Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dina,

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't got any messages from you. Please send your e-mail again to bnks_2000@yahoo.com

Updating the tracker should be very simple. I can briefly explain that to you by e-mail after you send me a message to the above address.

Also, I think you just reversed the processing times in your previous message. It should be read as processing Oct-02 cases at IL SESA and August-02 cases at Regional Office. Hope this does make you and the others waiting for Labor approval happy. :)

All the Best.

Can labor petition be filed by two employers at the same time???

I am not sure if anybody has been in this situation but here is the question I have -

Is it possible to have 2 different labor certification petitions filed by 2 different employers for the same person?
I know its not possible for an employer to file multiple petitions irrespective of regions.

I would appreciate information on this if anybody has done multiple petitions.

Thanks,
ucn.

Re: Can labor petition be filed by two employers at the same time???

You can file multiple LCs and then multiple I-140s at the same time. It matters only when you are filing for AOS in I-485 stage. At that point you can use one of them, which ever is approved first. I know folks do it all the time and am sure its legal. And learnt it from Murthy's chat too.

If you have a possibility, just do it. You can use the first approved LC for concurrent filing.

Originally posted by ucnair
I am not sure if anybody has been in this situation but here is the question I have -

Is it possible to have 2 different labor certification petitions filed by 2 different employers for the same person?
I know its not possible for an employer to file multiple petitions irrespective of regions.

I would appreciate information on this if anybody has done multiple petitions.

Thanks,
ucn.

how to track the case No

My case No is 054 14 1xx, how to track the case No , how do I know that case will be processed.

Thanks

Ringbell

non-RIR

Hi, everyone.

I am taking non-RIR currently. From Chicago DOL Tracker, I saw 2 non-RIR cases which are pretty confusing. mnew case was sent to SESA on 01/10/02 and got approved on 08/27/02, but linus case was sent to SESA on 01/01/00 and got approved on 06/05/02. How can processing time for these cases are so different?

Also, from DOL, I saw SESA is still processing Apr. 2001 case. Then how can mnew's case be processed so fast?

I am thinking to refile my case to RIR, but it will take another 2-3 months for ad. I am not sure it worthes or not.

If you have been in this situation, could you please give me some hint?

Thanks for the input.

Sent application to Chicago DOL

Hi All,

My employer has sent labour application to Chicago DOL in end of October. But he has not received any information from DOL. What should we expect from DOL by now? Should we get Receipt date/case# from DOL?

Thanks.:confused:

Re: Dec 2 Tracker

Dina,
Just want to make a correction in the tracker. The case details for both the cases under my name are totally wrong. The case has not been approved as it shows in the tracker.

You might want to put in the correct info -

Case # 54115XX and 54115XX

DOT code - 030.062-010

Sent to SESA - 05/23/02
Recd at DOL - 07/15/02

Issued NOF on 10/02/02
Reply expected by 12/12/02 (after receiving extension)

Regards,
ucn.

Originally posted by dina
If you have any new info, pls post it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please help with paper ad

Please help with paper ad
Could any of the experienced people help me with my question. I would greately appreciate.

What are the news papers in Chicago area to advertise for RIR process. I know about 'Chicago Sun Times' and 'Chicago Tribune'.
But these are very very expensive. Are there any cost cut methods for these paper ads.

Approved

MI labor approved and sent to Chicago on 8/20/02. Chicago labor cleared sometime in Nov.

C u all in I-140:)

my updated info

IL RIR

case number: 054139xx
dot code: 163.167-018
sent to SESA: 7/31/02
Sent from SESA to DOL: 9/20/02
Certified: 12/10/02

Good luck to everyone!

Thank you all for updating your info

To help us collect all the info we can, please don't forget to post if you filed RIR or non-RIR, what state you filed in and when you got the hard copy of LC approval. Good luck to everyone!

kumarkrish,

NOF is Notice Of Finding.

This could be issued for any of multiple reasons and can be a painful process (atleast for the applicant). :(

Usually NOF at DOL could be issued -
1. if DOL thinks there is not enough supporting documents for the applicant to be qualified in the category application is filed - eg- education/ related experience.
2. if DOL thinks there is not enough documentation showing efforts to employ US citizens /Permanent residents.
3. if DOL thinks there is not enough documentation to prove the ability to keep the employee as a permanent employee in near future. ( This is specifically in relation to financial status of the employer and evidence whether employer would be able to provide employee with existing reasonable pay for the occupation).

After NOF is issued to the employer or representing attorney, the employer/attorney is given certain amount of time (I think around 35 days) to respond with relevant documentation and proofs. The employer/attorney can also ask for extensions to provide the requested documents ( I am not sure how many extensions DOL gives).

Once all the supporting documentation related to the NOF's are recieved DOL usually takes a decision within 90 days (doesn't have to but usually it does). :rolleyes:
In RIR related cases the decision can be either rejected or denied. If the application is denied a fresh application can be filed only after 180 days - this can either be RIR or Non RIR.
If the application is rejected - it goes back to SESA and the application is treated as Non RIR since then and processed with the same priority date as of initial date of application but the whole process is supervised by SESA.

There is lot more to NOF and can be different with individual cases.

Hope I was able to give you an idea regarding NOF.

rgds,
ucn.

Originally posted by kumarkrish
Hey ucnair

What is NOF & what do they typically ask for. Can u share some details if you dont mind.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
nof

you said it can either be rejected or denied. it can also be approved, right? so it's like rfe for ins? thanks for sharing the info.

Hey Ucnair

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately my case has been issued a NOF. I dont know the details yet as my lawyer hasnt received any info yet.

How long does it take to receive the letter from dol?

How do u know whether it is an remand to employer or state ?

Thanks

My employer sent papers to SESA in Oct end. But we have not received any confirmation from SESA (accept FedEx receipt). Can I expect anything from SESA? I understand DOL issues case#. Is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.