Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

puhrince said:
kgp,are u new to this forum? bcos u seem to be surprised that your labor is taking so long - everybody else is in the same situation as you
because his case is 2002. We are having people who have the date either 2003 or 2004. This is the first time I am seeing a person who has Dec 2002 RD and it seems to be RIR. Are you sure it is RIR? If so this is strange.

kgp, why did't you follow up when you were hearing news about 2003 applications getting processed?

lateguy,i don't understand - which 2003 cases are being processed?? they are all in BEC right now including Dec 02 cases..the only thing which is different in kgp's case is that his case is still in the DOL and not in the BEC..

lateguy said:
because his case is 2002. We are having people who have the date either 2003 or 2004. This is the first time I am seeing a person who has Dec 2002 RD and it seems to be RIR. Are you sure it is RIR? If so this is strange.

kgp, why did't you follow up when you were hearing news about 2003 applications getting processed?

puhrince,
kpg is takling about Dec 02 RIR from chicago......there were so many cases that were certified after that till Nov 03 in RIR......the processing in chicago stopeed in Dec 03 for RIR....
Yes its is strange about kpg case!!!!

oh ok!! now i get it - for some reason i kept going back to the PD! sorry about that..well kgp has got 3 NOF's which means there is some problem with his case..
kgp,whats your job profile and what was said in the NOF's? and how come u didnt inquire into your delay all this while?

Software Engineer. Masters Degree in Engineering, 10 years of experience and working for a company with more than 350,000 employees.

All 3 NOF were for details of Layoffs. Company replied to all 3 with all details.

I don't know whats the problem with DOL.

Chicago to Dallas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just talked to a representative at Chicago DOL. She took my case number and told me that the case is transferred to Dallas center. I called Dallas center just to see what they say. The rep at Dallas said " Unfortunately I cannot give you the details about your case. Please ask your attorney or employer to call us".
Sent a note to attroney asking her to call Dallas center. Lets hope if she hears anything.

Dallas center phone # 2142379111
Chicago Center # 3128868000 (There is NO use calling at this number)

Just wanted to give an update to supress my curiosity...

Chicago-case
RD: Feb11,04

Also Guys.... lets keep the other thread "Chicago DOL cases sent to BEC" active......

My CASE MOVED TO CHICAGO DOL on Ja 13th 2005

Hi,
My case moved to Chicago DOL On Jan 13th 2005.
SESA : IOWA Filed on March 2004

It is RIR case.
Will this case moved to Backlog Eliminitation Center or Reguar center ?

Now Website is showing Chicago DOL
is Processing NOvember 2004.

I think your case is definitely moved to Dallas BEC. If you want to confirm call Chicago NPC: 312-886-8000

gc_reddy said:
Hi,

It is RIR case.

gc_reddy said:
Hi,

It is RIR case.

Actually it will be very interesting to know the faith of your case. There was some memo or transition guide, which stated that if a case is opened in SESA before Dec 31 2004, but approved after Jan 1 2005 it should go next to one of the two NPC (NPC Chicago in your case), not DOL or BEC. Please, call NPC Chicago to confirm and update the forum after that.

Eli

estoykova said:
Actually it will be very interesting to know the faith of your case. There was some memo or transition guide, which stated that if a case is opened in SESA before Dec 31 2004, but approved after Jan 1 2005 it should go next to one of the two NPC (NPC Chicago in your case), not DOL or BEC. Please, call NPC Chicago to confirm and update the forum after that.

Eli

The memo you are tlaking about was published before PERM was approved. I think now that PERM is being impelmented at the NPCs all the pending cases will go to the BECs.

backlog cases update

Chicago and Atlanta Regions Cases:
These cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers later and currently being data-entried. Once the data entry is completed, letters will be sent out the applicants as it did with the Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions cases.
* The cases which were transferred from the SWA (state offices) are at the stage of data entry. Once data entry is completed, the same steps will be taken as described above.

# Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!

RIR in proceess, can apply for PERM thru another employer??

My husband's RIR case is with Dallas BEC.
Meanwhile, he has had another job offer. Our lawyer just quit the firm and we are in the process of getting a new one assigned to our case.
My question is, is it possible to apply via PERM with the new employer and leave the RIR case as it is....??

Any input will be appreciated.
TIA

Yes, you can apply the LC from the new employer and keep the RIR case if the employer is willing to do it.

Twingle said:
My husband's RIR case is with Dallas BEC.
Meanwhile, he has had another job offer. Our lawyer just quit the firm and we are in the process of getting a new one assigned to our case.
My question is, is it possible to apply via PERM with the new employer and leave the RIR case as it is....??

Any input will be appreciated.
TIA

45 day letter ?

Hi Guys,

Anyone from Chicago DOL recieved the 45-day letter yet ?

Please update / check with your lawyer(s), i have been doing the same...it seems that cases will be processed (and approved) based on the FIFO date as per the lawyers response....i read this in the Dallas Forum as well as few others....you can check there too...

Update everyone for the welfare of all.

Goodluck to everyone and God bless!!

Not received a letter from DOL

I have not received the letter from DOL informing about moving my case to BEC.

State: 09/02/2003
DOL Moved: 03/11/2004

Dallas Bec

An Update.....

My attroney called the Backlog Center and they will not provide an update to attorneys either. They have specifically requested that we do not contact them for status requests, as it is taking away limited resources which need to be used to enter and process applications. Once they have received an application from another office, they enter it, assign a new case number, and then issue a continuation letter asking us to confirm that we would like to continue with the application. Once this letter is returned, the application will be processed in order of the date that the application was first filed with the state. All applications will be processed on a first in first out basis, so those applications that have been pending longest will be processed first.

To Puhrince and others

My LC case has been transferred to Dallas BEC from CDOL, RD 12/22/2003

I'm in discussion with another consulting company, who says they have an approved LC and Approved 140 - EB3 (Original LC filing date before Jan'2002)
and they could use that for me to file I-485 if I join them...

Could anyone advise if this is possible, My doubts are:

1. Can I use a pre-approved I-140 ?
2. I can use a pre-approved LC but can I make use of the PD of this LC to
file I-485?

thanks guys

1. No - to my knowledge,you will have to file I-140 for yourself,LC is company based
2. Yes

On the other hand,if u file for CP instead of I-485,you can get your I-140 approved within 2 months

gogia said:
My LC case has been transferred to Dallas BEC from CDOL, RD 12/22/2003

I'm in discussion with another consulting company, who says they have an approved LC and Approved 140 - EB3 (Original LC filing date before Jan'2002)
and they could use that for me to file I-485 if I join them...

Could anyone advise if this is possible, My doubts are:

1. Can I use a pre-approved I-140 ?
2. I can use a pre-approved LC but can I make use of the PD of this LC to
file I-485?

thanks guys