80 days.

Do you all think clearing 5/6 cases per days per person is that difficult, keeping the consideration all the factors?

What do you say?

Hi Prv2prv,

thats interesting information and good calculation.

Do you think they will clear regional first? Is it just a guess or did you read it any where ?

pvr2pvr said:
Hi,

I am following all the forums, to my understanding

1. There are around 200 people working in both the BRC's for clearing the cases.
2. BRC's will take 24 months to 30 months from the date PERM is implemented(approx working days are 600)
3. Total applications to be cleared are 300,000.

lets do a little math now, the numbers may be approx.

Total work days = people working * days
200 * 600 days = 120000 work days.

# or applications to be cleared per person per day to finish the backlog is = total applications / #work days
300000/120000 = 2.5 apps. per day

So if each person clears approx 3 applications, definately they can finish the backlog in 2 years.

If they choose to clear the regional first, not touching state apps.
40000 / 2.5 * 200 = 80 days.
So from the date of implementing the PERM in 80 working days the regional cases should be cleared.

if half the resources are being used for data entry then in 160 working days the regional cases should be cleared. or each person has to clear 5 apps. per day to complete in 80 days.

Do you all think clearing 5/6 cases per days per person is that difficult, keeping the consideration all the factors?

What do you say?

What about THOUSANDS of RFEs which will be issued by the BECs before they approve /decline all the cases?

It read in the forums and immigration sites., regional cases will be given priority, that doesn't mean that they will ignore state cases, but as of now, most of the regional cases data is being entered in to the system and 45 days letters are being generated.

I didn't hear any of that to state. So it is not a/my guess, but it is to my knowledge.

gth999 said:
Hi Prv2prv,

thats interesting information and good calculation.

Do you think they will clear regional first? Is it just a guess or did you read it any where ?

Master Tracker

Hello all,

I am trying to create a master tracker that will help all of us determine where we all fall in the BEC queue.

My goal is to consolidate into a single tracker all pending labor certifications from all STATES and all DOLs.

This will help us in the long run to better understand how BECs will be processing our cases.

I have attached an empty tracker. I will return next Friday, February 11 to “pick it up”.

At that time I will merge all sub-trackers into a single one and post it in the DOL forums section.

I hope you find value in doing this and participate. If your forum has a tracker already, it would be great if someone volunteers and populates the tracker I have posted.

Since it will be hard for me to check all forums next week, if you have any questions, please send me a Private Message.

Thank you for your help

JustWatching

little math for YOU

On OCT 29th Murthy.com
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_doltra.html

Approx around this date, it was said BEC is in a process of receiving the regional cases from CA, (assume that, if the BEC received the applications immediately and started the processing on NOV 11th). It also specified that each BEC is staffed with 100 contract workers and 30/40 federal employees. Take roughly 100 each BEC. Total is 200.

On JAN 28th Murthy.com (meeting took place on 11th Jan)
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_higper.html

It is said; to date they have issued 26,000 45 day letters. This means
(I am assuming the NOV 11 and JAN 11 for easy calculation purpose)
Total working days are approx 2 months Nov 11 to Jan 11. Approx working days are 40

Total work days: 40 * 200 = 8000 work days.

Data entry was done and 45 day letters were sent to 26,000 applications. This means

Applications worked per day: 26000/8000 = 3.5 apps per day per person

They achieved this during the peak holiday season, with the new software, training employees and correcting the bugs in the new software etc. Don't you think they can do a better job now? I am not gaining any thing supporting the BEC; I am also just like you, waiting for my labor to be approved.

On JAN 28th Murthy.com (meeting took place on 11th Jan)
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_higper.html

In this news it is also specified that each BEC will have 200 contract workers + federal employees (approx 30/40). So assume that BEC's will have 400 people working together on the cases. (May be they will achieve this 400 employees target by March 28th. as Icarus said there are only 109 at Dallas)

So again you do the little math. Work is doubled(next step adjudcation, from march 28th), people are also doubled, what could be the per day applications cleared per person?? I am little poor in math, please post your response!!!

If “satellite” offices also clear the cases, can it help per day work output?
Your comments or responses will help every one in the forums.

Yeahh, there will be RFE’s to lot of cases, there will be no response to 45 day letters due to various reasons…that is all the better part.

Regards
RD Chicago July 2004

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont' have the letter with me. But it came to the attorney and apparently it says Mar 18 deadline to reply. My employer has to sign it and send it back.

Congrats, you are the first Chicago Regional guy who got the letter in this forum.

jhjjsbb said:
Dont' have the letter with me. But it came to the attorney and apparently it says Mar 18 deadline to reply. My employer has to sign it and send it back.

There are tons of people here who did not get the letter. We should all get the letters in the weeks to follow.

gth999 said:
MY RD is APR 04 I did not get any letter :( so far

Does anybody received any news from Chicago NPC regarding cases after nov. 2004 that were not sent to BEC? My case is being processed now at SESA (PD feb 2004). I spoke to the lady last week. Did anybody know if Chicago NPC is working or waiting until march to sent these last cases to BEC?