Chicago Local Transfer Interviews

dfagen19

Registered Users (C)
Anyone here with a NSC RD of 06/01 or earlier with Chicago transfers still waiting for Interviews or have finished interviews?? Please reply.

I am RD 9/13/01 and still have not heard anything on my case. No even 2nd FP although they expired.

Will be going to Chicago office for an update.

:mad:

My Details are:
RD:07/01
ND:09/01
FP:12/01
TD: 09/02 (Chicago Local INS)

Received Second FP notice on 23 May 2003. Got it
done this 31 May 2003. No Notice for Spouse FP yet.

:rolleyes: God help all Chicago Sufferers !!!

Originally posted by dfagen19
Anyone here with a NSC RD of 06/01 or earlier with Chicago transfers still waiting for Interviews or have finished interviews?? Please reply.

Wife FP

Call UR local congressman. They will get you a FP for UR wife, although may be for a different date than UR's. Also, U can go earlier than scheduled day and they will usually do the FP before date on notice.

No interview notice yet

My receipt date is May.2001, Transfer date is Apr.2002, still not hear anything from Chicago INS.

Chiwaiter Good Luck

Chiwaiter,
Thanx for the reply. will keep u updated if I hear anything. Let me know if you hear from Chicago.

chicago transfer

details -

RD: june 2001
ND: july 2001
First FP: Nov 2001
TD: July 2002
Second FP: apr 2003 (notice sent to new address)

Interview date: Still waiting

Last edited by a moderator:
followup to chicago transfer cases! Please help

My wife's case was transferred to Chicago in May 2002.
Her RD: Dec 2000
Her H1B is expiring on June 9th.
We applied for EAD in Jan 2003 but haven't recieved it yet.
Can she go to the local office and get an interim EAD?
I heard they give a tough time on that.

Thanks

Go to Office

You should be able to go to the local office. They should be able to issue her an EAD without problems. I would just take all the documentation that they would typically require for a new EAD. I think the EAD office is on the second floor. explain UR situation to thelobby person and she will direct you to the appropriate person. I know that if the EAD was filed in Chicago, U can show up 90 days after filing date and they will produce an EAD immediately. Hope this helps.

advacne Parole Renewal Approved after 9 months

my AP Renewal is finaly approved after 9 months of fighting with NSC, on 05-09-2003 they transferred it there, then I hired a very good lawyer who knows few people in the chicago office, he was able to track my file as soon as it got there, and yesturday my visa was approved, I went Yesturday to the Local office and I picked it up. Now the next step is my 485, I did my second FP yesturday and they did not tell me that it was transferred, they only transferred my ap application and my wife's 824, they kept the 485 in NSC, do you think they did that, so that I can get my FP done first, then transfer it to Chicago, or they will continue to process it in NSC, if any one in this situation please let me know.

thanks

10-29-2001 485
10-29-01 824
FP 02-5-2002
Second FP 06-03-2003
Ap Trasnfer Date 05-09
824 Transfer Date 05-29
second AP 09-19-2002 - Approved 06-02-2003

Interview Completed at chicago office but..

Went in for the interview today.. officer was nice and to the point. Asked routine questions.. date of birth, place of birth. Requested employment letter, pay stubs, W2s, medicals. He said that he will run a secondery security (Name) check and will mail approval letter in about 2 weeks.

RD: 9/10/2001
TD: 5/2002
Interview Letter: 5/1/2003
Interview completed: 6/4/2003
Approval pending name check.

Good luck everybody,

Attn: Islamabadi, Chiwaiter and Rd_06_01

Any of you had any progress with 485 interviews?? I am going in on the 17th to ask for interim EAD... Applied for renewal on 03/24 for 06/24 expiration at Chicago. Anyone know about Chicago and EAD's?? have heard mixed thinfgs.

Will also try and ask why we havent been scheduled for 485. Looks like several 09/01 RD's have aready had interviews......

chicago local EAD

My wife went for an Interim EAD and got it last week. They dug out her application and did not charge her any new fees/take the new photos etc.. They give her an EAD valid for one year.
They would not tell her anything about her pending I-485 application.
Her Details:
I-485 RD-Nov 2000(yes 2000)
TD: 5/02(transferred because they couldn't get FPs right two times)
Re-FingerPrint: Apr 2003
Still waiting for an Interview.

Oxygenman

Interview on 01/09/03, No approval yet

I had my I-485 interview on January 9, 2003, Still waiting for approval. After the interview the officer told me that I should receive my approval in 2-3 weeks. Here I am after 5 months still waiting. Strange are the ways of Chicago BCIS.

Second FP letter received

I received notice to go for my second set of FP today 6/09/2003. Lets hope Interview call comes soon after that.

RD 09/13/2001
1st FP 02/2002
2nd FP 06/2003

Any Updates??

Islamabadi and others waiting.... Anyone heard anything yet???? My second FP completed 05/03/03. No News yet from my side. Have heard numerous incidences of 9/01 RDs having approvals/interviews... What about us (especially. oxygen whose wife is RD 12/00. Oxygen ,have U tried senator/congman). It looks like yours is a pretty glaring ommission...)

Hello islamabadi and defagen, or others,
Do you know what priority date is Chicago processing. The last time I heard they are doing April 01, my case rd is Aug 01 and wonder why I didn't receive an interview case.

True SAID, "we can only wait"

My Details:

RD:07/30/01
ND:09/11/01
FP:12/27/01
TD:09/11/02
2nd FP 05/31/03

Waiting for Spouse FP notice, nothing received so far !!!

:rolleyes: