Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The document on BRC is good. August 20th was the deadline for BRC. Has anyone heard or has any updates on this.

julsun said:
metaman, problem is that Canada does not have as a good a labor market as US. I know some folks who have been working in Canada for a while now, and none of them have good feedback about Canada.

Hi Guys,

There is a lot of talk to apply for Canadian immigration. I think people should evaluate on case to case basis. The Canadian job market in general, is very dismal. I am not sure about the IT market, but again it might be nothing worthwhile to write home about. The size of the economy is miniature, as compared to the US. If you plan to have Canada as an alternative, I suggest considerable research be done for jobs in your field.

Otherwise, it is a great country with friendly people.

Higcoptimist

I Agree with higco...in fact, if all people are looking for is more money and want to opt out...i would think India would be the best place...no more struggling after any immigration ...not probs about growth..no layoffs (as of now, 2000 was bad...)...

I mean, if someone is so frustrated...india wud be best option..after US..as of now...atleast.

....my 2 cents..

Hi Kanjoos

spidey said:
Hey Kanjoos,

Those are all excellent questions.

I don't think you're screwed necessarily, but you should definitely talk to your lawyer. I do believe that you want to put your wife's name on the 485 application, what I don't know is if you have the ability to amend the application once it's in the queue. I suspect you cant.

I do know that if you're on a Green Card, and your wife is not, it is difficult to get her here. Only can do if you get her on a F1 or something like that. Getting a GC for your wife if you are a GC holder is another mess. A friend of mine had to pretty much wait for over a year while he "downgraded" from a Green Card to Citizenship, and it's not over yet because although he's now a Citizen, his wife has not been called for an interview yet... so a year later he's still waiting, she's still not with him here.. This won't even be an option for you because of the 5 year wait rule before you can downgrade to citizenship...

Kanjoos,

what I heard from friends was, We can add your spouses name in the I485 at a later stage also but only upto certain stage. But they have to travel only on H4 visa. Once they are here then you should be able to apply for it. Best bet would be apply for your H1b visa revalidation seperately and then after you reach here ask her to go for stamping. any way the risk factor is there. I would suggest you to discuss with your attorney.

Note: I'm just another forum memebers like you and not an attorney/... And act as per your attorney's advice. You guys no the legal discalimer.... You know I donot want to be responsible for any of these ....Blahblah

I hate to continue the Canadian debate on this thread , but I see Canada as a good alternative to USA for plenty of reasons. Canadian economy is smaller than USA and so is Finnish and Swiss economy. What counts is the quality of life and Canada has been first for six straight years and this year its at #2 (UN). Being a liberal myself, I allign more with Canadian way of life. Wisconsin or Ontario , what difference does that make? Social programms are great in Canada including provincial health care. Ofcourse I want to reiterate that Canada is a back-up, but I think its a darn good one, nothing comparable to India on all levels. Take a trip, call your friends or relatives in Canada and visit some Canadian forums. You do not have anything to loose.

metaman,consider australia too..u get PR in 5 months,plus side is you are just one flight away from india..and on top of that,awesome weather : )

kothari ur right..also i noticed a tracker for chicago dol on the main page..wonder why its being done for chicago only?

puhrince ,
I considered Australia and NewZealand and finally obtained PR from Canada. Now Iam not stressed at all, if I dont get US labor cert, I will move to Toronto with my job (my company has a branch in Toronto).
Hope this helps!!

well i don't want to go to an even colder place..if i leave midwest,its got to be where the sun shines all year - down south or down under or apna des : )

why??

Why all this talks about Canada/Australia/New Zealand PR ?

Why has everyone given their hopes about Chi town???

Pppl.......i know its taking time and i am very much frustrated like everyone else, but lets keep our hopes togather and not to confuse/frustrate ourselves more....

Someday........we will get through this........we came a long way......little more patience wouldnt hurt anymore now...

Cheers everyone.

And lets not make this forum more bigger and bigger day by day By discussing irrelevant issues here. Please create another forum/Thread for different issues.
Don't increase our frustraions. Go where ever you want CANADA/AUS/Desh/.Vedesh/...../Hell :( :mad: :mad:

Scary Truth and need an advice!

Hi Friends,
I recently joined these forums, I am very new in GC area. I never thought of this much trouble and hell frustrating slow processing. I have already finished my 2 years on working under H1B status. My employer has filed State labor from MI few months' back. Though they don’t provide good salary or benefits I was planning to survive till I can get the GC in hand, but now after knowing the truth I doubt if my decision to just wait for CG by working under tight earning for 4-5 years will be worth? :confused:

Till now I kept on avoiding better opportunities just for the CG. Even working since last 2 years with them my employer doesn't care to revise my compensation and benefits. This really frustrates me I kept on improving my skills and work so hard but they don’t care. :mad: Now I came to know about the Chicago/MI State labor situation and many hurdles afterward, I feel like hell disappointed and rethinking if I am wasting my time with sticking to CG candy and spoiling my career / financial growth.

I am sharing my situation among you all, as I am willing to seek some advice, what a person should do in this situation? Is it wise to wait for GC and without getting a deserving compensation from employer?

I am sure many of you might have faced the situation like me.
Any piece of advice will help.

Thanks a lot,

Joining the bandwagon

Hi all,
I am a silent observer of this forum.My paper moved to chicago DOl on aug3, 2004.Originally filed from MI(PD Jul 7, 03).

To :Manav

My suggestion would be to find another job, u still have lots of time on GC, if ur wage is less than prevailing wage, u would have problems getting LC thru.

Manav Kumar said:
Hi Friends,
I recently joined these forums, I am very new in GC area. I never thought of this much trouble and hell frustrating slow processing. I have already finished my 2 years on working under H1B status. My employer has filed State labor from MI few months' back. Though they don’t provide good salary or benefits I was planning to survive till I can get the GC in hand, but now after knowing the truth I doubt if my decision to just wait for CG by working under tight earning for 4-5 years will be worth? :confused:

Till now I kept on avoiding better opportunities just for the CG. Even working since last 2 years with them my employer doesn't care to revise my compensation and benefits. This really frustrates me I kept on improving my skills and work so hard but they don’t care. :mad: Now I came to know about the Chicago/MI State labor situation and many hurdles afterward, I feel like hell disappointed and rethinking if I am wasting my time with sticking to CG candy and spoiling my career / financial growth.

I am sharing my situation among you all, as I am willing to seek some advice, what a person should do in this situation? Is it wise to wait for GC and without getting a deserving compensation from employer?

Thanks a lot,

You got to be kidding. Go man go and find another job... you have LOT of time. Even people like me who have couple of months to complete our 6 years are optimistic that we will have our process done.. Are we not giving you HOPE? The GC process is very frustrating as you know already. You don't want one other thing haunt your life while your GC is taking up that level substantially. You will have atleast one less thing to worry about.

Don't even waste your time thanking people for their advices. Go and find a job. Good Luck to you my friend.

Manav Kumar said:
Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot,

I think you are just like me :). I have joined a company based in NJ in 2001. I have been with them ever since only for GC, and passing on all other good offers. As of now, I am approaching 6 years, and I still dont have my Labor approved. This company has been able to find me long term projects, and they give good pay too. But, I have seen some of my friends jumping companies to get faster GC. They have been more successful than me. Most of them got GC, commanding more salaries than me, and their wives working etc etc. I often feel like a stupid. Wakeup and go find a company which will get you GC faster. Stability and increments are by-products of GC. So, take me as an example. Don't run after stable good companies, just run after GC. Stability is automatically taken care of.

Any new Update on CHIC-DOL?

Did anyone recently inquire about new cases? Did they start processing new ones? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.