Chicago DOL -Region V Tracker.Part -4

Did you have layoffs in your company?

Gheewalabhai, Indian_gems, vaani, AKS1234,Venus, Mangal

Did you have layoffs in your companies?

Birth Certificate

Hello everybody

My Priority date is 5/25 and if Chicago DOL continue like this it should take 10-15 more days.
Do We need birth certificate for I-140?
How do I get it translate it in english from hindi, also in certificate form itself there is typo( instead of Naam it is Graam)can I fix it in translation.

Please reply if you have any idea on this.

Thanks a bunch!

Received Hard Copy

RIR Chicago RD 04/30
            AD 08/02
Received Hard Copy 08/07

Within one week you are getting your Hard Copies

Good Luck
Well done Chicago DOL !!

No Title

Pathik,

I posted a similar question on the I-140 forum and got a reply from Superman. I have my sons
BC in local Indian Language. The affidavits he talks about has to be prepared by the parents.
In your case it might be your parents. In my sons case it is me and my wife preparing
the affidavit.. Hope this helpls .........

You need DOB only at I-485 stage. I got this info from my lawyer.

Post by Superman :

Gems, In your son\'s case, best thing to do is get official tranlation of the original certificate. If you
  prefer, you and your wife can do the affidavits before notory public. I am here with enclosing a
  format:
     Format of affidavit of date of birth
  I, (name of relative), solemnly state and affirm as hereunder:
  (1) I presently reside at ___________________________________.
  (2) I am a citizen of _______________________________.
  (3) I was born on ___________________ at________________.
  (4) I am the (state relationship to the person whose birth is being verified)
  (5) I personally know that (name of person) was born on ____________ at _________.
  (6) A request has been made with the proper authorities for (name of person)\'s birth certificate but
  the same is unavailable.
  I hereby affirm under the penalty of perjury pursuant to the laws of the United States of America (28
  U.S.C. Section 1746) that the foregoing is true and correct.
  This affidavit was executed on (date) at (Place).
  ____________________ Signed Date:________________

yes

You need a copy of a birth certificate. This SHOULD BE from a local Municipality NOT Hospital records, school records, passport etc. If you don\'t have the above, take a look at my posting 18.1.1.1

Good news but a little too late.

My labor certification (RD 12/26/00 – Regular LC) was approved (per AVM) yesterday 8/8/01. I was waiting for this day for a long long time, but it got certified when I am in a middle of switching companies. My new employer is in the process of filing new H-1(H1 transfer). It took ages to get through the Labor Certification and when it’s finally approved it is of no use to me. Brief history – Filed LC with IL SESA February 1998 (it’s not a typo – 1998 is correct), IL SESA approved it December 2000 – almost 3 years!!!! My bad luck was that I filed after busy January 1998 period (245I’s first expiration??) Filed for LC- regular with Chicago DOL 12/26/00 and got approved 8/8/01. Now this approval is of no use to me. I have to switch company as my current employer decided not to pay any bench time once I am rolled off the current project. The client offered me a permanent position, which I accepted.

Life sucks man. Now I have to go through the whole process again. I hope this time it gets approved much sooner than the previous one. It’s so frustrating. Just thought I’ll share this with people who know what all this means and can understand my dilemma. This approval feels like someone put salt on my open wounds…….

No Title

JRChicago - very sorry to hear about your dilemma. Life can be unfair sometimes.

Based on your message, it looks like Regular LC has reached 12/2000. Does anybody else have approvals from 12/2000 for Regular LC??

Birth cert affidavit

indian_gems,
Thanks for replying.
But I think if you have birth certificate in other language somebody can translate in english and you dont need affidavit. Affidavit is required only if you can not get the BC at all. I am not sure who can translate.

Please let me know what you think.
Pathik

please give some information

My RD is 04/27/01.My case is not approved sofar. It seems they started to approve the cases of may.MY case no is 053963**.
Anybody is having the same fate of me.please share the information u have.
Thanx

Ani

If you are not approved, These r the reasons I can think off:
    1. Dot code. DOL proved to be following the dot codes not just on the received dates.
    2. You might have already approved but system did not update your approval. It happens. Your attorney could receive your approval notice any time.
    Good Luck. Ask your attorney to give DOL a call.

Thanks

Thanks superman.
As u mentioned ,i have the DOT code
007.0##-###
i dont know what is happening.
just praying to god

No Title

Pathik,

My lawyer in Chicago says her firm uses a local agency to translate BC\'s written
 in foreign languages to English. They accept any language BC\'s. My problem solved.