Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ucnair,

Thanks for the number. It works and lady was so nice. She spend 15 minutes to search my application but unfortunately she could not found my application means they have not received. Do you know which address should my emplyer has to send the application? I think he posted to wrong address.

Thanks

DOL chicago

HI Iam a new user here and My case has been moved to DOL in november.So can anyone tell me the phone number i can get more details from.I was wondering if i could get details such as if the case was filed on my name and if so what the current status is.The case had been updated in the automatic messaging system though.
Please if annyone knows where and how i could get this info please reply.

With thanks bunch...

Regards,
Sidhdhi

receipt of Labor Approval?

:) How Long is Chicago DOL taking to mail the approval notice?

labor approved: 12/22

Re: receipt of Labor Approval?

Hi 4GC,

Could you please let other GC aspirants know when your case was forwarded to DOL chicago (and also you case # first five digits) so that others in the forum would get to know how close their cases are.. Thanks.

I have seen earlier in this forum that it takes 5 to 15 days for the hard copy to be received after approval.

Congratulations on LC approval !!!

Thanks,
DBS Raju.

Originally posted by 4gc
:) How Long is Chicago DOL taking to mail the approval notice?

labor approved: 12/22

e-mail status update

HI,

Did anybody tried the e-mail status update from the DOL, chicago recently.

I tried to get the status and I did not get any reply back. (I got it previously once).

Thanks,
Raju.

LC Status Check at DOL Chicago

I have got this information in this forum only. I have personally checked the staus through both the following and it works. Somehow, for the last two days, I could not get the e-mail status update. ......

- Call Chicago DOL AVM system 1-312-353-1059, and enter '1' for permanent applications and next menu press '2' if you don't know the case number -> enter your company 10 digit phone number (which was enter in labor application on form 750A)
OR
- Send an e-mail to lcstatus05@doleta.gov with either one of three things in the text of the message (It is underlined and italicized here for emphasis. People should not underline or italicize in typing in the body of the message!):
(1) Employer Tel #. In the body of the message, please type Employer Phone (555)XXX-XXXX (employer phone number) and send;
(2) Employer Tax ID#. In the body of the message, please type Tax ID XX-XXXXXX (employer tax id number) and send;
(3) LC Case #. In the body of the message, please type Case XXXXX (your case number) and send. Only one case at a time will be accepted.
* Status report will be e-mailed back to you almost instantly.
* Status database is updated everyday at 5:00 a.m.

Originally posted by ss_guy
dbsraju

Can you plese post the email id to check the status?

e-mail update

Hi SS,

I did get the update this week (I tried on Monday). I think the 'body text' is important to be in an order (May be their application looks for some text). Anyway, I tried like the following.

Employer Phone (612)999-999
in the body of the message.

In subject, I think I just put "Please update my LC status". It worked just fine. I also tried with Case 0XXXXX in the body the next time. It worked too.

Also, the AVM works real nice. You could try that.

All the best !!!

Originally posted by ss_guy
Raju

I mailed already but no response. Did you get any email update?

Thanks

I am sorry Akash.. I am not sure about the address. I will try to find out and let you know if I get any details.

Regards,
ucn

Originally posted by Akash Sharma
Hi ucnair,

Thanks for the number. It works and lady was so nice. She spend 15 minutes to search my application but unfortunately she could not found my application means they have not received. Do you know which address should my emplyer has to send the application? I think he posted to wrong address.

Thanks

How Long is Chicago DOL taking to approve a Case.?

I think it takes about 2 to 3 months from the Receive Date at DOL Chicago. If you want you can download the tracker.xls (I see it above in the same web page(73)) and see the other applicant's details. You can again upload that sheet after you enter yours if you wish.

Originally posted by rpanwar
How Long is Chicago DOL taking to approve a Case.

Please post any new info you have!

If you got any info, pls post it here. Have nothing to update tracker with:( Anyone got appoved in Jan? Pls look at the tracker is any of your info is missing and let us know. Thanks.

Re: Please post any new info you have!

Hi dina,

Can you please explain how the tracker works ? I was thinking that we download the tracker.xls sheet and upload the same file (after modifications !!!) using attach file at the bottom of this "Post Reply" button. Infact I did it once like that.

Is there a way that I automatically get an e-mail notification (from either the forum or DOL) when something new comes up for my case (like updated status, approval etc) ?

Thanks,

Originally posted by dina
If you got any info, pls post it here. Have nothing to update tracker with:( Anyone got appoved in Jan? Pls look at the tracker is any of your info is missing and let us know. Thanks.

Chicogo Labor cleared

My case has been certified :) . Please add it to the tracker. Here are the details.

Type: RIR/EB3
Case Number: 054148XX
Dot code: 030.162-014

Sent from SESA on 10/10/2002
Received at Regional Office: 10/17/2002

Certified on 01/08/2003
Hard copy received at attorney's office: 01/13/2003

I could never get my case details (no postings around the date when it should have arrived in the regional office) from the automated email system when I included either the Employer's phone number or Employer tax id - (kind of strange). My attorney's office got the case number for me by calling the officers in Chicago. After I got my case number however, I was able to get my case status using the email system, by typing the case number in the body of the message. I thought I will share this info with the forum so that, future users do not get worried if their case number does appear using the phone or tax id methods.

Special thanks to Dina for maintaining the tracker. See you all soon in the I-140 forum.

New Tracker

Here's the updated tracker.
Shya2001, thank you for posting your info. I am so happy for you. What state are you in? My case got to DOL on 10/15 but has not been approved yet. It appeared on their phone system a month late. How did you find out you were approved?
Dbsraju, yes, you can update the tracker yourself. There was another person doing it and I have taken it up after he got approved. This forum would not provide you with any info on your case (it's the other way around:)). You can adjust your log in profile to receive e-mails when there are any new postings to this thread.
Good luck and keep posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dina,

Thanks for updating the tracker. I am from Michigan. Yours should be getting approved anytime now. I assume that you have your case number already. If so, send an email to the automatic system (lcstatus05@doleta.gov) on a daily basis
with the following in the body of the message:

Case 054XXXXX

I did not include anything in the subject line. You will get the status for your case only. I think they update it on a daily basis. Mine got certified on 8th and when I emailed on 9th I got the certified status in the email. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.