Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

irinastaicu said:
Does anybody received any news from Chicago NPC regarding cases after nov. 2004 that were not sent to BEC? My case is being processed now at SESA (PD feb 2004). I spoke to the lady last week. Did anybody know if Chicago NPC is working or waiting until march to sent these last cases to BEC?

As per my knowledge NPC will only work on new cases filed after March 28 under PERM. All the cases filed before that will got to BEC. If your case has not been sent to the BEC yet it will ultimately land up in the BEC someday.

Good Luck.

question

hello irinastaicu and all..

what is the ph. no. to use for talking to the lady for tracking the LCA ?

Thanks

The SESA phone number from Chicago is 312 793 6831. I also called right now the Chicago NPC center and I was told that cases received after 01/01.05 will be sent to BEC. She mentioned that cases that are currently in Chicago NPC would be processed there. ( cases not sent yet to BEC and received before jan 2005).I do not know weather to belive or not;somebody else may try to call; you should try a few times until you get somebody.

irinastaicu
You are right. cases that are currently in Chicago NPC would be processed there. ( cases not sent yet to BEC ). But we don't know if they are working on these cases or will wait years before deciding to send them back to BEC.

A Question about I-140 linked to Chicago DOL

Guys,

I was thinking that since Chicago DOL is not even processing labour since Dec 2003. So most likely I-140 will also not be filed at Nebraska except barring few cases who's labour must have been cleared before Dec 2003 and they delayed in filing I-140 for personal reasons.

But, I checked Nebraska tracker , and I see lots of folks have filed I-140 starting Jan-2004 to Till Date. How is that possible??

I was hoping that once our labour gets cleared from BEC, we may be have to wait less time for I-140. But seems not, thier is pains every where in the each and every step of the GC process.

"GOD", help me.

Thanks,
Kanjoos

irinastaicu said:
Does anybody received any news from Chicago NPC regarding cases after nov. 2004 that were not sent to BEC? My case is being processed now at SESA (PD feb 2004). I spoke to the lady last week. Did anybody know if Chicago NPC is working or waiting until march to sent these last cases to BEC?

Looks like Chicago is not going to process any cases received before March 28, 05. All of them will got to BECs.

source: www.immigration-law.com

01/28/2005: Michigan SWA Notification of Alien Labor Certification Processing Change

* Michigan SWA has sent out notification to the alien labor certification filers and customers regarding the ongoing procedural change in handling alien labor certification application in the office. The SWA advises that until March 28, 2005, people should keep filing labor certification application with the SWA, and the SWA is transferring the applications to the Dallas Backlog Processing Center. This letter implies that the cases which are filed at the SWAs in the jurisdiction of former Chicago Region V are not forwarded to the National Processing Center in Chicago but to the Dallas Backlog Center.

Chicago Labor Approved for RD 1/2004 case.

Guys, One of my colleague got approved labor from Chicago Region. EB3 - Regular
PD - 9/2003 MN
Rd - 1/2004 Chicago DOL
Labor Approved 2/2/2005

Did any one got any of these surprises !!!! Please Share....

Priority date for 485 to progress for EB-3

EB-3 Professional/Skilled Workers for India, China, and Philippines will progress to 03/01/2002! (Source : immigration-law.com)

(Some progression is better than no progression )

What a pity..!!!

What a Pity...!!! In USA, we (all H1B guys) have come to a stage where our technical expertise cannot be challenged by most of the people in the world. On the other hand, today, we are "very happy" by seeing our Green Card labor application moving forward just two months instead of getting approved long, long back by these screwed up DOL guys.

What a pity..???

BRC_letter Received

Hey all,

This is a piece of update from my end. Hopefully this will help atleast some people.

Today, I was informed by my attorney that they received a letter from the BEC for an intent of continuation. They responded promptly and lets wait and see what happens.

I will post details about the contents once I receive the actual copy from my attorney which should be a day or two.

Good Luck ppl.

Thanks for the update. This does help a lot.

cincidude said:
Hey all,

This is a piece of update from my end. Hopefully this will help atleast some people.

Today, I was informed by my attorney that they received a letter from the BEC for an intent of continuation. They responded promptly and lets wait and see what happens.

I will post details about the contents once I receive the actual copy from my attorney which should be a day or two.

Good Luck ppl.

How to find if case moved to BRC

Hello All
I applied for my labor from Chicago(Illinois) in January 2004 and state got cleared in September and case move to regional office of Chicago during september 2004. Is there any way now to find the update on my case.
I have the case number with me but since Chicago regional moved from december 2003 to November 2004 i assume all the cases that were received before november will be transferred to BRC(Backlog Reduction Center) at Dallas. But how long will it take before someone gets the 45 day letter to the employer. Is it also random and will lawyer be able to provide the updates if our case got moved to BRC successfully.
I shall appreciate if anyone can provide me details.

puhrince said:
to find your case # in DOL after it has moved from SESA level, call 312.596.5400 , press 4 to speak to someone and give your details
This number is now 312-886-8000 to get information on case no. etc

Hey cincidude,
Could you please post your new case number, just the first 6 characters. My case number is D-05006-11XXX. That will give me an estimate of when I can expect the 45 day letter from Dallas BEC.

Thanks.

cincidude said:
Hey all,

Good Luck ppl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you guys please let me know if i call the below number 312-886-8000 at Chicago will they be able to tell if my case moved from Chicago regional centre to BEC(Backlog reduction center). My case received DOL Chicago on September 7, 2004 and now the processing time shows they are processing novmber 2004 cases and i assume all the case which reached before November got moved to BEC. If so how do we get the latest information about the case?? If we call on our own at this number 312-886-8000 will they be able to tell where our case is currently?? I shall appreciate if someone can let me know the details about it.

Yes

soori14 said:
Can you guys please let me know if i call the below number 312-886-8000 at Chicago will they be able to tell if my case moved from Chicago regional centre to BEC(Backlog reduction center). My case received DOL Chicago on September 7, 2004 and now the processing time shows they are processing novmber 2004 cases and i assume all the case which reached before November got moved to BEC. If so how do we get the latest information about the case?? If we call on our own at this number 312-886-8000 will they be able to tell where our case is currently?? I shall appreciate if someone can let me know the details about it.

rp1975 said:
Hey cincidude,
Could you please post your new case number, just the first 6 characters. My case number is D-05006-11XXX. That will give me an estimate of when I can expect the 45 day letter from Dallas BEC.

Thanks.

Hey RP,

How did you find the new case number. I called the 312-xxx-8000 number and the operator said there was no new case number and just gave me my Chicago regional number which I already knew.

Let me know how and I will definitely post it when I get to know mine.

Cheers!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My case number

I got my case number from DLFC but not 45 day letter( Well atleast as far as I know... I might need to contact my attorney soon)

DLFC # D-05012-19XXX
PD : 12/2002
DOL: 02/11/2004
State: MI
Regional : Chicago

If that helps.... Also thanks to the person who posted this email address for enquring about the case number.