Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Hi, please let me join The Waiting Team :rolleyes:

Here is my timeline: To have an idea how long took the process based in NSC/Chicago area.

N-400 mailed - 03/20/2008
Priority Date - 03/24/2008
Check Cashed - 03/26/2008
NOA Received - 03/31/2008 - says # days to expect for notification 180 days
Fingerprint Notice - ??/??/????
Fingerprint Date - ??/??/????
Interview Notice - ??/??/????
Interview Date - ??/??/????
Oath Notice - ??/??/????
Oath Date - ??/??/????

Last edited by a moderator:
This forum is really nice sourse of information for naturalization process but I still have some questions. Can someone explain to me, sorry for the stupid question but why you have to call FBI and USCIS after fingerprints are taken? Just to check the status? Any info with phone numbers?
And why immediately after that, you have to schedule INFOPASS to check the status?

Hi, please let me join The Waiting Team :rolleyes:

Here is my timeline: To have an idea how long took the process based in NSC/Chicago area.

N-400 mailed - 03/20/2008
Priority Date - 03/24/2008
Check Cashed - 03/26/2008
NOA Received - 03/31/2008 - says # days to expect for notification 180 days
Fingerprint Notice - ??/??/????
Fingerprint Date - ??/??/????
Oath Notice - ??/??/????
Oath Date - ??/??/????

hello hamelionche,
I am too in the same boat with you... Chicago DO... this forum is great since we are all helping and informing one another for the N400 journey

This forum is really nice sourse of information for naturalization process but I still have some questions. Can someone explain to me, sorry for the stupid question but why you have to call FBI and USCIS after fingerprints are taken? Just to check the status? Any info with phone numbers?
And why immediately after that, you have to schedule INFOPASS to check the status?

To answer your questions:
No, you don't have to check your name check status if you donot want.

Some people check because they may have been waiting for a lengthy period of time from fingerprinting and still havenot heard anything nor receving any interview letter.
Or some cases, some applicants have been waiting for years and it really frustrates the applicants' well-being and family.
FBI ph# is 304 62505590/ 304 625-2406

For your case, you just filed your N400 so give it few weeks to get your Fingerprinting appointment letter.

There are 2 sperate things here,

1) Finger print status - you could call the FBI at 304# after the finger print is done 3 days later. They will advise you if the finger print is sent back to the office requested. By saying that, it means FBI responses the result of your finger print to USCIS.

2) Name check - this is another N400 application process that we have no way to check on it unless you speak with IO on the phone or in person through INFOPASS.

P.S. - you are NOT required to check on the either of these status. In the order word, you do not need to do anything unless you want to.

how's Chicago DO workspeed ?

Completed FP today. It took 10 mins at Naperville ASC centre.

Sri-IL at least you are one step closer after the Naperville FP...
I am hoping to get good news i.e. receving Interview Letter from you, pleasetellmewhy and hamelionche...
seems like Chicago DO hasnot sent out any IL yet or am I missing other good news??

I am hoping to get good news i.e. receving Interview Letter from you, pleasetellmewhy and hamelionche...
seems like Chicago DO hasnot sent out any IL yet or am I missing other good news??

I hate to say that you are right, there isn't much happening for those chicago applicants who alos posted in the forum. But hopefully, those applicant not posting at forum are receiving the IL, otherwise, we would have "long-wait-to-b*tch" about USCIS.

Hey Chitown08,

You know what is interesting, you remenber I previously mixed up you and the other person ( i think her/his name is chicgo2002 or something like that); the forum I previously posted is gone and the person is not showing up in this thread neither....

He/she was the one filing in early 2008 and got his/her case appears in USCIS online. I would say she/he is the one would have received the IL very soon.

I wish...but no such luck

Still waiting for the IL...don't worry guys..believe me I'll announce it as soon as I receive it :)

Hey Chitown08,

You know what is interesting, you remenber I previously mixed up you and the other person ( i think her/his name is chicgo2002 or something like that); the forum I previously posted is gone and the person is not showing up in this thread neither....

He/she was the one filing in early 2008 and got his/her case appears in USCIS online. I would say she/he is the one would have received the IL very soon.

Interview done for Priority date 07/27

Here is my timeline:

N-400 mailed - 07/25/2007
Priority Date - 07/27/2007
Check Cashed - 10/25/2007
NOA Received - 11/06/2007
Fingerprint Notice - 11/07/2007
Fingerprint Date - 11/27/2007
Interview Notice - 02/12/2008
Interview Date - 04/02/2008
Oath Notice - ??/??/????
Oath Date - ??/??/????

The interview was very friendly and I received the N-652 indicating that my case was recommended for approval. As per the officer I can expect the Oath letter in 4 weeks.

Hey Chitown08,

You are right... hehee... I forgot to name chicg2002 too... she/he should be ahead of me...

Here is my timeline:

N-400 mailed - 07/25/2007
Priority Date - 07/27/2007
Check Cashed - 10/25/2007
NOA Received - 11/06/2007
Fingerprint Notice - 11/07/2007
Fingerprint Date - 11/27/2007
Interview Notice - 02/12/2008
Interview Date - 04/02/2008
Oath Notice - ??/??/????
Oath Date - ??/??/????

The interview was very friendly and I received the N-652 indicating that my case was recommended for approval. As per the officer I can expect the Oath letter in 4 weeks.

hello pal70, thank you for updating your timeline on this Chicago thread...
I am happy to see at least some of the 2007 May-July backlog has received interviewed letter or even oath date at Chicago DO (r00724, smee, sashko)...
Anyone else from last summer backlog still not receiving IL? Hopefully all Chicago summer2007 backlog can have Interview dates at least this coming May at the latest.... (I am just hoping and forecasting that 2007 June-Aug filers from Chicago DO will have interview dates in April-May 2008 at the latest),... Can anyone else more experienced share or give inputs...??
Anyone else got IL: danny_o, boyfrombombay,... anyone else I am missing from last year?

The new loads (Q1 2008 filers) such as myself, chicagc2002, pleasetellmewhy, Sri-IL, nandamuru don't have any updates yet as of today...:confused:

Details

N-400 mailed - 02/08/2008
Priority Date - 02/11/2008
Check Cashed - 02/12/2008
NOA Received - 02/14/2008
Fingerprint Notice - 02/14/2008
Fingerprint Date - 02/29/2008
Oath Notice - ??/??/????
Oath Date - ??/??/????

N-400 mailed - 02/08/2008
Priority Date - 02/11/2008
Check Cashed - 02/12/2008
NOA Received - 02/14/2008
Fingerprint Notice - 02/14/2008
Fingerprint Date - 02/29/2008
Oath Notice - ??/??/????
Oath Date - ??/??/????

nandamuru... let's put new hope on USCIS' newest promised 'target' time frame :cool::rolleyes:

As I can see some of you (chitown08 and nandamuru) received NOA and Fingerprint Notice on the same date? Is it true? I wait for the mailman but nothing for me so far ...