Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
email system doesn't work well

by the way I found my case status through the phone system. my lawyer didn't inform me, neither did the email response system.

so keep checking the phone system!

thx all, Email system responded..

Hi all, I was able to receive responses from the email system to my employer tax id by just saying

"Tax ID xx-xxxxx " in the body of the email and I did get a response back.
Employer : XX
Address : xx
Case # : 05412xxx
DOT Code : 030.162-014
DOT Description : xx
No. of Openings : 1
Wage / Base : $xxxxx.xx Annually
Received Regional Office: 08/16/2002
Current Status : Received Regional Office On 08/16/2002

Thanks for all your response posts.

But as of now, I still don't know if the case number provided is my case number.
BTW: what is a DOT code number?

Re: What does this means

You must have had an earlier NOF (Notice of Findings) on your case; the rebuttal is simply a term for your response to it and this refers to the date they received your rebuttal. Watch for any action from the DOL.b

Originally posted by kofking
I checked AVM and got a reply from lcstatus05@doleta.gov saying that the case status is

NOF Rebuttal Received on XX/XX/XXXX.

What does this means?. Does it means the case is denied or on hold for any supporting documents from my employer.

I appreciate if anybody could let me know what the line means.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi bnks,

I tried Employer phone no in the text and i got the response within
1 hr listing the cases.

Case # : 054124XX
DOT Code : 030.062-010
DOT Description : xxx
Wage / Base : XXXX Annually
Received Regional Office: 08/02/2002
Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 10/02/2002.

Case # : 054124XX
DOT Description : xxxx
Wage / Base : XXXXX Annually
Current Status : Received Regional Office On 08/02/2002.

Still iam unable to figure out whether my case or my coworker case approved.
How many days it will take to get the hard copy.

Thanks.

Re: anu2180

Hi anu2180,

You should know Salary mentioned in Item 12 of your application ETA 750 Part A in order to determine your case number. Since the DOT code is same in your case with your co-worker(s), check with your attorney for the Salary mentioned for you in your ETA 750 application. Whichever case# matches that info should be yours.

Good Luck :)

Why don't you call DOL and talk to "John"(312-886-2928). He's a very good guy and will definitely help you.

My company sent some five cases on the same day and i called John to know my case #. My lawyer still doesn't know my details and i'm waiting for HC.

Hi bnks,

I checked ETA 750 Applications for both and the salary is same in both cases.

Patcha_card is it ok to call DOL, Shall i ask just about the approved case.

Thanks for the info.

SESA case number

Hi everyone,

My case was sent to SESA on 09/27/02, but so far I have not got the case number. Isn't this wired? When do you guys get the case number? and is it the case number in DOL?

Thanks for the info.

Software Engineer - RIR Denials

What is up with Software Engineer category DOT code: 030.062-010 ? I have seen so many cases denied for one of our subsidiary company. I got a response via DOL e-mail system, and trust me I saw at least 6 denials for RIR cases, all of them from Dallas DOL (Region 6) office. Most of these cases were denied in year 2002 (Aug-Sep). Rest of the categories are approved ex. Programmer Analysts, Database Administrator etc by the same office. We announced some lay-offs last month, but these cases are denied before the announcement. And the strange thing about this whole deal is that all the denied cases are only Software Engineer category (RIR). I have no clue what is going on. I think similar kind of stuff is going on at Boston DOL office (Software Engineers are getting hammered). Any thoughts?

RamFan

Anu, just tell him that you are double checking your case status and ask the name of the person for the approved case.

Oct 21 - cases certified

DOL certified the following cases on Oct 21, 2002

05412290 - 05412370

congrats to whoever got it yesterday!

Hello JDGC,

Any Case with DOT Code

030.062-010

got approved

----------------------------------------------------------

jdgc

Oct 21 - cases certified
DOL certified the following cases on Oct 21, 2002

05412290 - 05412370

congrats to whoever got it yesterday!

GC Labour certificate receipt

Hi All,

Recently my company filed my GC papers for Labour Certificate in Chicago (State Level). Does any one know will i get any receipt from Chicago Labout department for status tracking.

Thanks
Bhonagiri

Re: GC Labour certificate receipt

As far as I know, even if you get a receipt from State labor, there is no way of finding status.
sdd

Originally posted by suryapet
Hi All,

Recently my company filed my GC papers for Labour Certificate in Chicago (State Level). Does any one know will i get any receipt from Chicago Labout department for status tracking.

Thanks
Bhonagiri

Hi Everyone,

My case is finally approved(NON-RIR).

case # : 0541244x
DOT Description : Software Engineer
Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 10/24/2002.

Thanks.

Approval

My case is approved:

Case No: 0541240X
Approval Date: Oct 24

I'll update the tracker and FAQ on Monday. Who is going to take over from here?

SDD

Tracker

Congrats sdd and anu2180

Wishing you all the best for the next stage/s.

sdd: Please update the tracker with the information available with you at present and I will maintain/update the tracker in future till my case is adjudicated.

