Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dina,
Definitely it can be approved!!!! I was just trying to give the worst case scenario.... ( I guess I am a pessimistic ).

kumarkrish,
Yes, it takes a while for the DOL to actually notify the employer/attorney :rolleyes:
In my specific case it took over 7 days for attorneys to get the specifics about the NOF's even though they were told that the case is being issued a NOF. I am not sure what source my attorney used to get that info but it took them over a week to get the hard copy of the NOF.
The NOF specifically requests for information before it is remanded to the SESA - atleast that is my understanding - because SESA would have sent it to Regional based on some documentation....and Regional office requests supporting documents/evidence before sending back to SESA. I am also told that Regional office is very particular in giving specifics so that attorney/employer can provide exact information. This is also helpful for SESA to evaluate the case on the Regional office's findings ( in case its sent back to SESA to have the application treated as Non RIR).

rgds,
ucn.

Your advice, anyone?

My case has been pending RIR at Chicago SESA since the second week of Oct. The DOL website says SESA currently processing Nov cases, but mine hasn't been forwarded to DOL yet. What should I/my lawyer do? Thanks.

Re: Your advice, anyone?

Dina,
Even though the processing dates show November it really doesn't mean that SESA has made decisions on all the cases received till that date. It is only telling us that the last application SESA has taken up for evaluation was recieved on that date. You need to enquire about your case only if the dates are more than 6 to 8 weeks behind the processing time mentioned on the website.
There is a number for SESA (atleast there is one for Illinois) that the attorney can call up and find the current status of the application. Our attorneys were able to get us feedback from them even though we were within the processing time when the application was with SESA - again I dont the source they used to get the information.

rgds,
ucn.

Originally posted by dina
My case has been pending RIR at Chicago SESA since the second week of Oct. The DOL website says SESA currently processing Nov cases, but mine hasn't been forwarded to DOL yet. What should I/my lawyer do? Thanks.

SESA CASE Number

I had applied for my labor certification last week in Illinois State?
Would I get a CASE number on filing the application? If so, how long would it take to get the number?

Your help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks

sv70

Re: SESA CASE Number

sv70,
I am not aware of a case number provided by SESA. As per my understanding case numbers are assigned by Regional office and not SESA.

rgds,
ucn

Originally posted by sv70
I had applied for my labor certification last week in Illinois State?
Would I get a CASE number on filing the application? If so, how long would it take to get the number?

Your help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks

sv70

Re: Re: SESA CASE Number

Hi,
You may call the SESA office a few days later and find out the case number. They usually don't send you the information automatically but you may request it by calling them and giving your company name and the last name. It is better to ask your attorney or your company representative (if you didn't choose an attorney to file your application) to request the same. They may not give this information if you call directly.

We asked our HR Manager (as we didn't use an attorney for the LC ) to call the Illinois SESA after two weeks of filing our applications. After several calls and voice messages, they finally called back with the case status numbers. Good luck !!! :) :)

Originally posted by ucnair
sv70,
I am not aware of a case number provided by SESA. As per my understanding case numbers are assigned by Regional office and not SESA.

rgds,
ucn

Labor Approved DOL Received date Sep 25

Hi Folks,
Our applications were approved on the 13th and 16th. Both applications were received on the same date Sep 25th at Chicago Regional DOL. Mine was approved on Dec 13th, my colleague's was approved on Dec 16th.
Curiously, our applications were submitted in the same envelope for the exact same advertised position. Only one set of documentation was provided as proof of recruitment.
Strange are the ways of the SESA that our job positions - DOT Codes were assigned differently and in the end however, we got our applications approved without any hassle ...
Never know what's going on out there. Good luck folks and hope to see you all on the I-140 forum.

It'll be very helpful if everyone takes a moment to update the tracker spreadsheet so that it can serve as a reference for those painfully waiting for their applications to get the nod ...

Tracker Updated with details

Hi,
I updated the tracker with our details. RIR-EB2 and DOT codes.
I suggest the same to those who haven't done so yet ... :cool:

Could anyone help me by posting my info in the tracker. I don't know how to do it myself..

Case # : 054157xx
DOT Code : 030.062-010
DOT Description : Software Engineer

State : Minnesota.
WFC Receive Date : 09/03/02
FWD to Chicago : 11/8/02
RCD Date at DOL : 11/12/02

Filed as RIR EB2 (5 years experience in C, C++ Programming)..

I will appreciate if anyone could share their experiences related to DOL queries to employer if any.

I did not hear anything from DOL yet on my case, but with respect to the prevailing Job-market conditions, I am worried if DOL is asking the Employers to conduct more Interviews or referrals from DOL's Job bank etc.. these days. Any suggestions for preparations for the Employers to Reject any such referals by the DOL are highly appreciated.

I work for a small company, so my Employer really did not have much experience in LC issues.

Thanks a lot !!!

It's all there in the tracker spreadsheet Akash. Illinois SESA received the application on July 19 2002 and was received by Chicago DOL on Sep 25. Was certified on Dec 13 :)

Originally posted by Akash Sharma
Hi gc-appl,

Did you get any information when sesa received you application?

Thanks.

How long does it take for a case to reach DOL. SESA sent out my case to DOL on 12/09/2002 and I am not seeing my case yet, either on their phone system or their email system. I am using the employer's phone number to check on the case.

how do you know they sent it out?

how do you know they sent it out? DOL takes over a mo to update their phone system.

Re: Labor Approved DOL Received date Sep 25

Hi, gc-appl

How many people has your company interviewed for the advertised position? 10, 20, 50 , or more? For RIR, our application is required to include the applicants resume, interview records, and reason they got rejected.

thanks.

Originally posted by gc-appl
Hi Folks,
Our applications were approved on the 13th and 16th. Both applications were received on the same date Sep 25th at Chicago Regional DOL. Mine was approved on Dec 13th, my colleague's was approved on Dec 16th.
Curiously, our applications were submitted in the same envelope for the exact same advertised position. Only one set of documentation was provided as proof of recruitment.
Strange are the ways of the SESA that our job positions - DOT Codes were assigned differently and in the end however, we got our applications approved without any hassle ...
Never know what's going on out there. Good luck folks and hope to see you all on the I-140 forum.

It'll be very helpful if everyone takes a moment to update the tracker spreadsheet so that it can serve as a reference for those painfully waiting for their applications to get the nod ...

Wisconsin Labor approved.

I filed labor from WI on Sep 22, 2002. Within 3 weeks, it went to Chicago DOL and yesterday got approval...

Cheers.....

Re: Re: Labor Approved DOL Received date Sep 25

Hi Mr. Stone,

My employer has submitted that he has recd 6 Resumes, but they did not have any experience as required.

We did not hear anything from DOL yet. Could you please give me your comments on such a situation.. My attorney told me that we don't have to include the applicants resume etc., unless they ask.

Anybody with questions from DOL regarding how many people were interviewed, records etc., please post your comments and ideas. Are there any cases where DOL asked to interview more people ?

Thanks,
dbsraju.

Originally posted by xstone
Hi, gc-appl

How many people has your company interviewed for the advertised position? 10, 20, 50 , or more? For RIR, our application is required to include the applicants resume, interview records, and reason they got rejected.

thanks.

Hi,

I asked this question couple of times but I guess its not cleared. Let me ask it again.

My employer sent application to SESA for RIR case in last week of Sept or first week of Oct. Web site is showing they are now currently processing November appplications. I called DOL and still they have not received my case from SESA. How do I know SESA has received my application and what is current status of my application. My employer has not received any information/query from SESA. He is not filing through any lawyer but filed himself.

Is there any SESA contact# to find out the status of my applpication?

Thanks.

Hi Akash,
I am pretty sure you might be able to get some kind of response from this number. I was given this number a while back by a colleague of mine... and was told to call after 3 PM Chicago time.312-793-6831

I personally haven't called this number..by the time I got this number my case had already gone to Regional office.
You can post your reply if this number is worth calling or not.
Rgds,
ucn.

c
Originally posted by Akash Sharma
Hi,

I asked this question couple of times but I guess its not cleared. Let me ask it again.

My employer sent application to SESA for RIR case in last week of Sept or first week of Oct. Web site is showing they are now currently processing November appplications. I called DOL and still they have not received my case from SESA. How do I know SESA has received my application and what is current status of my application. My employer has not received any information/query from SESA. He is not filing through any lawyer but filed himself.

Is there any SESA contact# to find out the status of my applpication?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.