Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks musiclover,

After reading through the dol web page for labor processing times, it seems chicago region is taking less than a year for labor approval for both state and federal and is considerably faster than other regions. Now I am looking for an employer who would be willing to file my GC from there. Can anyone suggest one?

Thanks,

My case (RIR) was fwd to DOL on dec 28 2003.
my lawyer told me it will take another 30 days (may15 or so)before chicago DOL enters the case in the system.

When I called my AVM, it says

"Returned by employer after Remand"

Will that mean my case is going to take longer than expected or Is this a normal process?

My company has more than 200 employees. My degree is equivalent to MS in US. I am assuming that, they would have done proper advertisement.

Is this happening to every one or at random... Please response

Thanks again.

check FRUAD COMPANIES thread

Originally posted by GC_Dona
Thanks musiclover,

After reading through the dol web page for labor processing times, it seems chicago region is taking less than a year for labor approval for both state and federal and is considerably faster than other regions. Now I am looking for an employer who would be willing to file my GC from there. Can anyone suggest one?

Thanks,

check FRUAD COMPANIES thread

WHAT R THE DOCUMENTS NEEDED & THEIR FORMATS????????

Can anyone tell me the list of all documents needed from our home contry to file for I-485...

and their "FORMATS" also...ex birth certificate... if it'snot avialable waht r the certificates needed and their "FORMATS"?

I want to make sure of all docs ready in hand from india and other places ...b4 I get LC and 140 cleared..

Plese send the SCANed copies of recent document FORMATS if u have anythingavailable at ur desks..

Thanks

Koushik Thank you so much...

just one more Q

I checked the excel file attached by udai & alwin..

In the excel file ,I see that Case#5430500 was RECD on 11 Feb and Cert on 18 Feb

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=753636

Does it mean DOL is processing the some cases recd on 11 Feb ?
But as per DOL website latest processing date is 15Nov03.. Am I missing some thing?

Thanks in advance for your response
AnbuFl

Originally posted by koushikreddy
Hi AnbuFl,

You got wait atleast couple months for your case to appear in AVM. Mine was forwarded to Chicago DOL on Jan 27th,2004 and still not in the system.

-Koushikl

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the delay...

Hi AnbuFl,
Yes that is correct. But look at the DOT code. It is 408.687-014 and the job title is FARMWORKER. Cases applied as late as April 1st week are also being approved. May be there are not too many applications for those jobs! The delay is only with job titles related to IT like Systems Analyst, Programmer analyst, Software Engineer etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Udai

annybody know why chicago is so slow nowadays?

Hi All,

Does anybody know why chicago is so slow now a days. any one contacted dol lately and were given any info?

thanks in advance

udaippan,how did u find out about the job titles? and the dot codes starting with 323 also seem to be getting approved fast..if i remember my friend's case right,thats for a mechanical engineer?

Does anyone know that how DOL is dealing with cases of returned by Employer after Remand ? Mine was recd back at DOL on 5thApr and since then no change in status . Did they forget me and moved on with new Applications ? How come they can forget after giving me nightmares of all the recruitment efforts ....?
If someone has the Update on how long does it takes before they "pick" your application after Remand , pls post.
Thanks for your Help

Here is the DOT code URL

Puhrince,

Here is the URL where you can find all about the DOT codes:

http://www.oalj.dol.gov/libdot.htm

Yes, non-IT LCs are being approved faster. As I mentioned earlier, either it could be bcos the number of applications received for those jobs are less or the DOL must have got "orders" to delay IT related applications. God only knows!

Let us keep up our faith.

Thanks,
Udai

Hi Bhasu

My case is returned by the state after remanded on Feb'5th. Still I am waiting for my case approval. No idea what they are doing,

Originally posted by Bhasu
Does anyone know that how DOL is dealing with cases of returned by Employer after Remand ? Mine was recd back at DOL on 5thApr and since then no change in status . Did they forget me and moved on with new Applications ? How come they can forget after giving me nightmares of all the recruitment efforts ....?
If someone has the Update on how long does it takes before they "pick" your application after Remand , pls post.
Thanks for your Help

udaippan,thanks for the link..i have a further query on this - how do you know what your dot code will be? Mine can fall under more than 2-3 categories on that list..so i was wondering does anyone at any stage know what his/her dot code is? or is it something based upon what the lawyer mentioned while applying?

AnbuFl can you pls answer something ?

Your case moved to DOL right in April...but Oh Sesa is still processing March 2003. I wanted to know if you filed for an IT position related labor and also if OH is still in March 2003?

Pls answer...OH thread is not that active so I miss out a lot af news.

thks :)

Latest Update

Case # 5429750,
RD: 11/26/03
DOT Code: 030.162-014

Have Fun !!!

Slow

Alvin,
The last DOL update was April 24th. Looks like they took 8 working days to get into 26th. which means we are going to wait 3-4 month whose applications are in MID DEC.
Anyway let hope for best and be patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.