FAQ & Tracker

Folks,
This is the last time I am going to post the FAQ and tracker but I will be checking this forus to see if anyone needs help.
bnks has volunteered to take over the tracker (and FAQ??)
SDD

Incomplete FAQ on Labor Certification in Chicago

New items are marked with Bold, last update Oct 25, 2002

How to find your DoL case details if you don’t know:

- Call Chicago DOL AVM system 1-312-353-1059, and enter '1' for permanent applications and next menu press '2' if you don't know the case number -> enter your company 10 digit phone number (which was enter in labor application on form 750A)
OR
- Send an e-mail to lcstatus05@doleta.gov with either one of three things in the text of the message (It is underlined and italicized here for emphasis. People should not underline or italicize in typing in the body of the message!):
(1) Employer Tel #. In the body of the message, please type Employer Phone (555)XXX-XXXX (employer phone number) and send;
(2) Employer Tax ID#. In the body of the message, please type Tax ID XX-XXXXXX (employer tax id number) and send;
(3) LC Case #. In the body of the message, please type Case XXXXX (your case number) and send. Only one case at a time will be accepted.
* Status report will be e-mailed back to you almost instantly.
* Status database is updated everyday at 5:00 a.m.
- If your company has multiple labor certification applications DOT code number sometimes helps.

- Dot code classification can be found on
http://online.onetcenter.org/
Select "find occupations" and enter the dot codes w/o dots (!) or dashes.

- If you cannot find out this way, the only other way is for you or your attorney to call the respective SESA office and find out if the file has moved to DoL.

Processing Times

- Currently it takes around 5 –10 days for your cases to be put on Automated Voice message after Local SESA sends it to Chicago DoL

- It usually takes 2.5 to 3 months for most of IT

- Seems there are two analysts working on RIR case

- Based on observation - when DOL officers review cases depends on DOT Code and RIR/Non RIR

for example if you are Prof / Teacher for some college/university it gets approved very fast , within 2 weeks after RD

if you are IT related jobs, it takes about 2.5 to 3 months for RIR

if you are chef, it takes about 3-5 months for RIR

if you are cleaner/gardener , it just take couple days after RD because they have to wait very long time in local

and when they take RIR case, seems they follow the RD but it depends on the officer which case # he/she wants to review

- It usually takes about 5 to 15 days to receive Hard Copy after your case get certified

Checking case status

- Automated Voice Message number 312-353-1059. AVM seems to be working properly (if you get an error try again)

- Send an e-mail to lcstatus05@doleta.gov with either one of three things in the text of the message (It is underlined and italicized here for emphasis. People should not underline or italicize in typing in the body of the message!):
(1) Employer Tel #. In the body of the message, please type Employer Phone (555)XXX-XXXX (employer phone number) and send;
(2) Employer Tax ID#. In the body of the message, please type Tax ID XX-XXXXXX (employer tax id number) and send;
(3) LC Case #. In the body of the message, please type Case XXXXX (your case number) and send. Only one case at a time will be accepted.
* Status report will be e-mailed back to you almost instantly.
* Status database is updated everyday at 5:00 a.m.

- The status is updated on 5 am from Monday to Thursday (according to official)
Based on observation, the status SEEMS updated on 9 am Chicago Time from Monday to Thursday and seems on 9 pm on Friday afternoon also sometimes on Saturday
On every Monday, Automatic Voice Message gets updated (very long update). When you call AVM and the phone keep ringing, it means AVM update is in progress

- If you running out of time in your H1-B (close to 6 years), Is possible to make a request to DOL officer to expedite your case (give them your request and proof that you're 6 years almost up) (USE WITH YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE)

- List of phone number and email of DOL officers
Abraytis, John 312-886-2928 Jabraytis@doleta.gov
Carroll, Sarah 312-353-1550 Scarroll@doleta.gov
Gonzalez, Marie 312-353-3333 mgonzalez@doleta.gov
Johnson, Marsha 312-353-1509 majohnson@doleta.gov
Kimmons, Belinda 312-353-1207 bkimmons@doleta.gov
Smith, MaryAnn 312-353-7536 masmith@doleta.gov
Van, Renee 312-353-3448 rvan@doleta.gov
Warren, Waconda 312-353-1054 wwarren@doleta.gov

- Many attorneys advise that it is better not to call DOL officers directly asking about
your case, because it will irritate DOL officer and some attorneys said if they get
irritated, they will try to find fault on your file.
WebSite Link related to this issue : http://www.murthy.com/UDavoid.html

- If you want to talk to DOL officer, the best time is around 8.30 to 9am Chicago Time

- Pl see DOL Chicago tracker thro a file called "chicago dol tracker excel.xls" posted by sdd (bnks to take over)

- If your case has not been processed according to time frame then make sure to call your lawyer to inquiry about your case status, for example if your case has RD 4/1/2002 and today's date is August 31, 2002. When you check AVM, AVM reported that they already processed case with RD 5/1/2002, it means that your case is about 2 weeks to 1 month behind. Please ask your lawyer to inquiry about your status, because there are possibilities that your case is lost or misplaced

Miscellaneous

- DOL Chicago WebSite http://www.doleta.gov/regions/reg05/Pages/Acutxt.cfm#times

- DOL Website for all region http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

- You could get an RFE, Remand to State, Remand to Employer
"Remand to Employer" usually means the DOL has sent the employer (attorney) a letter looking for more details about the recruitment, for instance sometimes asking the employer to contact the prospective applicants that were not offered the position. This is usually not too serious and usually doesn't cause too much of a delay if the DOL accepts the employer's response.

"Remand to State" means the case has been sent back to the respective SESA for clarification. This is more serious and can significantly delay processing of the case.

After approval

While you are waiting for your hard copy, you should try and collect all documents required for concurrent processing to avoid delays. Pl see the forum on concurrent processing of I-140 and I-485 for more information:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com...&threadid=57200

Some Immigration Links

www.immigration-law.com
www.shusterman.com
www.visalaw.com
www.murthy.com
www.shihab.net

Please give more suggestion to make this FAQ useful for anybody that needs it

Hi Guys,

Those of you who are expecting your LC approvals, please place your order for medical forms on INS web site. This is important. Most of the doctors expect us to get the form.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.