Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

I couldn't help but call USCIS customer service and spoke to a tier-2 officer. I did not get any new information - my case is in oath scheduling que and my spouse's case is yet to be fully approved.

When I explained this whole thing about the last oath scheduled in central IL area for the year is next week, the tier-2 officer told me that she is sending an email to the district office about my spouse's case status and we should hear from them within the next 30 days! As far as my case is concerned, she asked me to be patient and wait for the oath letter in the mail when the ceremony gets scheduled. According to her, it can take upto 90 days to schedule the oath ceremony after the interview.

So there seems to be very little choice other than to hope for the best and wait patiently :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't help but call USCIS customer service and spoke to a tier-2 officer. I did not get any new information - my case is in oath scheduling que and my spouse's case is yet to be fully approved.

When I explained this whole thing about the last oath scheduled in central IL area for the year is next week, the tier-2 officer told me that she is sending an email to the district office about my spouse's case status and we should hear from them within the next 30 days! As far as my case is concerned, she asked me to be patient and wait for the oath letter in the mail when the ceremony gets scheduled. According to her, it can take upto 90 days to schedule the oath ceremony after the interview.

So there seems to be very little choice other than to hope for the best and wait patiently :-(

Thanks cathat for the info. You guys and us are in the same boat.
How do you get to a tier 2 USCIS officer in the phone? Please advise.

After the first rep on the phone basically read out the case status as it appears on-line, we explained our situation and requested specifically that we need to speak to a tier-2 officer to get additional information to see what's holding up my spouse's case. I guess you may have to be persistent in asking for tier-2.

We had to hold the line for an additional 30 mins before actually speaking to tier-2, but I think it's the next best thing to an Infopass appt. at Chicago DO! Good luck and please keep updating.

Oath Scheduled !!!!!!!!!!

Received text that our oaths have been scheduled today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :cool:
Website shows the new status ;)
I'm guessing the letters will arrive Wednesday or Thursday. Almost there!!!!
@cathat I'm sure yours is comming. Good luck

Received text that our oaths have been scheduled today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :cool:
Website shows the new status ;)
I'm guessing the letters will arrive Wednesday or Thursday. Almost there!!!!
@cathat I'm sure yours is comming. Good luck

Congrats !!!! i got text yesterday and my status chaged to "Placed in Oath Scheduling Que"..waiting for date now..

Congratulations pajerito!! You are almost there!! Please let us know when & where your oath ceremony is scheduled.

Congrats pat_val.... just hang in there and should get the oath letter soon.

My spouse's case status changed to "Oath Scheduled..." yesterday :)
My case status is still showing "Placed in Oath scheduling Que..".
Hopefully they sent both of our oath letters together and just not updated my case status :eek:
Waiting for the letter(s?)!!

Any movement in Interview scheduling ???

Update: Received Yellow notice....things are moving in Chi town I suppose.

My spouse got the oath letter in the mail and the ceremony is scheduled on Nov-16.

No change in my case status, still showing "Placed in line for oath scheduling Que" since Oct-29. No idea why both our cases were not scheduled for oath together.

Scheduled an Infopass appointment for Tuesday to check my case status (to see if it is possible to be scheduled for the oath ceremony along with my spouse on Nov-16). Not sure if it's too late for that. I found out that after this week's ceremony, the next oath ceremony in central IL area is more than 3 months away! (http://www.ilcd.uscourts.gov/) :mad:

My spouse got the oath letter in the mail and the ceremony is scheduled on Nov-16.

No change in my case status, still showing "Placed in line for oath scheduling Que" since Oct-29. No idea why both our cases were not scheduled for oath together.

Scheduled an Infopass appointment for Tuesday to check my case status (to see if it is possible to be scheduled for the oath ceremony along with my spouse on Nov-16). Not sure if it's too late for that. I found out that after this week's ceremony, the next oath ceremony in central IL area is more than 3 months away! (http://www.ilcd.uscourts.gov/) :mad:

Good luck with the infopass appt.

I have received letter yesterday. Interview is scheduled on 27 Nov in Chicago.. So catching boat for this year..

During my Infopass appointment at Chicago today, they gave me the oath letter print out. It is scheduled on Nov-16 (with my spouse!) :eek:

US citizens!!!!!!

My wife and I became U.S. citizens yesterday ;) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to everyone in this forum for their advise and help.

chicago i-400 time line

hi everybody, i wanna just share with you all my case
here is
my Fp done 10-02-2012, and i still waiting the interview notice, we are now 12-05-2012
any hepl please.
thank you, i will update any news in time

hi everybody, i wanna just share with you all my case
here is
my Fp done 10-02-2012, and i still waiting the interview notice, we are now 12-05-2012
any hepl please.
thank you, i will update any news in time

@3azam... take a look at this link.
http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400

Set the US district office to Chicago and sort it by application filed date descenfing. You will get an idea on the time line. By the way my FP was done 10/03/2012.

I am in the same boat guys...Still waiting from Chicago DO for interview letter...My FP done on 09/25!!

@Zyack...On trackitt, a guy/gal who had the FP done 09/18/2012 received an update stating that interview was scheduled a few days ago... hang in there buddy....you are close. :). By the way I received the so called 'Yellow letter' in the first week of November..not that it makes any difference...